Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Criticisms on the new UI, why it is good design | From a Graphic Design Perspective

Personally, I think copying GW2 would be awesome, but I'm biased since I believe GW2 is the greatest MMO ever created.

Note: The yellow bar over the health orb is energy in GW2, which maxes out at 100 just like Trove.

Quote Originally Posted by Koviko View Post
    Personally, I think copying GW2 would be awesome, but I'm biased since I believe GW2 is the greatest MMO ever created.

Note: The yellow bar over the health orb is energy in GW2, which maxes out at 100 just like Trove.
    I absolutely love everything about GW2..

And I had suggested a while back when they made a change to dodging so it is on a cooldown instead of consuming energy to take inspiration from GW2's energy bar.

I'd still like for this to happen so we have some sort of visual to know when we can dodge again.. and I remember a dev (Forgot who, probably Avarem) had said they'd like to do something like that or at least add some way to shorten the cooldown of the dodge.
    IGN: Celeress
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/celeress
    My latest mod: Battle Banner Sage
    Referral Code: YCCR-JL2Q-D7TH-79DE-WZK6
    Mastery level: 200
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpntug View Post
    we want to ease into the idea like an old man into a tub

Quote Originally Posted by Celeress View Post
    I absolutely love everything about GW2..

And I had suggested a while back when they made a change to dodging so it is on a cooldown instead of consuming energy to take inspiration from GW2's energy bar.

I'd still like for this to happen so we have some sort of visual to know when we can dodge again.. and I remember a dev (Forgot who, probably Avarem) had said they'd like to do something like that or at least add some way to shorten the cooldown of the dodge.
    That along with lots of other things need some representation in the UI, I agree. The length of a Barb's attack buff, the length of a Gunslinger's Ultimate, a UI indicator of the Fae's passive, etc. Right now, we are just guessing in order to maximize our DPS. But with actual UI elements we could rely on, we could make better decisions.

I totally agree about the colors thing. The first thing I saw when I logged on was this bright shiny gold UI screaming for attention. I definitely do not feel like it fits in with the rest of the game.

Also I'm not sure if you meant something else by this, but the old UI actually covered more of my chat because of the two orbs on each side. This one actually covers less, it's still covering my scroll bar, but at least I can read the last two words of a sentence now. If this made this UI any bigger I probably won't be able to read half my chat.

Overall, I do sort of like this new UI, especially the build bar, I think that was wonderfully done (other than the fact that it's just a little bit bigger than combat UI). It's just the colors on it that are making me turn back a little bit, especially that fat gold bar and circle around HP and energy. It's extremely unnecessary and it adds so much bulk.

I am personally NOT a fan of the new UI.

I don't mind combining the hp and energy orbs into a single orb, that's a great idea. The problem I have, is that they put it smack dab in the middle of the hot bar.
    I can't stand seeing my two bars split by a giant orb. I'd rather have it to the left or right side of the bar. Either one would be better than right in the middle.

The other issue I have is how elaborate they made the borders. It's like, screaming for attention and super distracting when fighting or searching for something.
    I was looking for my dungeon in the fae zone to show a friend, and nearly passed it cuz my eyes kept flickering down to the UI. It's annoying as hell.
    I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Mustard View Post
    Cool. I'll try this out when the servers come back online. Don't mean to offend Trion but it's somewhat annoying having the UI covering the chat window. And it still is in the new design. If the chat issue is fixed I'll go back to the default design.

7.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #17
    Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladebringer View Post
    I think a very good site. I like.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2