+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Revisiting Trove Mastery Rewards

Lightbulb Revisiting Trove Mastery Rewards

Hey all,

I want to address some points in regards to mastery that i feel are echoed by people i've discussed this with:

Mastery rewards are limited to store currencies, cosmetics and stat boosts
    • From 1 to 100, the only rewards given out are cubits, credits, lasermancy, crafting speed and flask capacity, while these are good benefits, they leave much to be desired.
    • From 101 to 700, the only rewards given out are Tomes, Radiant Sovereigns (Both addressed below) and cosmetics.
    • Tomes and Radiant Sovereigns are the exception to this, however these do not provide enough benefit and are too far apart as to be an engaging target of which to chase for.

There's no gameplay reason to go past Trove mastery 500
    • The stat benefits that used to be uncapped are gone, leaving much to be desired by those that engaged with mastery to minmax their accounts. Capping mastery was still absolutely necessary to make the endgame fair to everyone, But there should be additional reasons to push further. I believe these should be key items that help with rounding out progression.
    • The number of items that are useful to players who are established enough to have reached the high goal of trove mastery 500 can be counted on one hand.
    • The amount of points required per rank at this level discourages players from pushing the massive 10 rank gaps between rewards. rewards that are generally not very enticing.

I want to populate every currently empty rank with more benefits, something that can help with gameplay, something that people want to chase for. Here are my suggestions:
    Please remember that although the quantity of things being given out post-500 seems high, the amount of points needed per rank is also more than twice that of lower ranks, so it evens out.

Pre-500:
    • Fill every empty rank between 1 and 100 with a reward of 3 empowered gem boxes
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 2, 4, 7 and 9 with 3 empowered gem boxes
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 3 and 8 with 100 credits
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 1 and 6 with 1000 cubits
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 15, 35, 75 and 95 with 150 crystalline cores
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 25, 45, 65 and 85 with 30 bound brilliance
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 55 with +1 flask capacity

Post-500:
    • Fill every rank after 500 ending in 2, 4, 6 and 8 with 50 crystalline cores
    • Fill every rank after 500 ending in 1, 3, 7 and 9 with 10 bound brilliance
    • Fill every rank after 500 ending in 15, 35, 75 and 95 with a Super Memento Unlocker (new item, would unlock ANY one random memento not currently collected)
    • Fill every rank after 500 ending in 25, 45, 65 and 85 with 20 Lustrous Boxes
    • Fill every rank after 500 ending in 55 with +1 flask capacity

These changes should be enough to give players reasons to care for mastery once again.

Feedback is always appreciated.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: TBA | Total Power Rank: TBA | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trove Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

IMO Mastery should give Permanent rewards as it always used to, exceptions is credits and cubits which are only at the beginning as a small starter help and Sovereigns as the only usable non permanent thing which already most high mastery people dislike as a reward. This seems to end as one of the cases were people see "oh wow free stuff i like" from my perspective looking at it emp gem boxes most high mastery people barely need, crystaline cores should be added to delves to make up for the large amounts needed and bound briliance is in general a bit too limited and timegated just bandaging those issues short term with giving some of it through mastery seems not the way to go.

I like the idea of the memento unlocker giving out one or two as a high mastery reward seems relatively fair.
    I also would like to get more flask charges but tbh thats almost the same as a combat stat and can be equally or even more impactfull then the old mastery combat stats people complained about for imo no reason
    crafting speed would be another thing people could be looking at which imo should just be overall buffed and not take more mastery rewards spots
    Also we still only have Sovereigns added as rewards from 701+
    And the Geode Mastery cap is also an issue seems totally useless to care for any geode mastery

I like this ider

This is a really great post. I think the game would largely benefit from implementing this exactly as stated.

That said to further improve it I suggest significantly raising the output of crystalline cores after rank 500. 10 cores is relatively insignificant compared to the balancing logic used throughout the rest of the post. 20 cores at the least would make for a worthwhile level up reward.

I also think it would be nice to have other types of unlockers on top of the memento unlockers at different levels. Mounts, wings, banner styles - Anything really. It's always super nice to have something that can knock out that one pesky item you can't find because it's behind 4 layers of RNG. Guarantees are the best reward. Distributing those scarcely as mastery rewards is perfect.

I've edited the OP to reflect more worthwhile core rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    I also think it would be nice to have other types of unlockers on top of the memento unlockers at different levels. Mounts, wings, banner styles - Anything really. It's always super nice to have something that can knock out that one pesky item you can't find because it's behind 4 layers of RNG. Guarantees are the best reward. Distributing those scarcely as mastery rewards is perfect.
    I agree with this, its kind of the exact reason the golden dragon effigy is in there already.

Quote Originally Posted by IINikstarII View Post
    IMO Mastery should give Permanent rewards as it always used to, exceptions is credits and cubits which are only at the beginning as a small starter help and Sovereigns as the only usable non permanent thing which already most high mastery people dislike as a reward. This seems to end as one of the cases were people see "oh wow free stuff i like" from my perspective looking at it emp gem boxes most high mastery people barely need
    Hence why empowered gem boxes aren't given out after 500, players at that point are very likely to have a good collection of empowered gems. (and newer players starting now will get more through these added rewards to catch up faster)

crystaline cores should be added to delves to make up for the large amounts needed and bound briliance is in general a bit too limited and timegated just bandaging those issues short term with giving some of it through mastery seems not the way to go.
    I think as the game is right now, these additions aren't necessarily a bandaid, however if the game's progression evolves further through C5 or something gem related, the main sources of bound brilliance and crystalline cores would definitely need some touching up.

1: I like the idea of the memento unlocker giving out one or two as a high mastery reward seems relatively fair.
    2: I also would like to get more flask charges but tbh thats almost the same as a combat stat and can be equally or even more impactfull then the old mastery combat stats people complained about for imo no reason
    3: crafting speed would be another thing people could be looking at which imo should just be overall buffed and not take more mastery rewards spots
    4: Also we still only have Sovereigns added as rewards from 701+
    5: And the Geode Mastery cap is also an issue seems totally useless to care for any geode mastery
    1: Thank you! i know there's a few mementos out there that are especially tedious to get, that coupled with lessened interest in calling out where every memento on every week's challenge rotation is makes rounding out your memento collection that much more difficult. An unlocker like this in an amount similar to what i've outlined should be just what's needed to keep things fun and engaging.

2: As a heavy advocate against stats past 500, i was definitely debating not doing this, but with so many other sources of flask charges in the game, giving endgamers 1 or 2 more through mastery is something i'm fine with.

3: I did look over the other stats that are given in early mastery, but i didn't think anybody wanted more crafting speed or lasermancy, if anybody else has any interest in this i'll be sure to consider fitting it into my concept somewhere.

4: Not really related to the thread, as people start reaching 700 there will be actual things added, at least at the 10 milestones like we're used to.

5: Also not related, i know geode mastery has a lot of holes currently which could be filled, and it could also use a cap increase in the near future, but those things belong in a separate thread.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: TBA | Total Power Rank: TBA | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trove Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

I haven't been in the game for a few years, recently returned to the game to look at the changes. I see that the" Leaderboards " awards have changed in a terrible way. What you offer is more suitable for awards in "Leaderboards", but not for the master rank. The only thing that has a price for me personally is "+1 flask capacity" it really makes sense, it is also worth adding there, for example, the duration of the emblem (Martial, etc.) + 1 second for every let's say 50 master ranks. Any reward in the form of consumables in the master or geode rank looks ridiculous, personally for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Hey all,

I want to address some points in regards to mastery that i feel are echoed by people i've discussed this with:

Mastery rewards are limited to store currencies, cosmetics and stat boosts
    • From 1 to 100, the only rewards given out are cubits, credits, lasermancy, crafting speed and flask capacity, while these are good benefits, they leave much to be desired.
    • From 101 to 700, the only rewards given out are Tomes, Radiant Sovereigns (Both addressed below) and cosmetics.
    • Tomes and Radiant Sovereigns are the exception to this, however these do not provide enough benefit as to be an engaging target of which to chase for.

There's no gameplay reason to go past Trove mastery 500
    • The stat benefits that used to be uncapped are gone, leaving much to be desired by those that engaged with mastery to minmax their accounts. Capping mastery was still absolutely necessary to make the endgame fair to everyone, But there should be additional reasons to push further. I believe these should be key items that help with rounding out progression.
    • The number of items that are useful to players who are established enough to have reached the high goal of trove mastery 500 can be counted on one hand.
    • The amount of points required per rank at this level discourages players from pushing the massive 10 rank gaps between rewards. rewards that are generally not very enticing.

I want to populate every currently empty rank with more benefits, something that can help with gameplay, something that people want to chase for. Here are my suggestions:
    Please remember that although the quantity of things being given out post-500 seems high, the amount of points is also more than twice that of lower ranks, so it evens out.

Pre-500:
    • Fill every empty rank between 1 and 100 with a reward of 3 empowered gem boxes
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 2, 4, 7 and 9 with 3 empowered gem boxes
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 3 and 8 with 100 credits
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 1 and 6 with 1000 cubits
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 15, 35, 75 and 95 with 150 crystalline cores
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 25, 45, 65 and 85 with 30 bound brilliance
    • Fill every rank between 100 and 500 ending in 55 with +1 flask capacity

Post-500:
    • Fill every rank after 500 ending in 2, 4, 6 and 8 with 50 crystalline cores
    • Fill every rank after 500 ending in 1, 3, 7 and 9 with 10 bound brilliance
    • Fill every rank after 500 ending in 15, 35, 75 and 95 with a Super Memento Unlocker (new item, would unlock ANY one random memento not currently collected)
    • Fill every rank after 500 ending in 25, 45, 65 and 85 with 20 Lustrous Boxes
    • Fill every rank after 500 ending in 55 with +1 flask capacity

These changes should be enough to give players reasons to care for mastery once again.

Feedback is always appreciated.
    I like this idea and i hope it gets added
    Thijminecraft02

+ Reply to Thread