+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Items that defy historical norms

Items that defy historical norms

Lately the costumes from credit packs release with 35 mastery points, but later get adjusted to 70 mastery points
    (3) Turkeytopia costumes: Capotain Commander, Cornucopia, Gobbler's Guise
    (4) Holiday Countdown costumes
    [these haven't been adjusted at the time of writing]

laser mounted mounts (imgur) are historically 100 mastery points
    Foxtrot Force Captain is not yet

cannon mounted ships (imgur) are historically 100 mastery points
    Pinata God's Gallonen, Cygnus's Skyship, and SS Solidarity are not yet

carpet mounts (imgur) are historically 100 mastery points because they glide
    Stargazer's Tarp doesn't currently have the ability to glide while being 100 mastery points
    The 8 new carpet talisman mounts don't have the ability to glide or 100 mastery points
    there are a few items that use the carpet rig that do not fly, or look like carpets but aren't called them, which are completely fine being 50mp since they're not called carpet or reference flying in their tooltip.

tortoise mounts that are also ships (imgur) were historically 100 mastery points
    Icebreaker Tortoise, Perry, the Panatean Defender, and Techno Tortoise are not yet

Flavor text in tooltips doesn't need to include a copy of the ability text
    Abyssal Paragon Wings

Before someone else points out hats that are 1 instead of 10 mastery points, the requirement may be 'does more than sit on top of the head'.

Delve mounts (imgur) not sold by the NPC aren't Geode related?
    When Delves released, it was months before mounts dropping was fixed and there was confusion if they were also carried by the overpriced shadow towers, anyway Spike Roller -> Lunaclipsia didn't have Geode Mastery attached to them for unknown reasons. Delves is Geode content, because there's no light requirements on Troves homeworld. Later, Deep Dragons has added more mounts with bosses that are Delves-only, but still no Geode Mastery attached.

Badges (imgur) are a mixed bag,
    a)we see the progression of the badges value like so, 20 20 20 40 40 100 mastery points
    a1)dragon badges are slightly different
    b)now vs then...
    b1)now items 'rewarded' are included into the total, so a 100 badge + 10 ally reads as 110 mastery for example, in the UI
    b2)dragons badges work like b1, but most of badges themselves have no value
    b3)then items 'rewarded' wings, hats, and mounts had mastery values set to zero

1) I'd like to see the items 'rewarded' in b3 have mastery attached, those badges include...
    Dungeon Objectives, Blocks Destroyed, Boxes Opened, Consecutive Days, Total Days, and Fishing

2) I'd then like you to choose to either.. have all badges remove the sum of all items in the 'rewards' tooltip approach or include text explaining to players that the items listed in the 'rewards' section in the tooltip are not what the badge awards by itself. Why? Players constantly misunderstand the value of badges, even dragons, thinking a 350 badge and 250 Luxarion mount is 600 mastery points, in reality the badge rewards Luxarion mount (250/350) and I assume 100 mastery points from the badge itself.

special cases had all the rewards set to zero, so we know it's possible for badges to be listed with blank mastery values, it may not look attractive but it isn't misleading.

My most recent dm asked me why they didn't get 222 mastery points?
    this person has >770 total mastery rank, and still doesn't know how the badges work

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    Lately the costumes from credit packs release with 35 mastery points, but later get adjusted to 70 mastery points
    (3) Turkeytopia costumes: Capotain Commander, Cornucopia, Gobbler's Guise
    (4) Holiday Countdown costumes
    [these haven't been adjusted at the time of writing]
    Gobbler's Guise (Knight) was adjusted, the other 6 haven't been touched yet, since I don't see any mention of mastery point adjustments in todays patch notes I'll assume it's a work in progress. (The Trotting Tukrey memento was also adjusted, only those two items so far.)

+ Reply to Thread