+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Hydra Biome TT mem

Hydra Biome TT mem

My group has run 100s of hydras if not a 1000.
    Not once has a biome TT dropped for any of us on the ps4.

We just not lucky or have we been wasting our time?

Community Managers?

Anyone of you been on in a week? Does the biome mem drop from hydra?
    Toxic tunnels available in hydra?
    Yes No

Managers. Hello?

Told to ask here for the correct answer?
    Will the biome Memento Toxic Tunnels drop from Hydra.
    We have done 1000 and it seems like it’s not.

If customer service does not know and the community managers do not know.
    Can anyone suggest where I look for someone who does?

5.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #5
    Hey there,

Found out some info behind this, and biome mementos like this are some of the most rare to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobi View Post
    Hey there,

Found out some info behind this, and biome mementos like this are some of the most rare to drop.
    Thanks.
    But I need 3 mems and this is one of them. We have farmed this floor 1000s of time with 0 people getting the meme.
    I want to know if it really drops because it seems very unlucky if after my 100s ive tried and my groups 1000s none have it.
    Surly the odds are either to hard and need to be looked at or it does not drop at all.

We were very happy to see a way to farm this but everyone had given up as it’s no fun after so many failed attempts.
    If this is the way to get these hard to get memes we need a better way as you can’t expect a customer to spend 100s of hours working on something like this.

Looking at incomplete aggregated results from 28 weeks of challenge mode (imgur) I can tell you...
    biome memes will only drop from vault rooms that spawn the shadowy vault, and it's around a 5% chance for "biome" to be selected for that week.

I haven't heard anyone announce on pc they got the biome to drop instead of the boss.

edit; side note - toxic tunnels hasn't shown up on pc chall mode in 14 weeks, it took 12 weeks to show up the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    Looking at incomplete aggregated results from 28 weeks of challenge mode (imgur) I can tell you...
    biome memes will only drop from vault rooms that spawn the shadowy vault, and it's around a 5% chance for "biome" to be selected for that week.

I haven't heard anyone announce on pc they got the biome to drop instead of the boss.

edit; side note - toxic tunnels hasn't shown up on pc chall mode in 14 weeks, it took 12 weeks to show up the first time

9/10 times hydra is a TT floor and always a SS Vault.
    ps4 has never had at least 30 of the mems show up ever in challenge. Its not fun looking for something and you have 0 idea where it is or if it really is somewhere to be found.
    I like the idea of memes but seems like no thought was put in to how to find them if you wanted a certain 1 or 10.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlammed View Post
    ps4 has never had at least 30 of the mems show up ever in challenge. Its not fun looking for something and you have 0 idea where it is or if it really is somewhere to be found.
    I like the idea of memes but seems like no thought was put in to how to find them if you wanted a certain 1 or 10.
    PC players work together by reporting what floor drops what for the week (trovesaurus), from what I hear the console drops aren't the same.

I didn't mention this earlier, but the drop rate on memes appears to be around 15% so a single player may have to rerun floors a dozen times to get it, groups of 8 going thru and reporting what they saw might help.

I've already pointed out this delves system doesn't work well for console [on PTS], you've got no alts to hold portal depths to farm a dozen times, and you can't select a depth you want... so either you have to intentionally fail every floor** and reopen OR rerun every floor from easy portals and hope you get the ones you missed OR buy another console so you can use alts.

**you can't do this for biome memes, you have to use alts or easy portals to clear 3 floors before the meme will actually drop, I've tried clearing the same floor 65 times without success until I cleared the two floors before it.

If you do only have 3 memes remaining, bobble pod, q'b biome, and toxic tunnels biome? I congratulate your dedication on that platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    PC players work together by reporting what floor drops what for the week (trovesaurus), from what I hear the console drops aren't the same.

I didn't mention this earlier, but the drop rate on memes appears to be around 15% so a single player may have to rerun floors a dozen times to get it, groups of 8 going thru and reporting what they saw might help.

I've already pointed out this delves system doesn't work well for console [on PTS], you've got no alts to hold portal depths to farm a dozen times, and you can't select a depth you want... so either you have to intentionally fail every floor** and reopen OR rerun every floor from easy portals and hope you get the ones you missed OR buy another console so you can use alts.

**you can't do this for biome memes, you have to use alts or easy portals to clear 3 floors before the meme will actually drop, I've tried clearing the same floor 65 times without success until I cleared the two floors before it.

If you do only have 3 memes remaining, bobble pod, q'b biome, and toxic tunnels biome? I congratulate your dedication on that platform.

We do have a system and a google doc to share the meme locations in my group. Normally we map about 70% in a few days then the rest as the week goes on.
    We run alts to floor and rerun till we know whats there.
    Marigold is at 165 this week for the first time and a hard floor that you cant really solo as a sample, we have spend dozens of hours trying to get for everyone who wants it.

I need 3 biomes i misspoke.

TT, Corners and Sub.
    Bosses i just need Tri
    Creatures I need Ivy,Iris, Sand Skitters and bladebot.

These and a few others have never been in challenges not once.

Pin has never been in challenges as well and is a mount a lot of people have left as there only need including me.

Very frustrating needing something but not knowing how or where to go get it. Its not fun game design at all.

+ Reply to Thread