+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PS5 and the future of trove

PS5 and the future of trove

Personally disappointed in the 0 information we have gotten on the future of trove after Nov 2020.
    It could be dead or more alive then ever but we have no idea.
    They can just turn the servers off and say the ps5 was not a option or profitable.
    They could also do a huge ad campaign as a free to play game at launch of the ps5..

Trove has been dying for a long time at a certain level of game play on the PS4 but people keep getting replaced with new players.
    It’s a free game cycle backed up that we hate trove but all love trove. Trove fills a huge rpg/morpg that developers have not seemed to fill for many reasons. If a better trove was out I’m sure most of us over the last few years would have left to play.
    The ps5.
    What does this do to trove if nothing changes?
    I personally think we lose the most important thing that keeps trove alive and that the new players. Trove always loses players at the free to play to p2w level of keeping up with your peers but the new players have kept trove active.

What happens when we lose the new players.
    Trove dies.

No one who did not play trove on the ps4 is picking up the title on a ps5.
    Yes current people will play on their ps5s but as they leave no one replaces them.

Trove 2. Would be a billion dollars title.
    FFO WOW MC Diablo etc etc.. none of these titles did what trove did on the ps4.

What’s this post about... idk. I just want to hear from the developers on the future of trove and I want to hear now not after its to late and people walk away.

I highly doubt trove will be on ps5 that's probably why they aren't saying anything.

Again I don't know how many times I have said this.
    99% of PS4 games will be playable on PS5.
    That is both disc and download versions of PS4 games.

So Trove will be playable on PS5.

Trove wouldn't change anything.
    All that will happen is that the current game will get upscaled to 1440/4K if playing on PS5.

Might also have to use a DS4 and not the dualsense.
    That is directly from Sony themselves.

That's not what he's saying tho. Will trove be on the ps5 store and advertised on the ps5? The way it looks is if you have it downloaded on ps4 you can redownload it on ps5. Will ps5 have a direct link from the store to download trove so there's still a flow of new people or will you have to get it on ps4 then transfer it to ps5?

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    I honestly highly doubt Trove will be on the PS5. It's obvious that Gamigo doesn't really care about Trove; if they did, they would have done a better job on capitalizing the huge potential profit that is Trove. However, we may just be getting 'radio silence' because the devs are planning something and want to surprise us...? I highly doubt that though.

Honestly when the PS5 comes out, I'm gonna switch to other multiplayer games such as COD because all of my friends think that those games are better. I really don't want to see this game die, but sadly the forums are no longer a way of voicing our opinions to the devs so they can't get our feedback on fixing/saving their game. I made so many good memories playing Trove back in 2017 and 2018 as a middle schooler... it will be sad to see it end the same way as Paragon.
    PSN: Benji_Yokai
    Discord: NeatherBen221

Can confirm that trove does in fact work with the PS5.
    Logged on for the first time since May when my PS4 broke.

Can PS4 players on trove play with PS5 players

so you logged in from your ps4 acc on ur ps5

Quote Originally Posted by RacingsFinest View Post
    so you logged in from your ps4 acc on ur ps5

Yup.
    As long as you kept the same PSN from the PS4 to the PS5.
    All character progress is based on your PSN so it wouldn't matter if you did PS4 or PS5 or even Vita if it's possible.

+ Reply to Thread