+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Number of Players on a map

Number of Players on a map

so whats the point of having a high count of players if the instance can't handle them?

Make the maps and player count smaller, like 24 instead of 32. If maps go under utilized you're just generating heat.

We had a great discussion about this on The North's discord recently. I personally think it makes a lot of sense to lower the amount of players that can be in a world at once and I think many would agree. Full worlds consistently suffer from severe latency. It's so bad that players have developed methods specifically to wait out worlds until they're empty and no one is being spawned in them through the atlas or portals just to have some latency-free farming time. Once a world is filled up it's pretty much unplayable - Trying to push through is unfun and frustrating. It results in unloaded chunks that we get stuck in, attacks not registering against mobs and chests and in the worst cases, rubberbanding. There is simply no viable benefit to having the world capacity as high as it is because it never seems to reach the full potential it supposedly has based on it's high player limit.

Doing something like making the limit 3/4 or 1/2 the current amount is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    We had a great discussion about this on The North's discord recently.
    Believe the essence of my argument there was...
    I don't buy they're 'working on the lag' line wholesale, days after Leviathans update we had full worlds largely without loading chunk issues, comments were made by the community about how stable it was. But now we can't months after the Delves have died down?

Would be great if leaving when it got bad would help, but they just follow you to the next generated map

If you put more leviathan biomes in a map they might stay put to find them

This would help with the issue finding levis but also help 5* farmers and speed farmers as well, especially traveling light-years to find a levi but with distance to find them. Lag do slow down players after all with less players in a world would mean less lag unless if it is the server issues, also smaller frame drops due to less players in a world especially fighting a levi. This would also help dragon farmers as well due to less lag and adventure quests would also be less frustrating as well.

+ Reply to Thread