+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Delve objective: Reach Cursed Skulls

Delve objective: Reach Cursed Skulls

The requirement to reach the cursed skulls in every delve run is very detrimental to the overall delve experience. In most teams one or two players will rush out ahead of the group and complete the cursed skulls objective while the rest of the team completes the main objective. The rusher will then sit in the boss room, bored, until the main objective is complete leaving the team to complete the main objective while missing one+ member of their group.

In a team with bad communication, this gets even more chaotic. More rushers than necessary may run for the boss room leaving an even larger lack of damage for no reason. To make things worse some players rely on the movements of other players to determine their course. This can cause the group to split up randomly focusing everyone in different rooms creating a situation in which everyone gets a fraction of the loot from every run as apposed to getting the loot from the whole group if objectives were done while players are sticking together.

If the main objective is completed first then everyone just stands around waiting for the skip to boss room prompt.

No matter how you look at it, whether or not you're one of the players running towards the boss room, this is just dead air. It disrupts the flow of gameplay and provides no positive compensation. In challenge mode it can even directly enable people using programs they definitely shouldn't be (you know what I'm talking about) to gain an advantage over legitimate purple name competitors.

Removing this objective and allowing players to teleport to the boss room as soon as the main objective is complete would be a HUGE improvement to delves.

it's a big obstacle to solo delves so yeah i agree
    IGN: Hal_

A choice to go immediately would be nice. With inert banner runs I'd like to stay behind, but most of the time I'd elect to go ahead since passing through rooms at >300ms isn't a skill that needs to be tested.

That's how challenge floors have been for me >120, clear objective, swap to ms class to get to boss, swap back and chug flasks to clear cooldowns, then engage boss. Repeat ad nauseam for mementos specific to your needs.

this would make even more classes fall into obscurity when it comes to delves, i think it would be best if they just didn't count the dead time between the objective completion and the start of the boss in the completion time into the purple name LB. In general, walking through 5-8 rooms to get to a bossroom isn't that much of a deterrent to people, especially when things like rocket boots exist, that can bring any character to 200ms. also just as a side note the rusher can still switch to dps because the reach skulls objective stays completed even when not actively inside the BR.

The only class that is used specifically for rushing in delves is Neon Ninja. Before delves NN was and still is the ideal pick for farming dungeons. Fast classes like Shadow Hunter also have their purpose in adventure worlds. There's plenty of classes that genuinely have no purpose and need help desperately. If a class's sole purpose was to move fast and do no damage that's definitely a problem with the class and not something delves should ever have to compensate for in that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    The only class that is used specifically for rushing in delves is Neon Ninja. Before delves NN was and still is the ideal pick for farming dungeons.
    I'll guess some fae users might disagree with you in the future. eturn can outpace me but I wouldn't swap to fae for the speed increase at the expense of +1000% more inputs (clone spam).

This just seems lazy leeching imo, if you are going to rush I put standard on what I want from a rusher.
    As much as this seems like a game mechanic issue this is a people issue.
    You are to clear the last 2 rooms if dps isnt enough, or last room to help slightly. there is ZERO reason to afk in boss room.

Saying NN is the only speed class seems ludicrous imo as I have out sped them so many times on fae, IS, dino an even GS (my fav speed class)

But i do agree this should be taken out as an objective and even the free teleport as people have just gotten lazy an leech nonstop in spawn room.

Quote Originally Posted by XxJoExX0 View Post
    This just seems lazy leeching imo, if you are going to rush I put standard on what I want from a rusher.
    As much as this seems like a game mechanic issue this is a people issue.
    You are to clear the last 2 rooms if dps isnt enough, or last room to help slightly. there is ZERO reason to afk in boss room.

Saying NN is the only speed class seems ludicrous imo as I have out sped them so many times on fae, IS, dino an even GS (my fav speed class)

But i do agree this should be taken out as an objective and even the free teleport as people have just gotten lazy an leech nonstop in spawn room.
    Having NN stated there is literally just an example and in no word was meant as saying other classes cant be fast, but NN is the class 99% of people take to rush to br in delves.

That said, in addition to what previous people have already stated, I think that there are other things to be addressed aswell:

Delve key to proceed to the next stage: Im not sure if this thing is supposed to be a showoff of some devs capabilities but the fact that you need to wait up to 3 mins+ when people are not queueing for any reason is completely unnecessary and makes delves even more boring. In addition to that, even months into the patch, people still dont know that the portal opens faster when you are standing close to it, and making it a requirement to try and talk sense into everyone you are doing delves with is definetly nothing that should be required in ANY stage of the game.

Public delve queue:
    Having this thing find groups for you is a neat thing for beginners and can definetly help people out BUT:
    This turns into a completely annoying feature if you want to farm solo. 99% of the time people you get into delves with do either 0 damage, meaning all they can do is leech and have a negative impact on your gameplay, slowing things down by pulling aggro, not queueing at the delve key for the next stage etc. which basically makes public delves a nightmare to people who know what they are doing.
    Next problem with them: once your public delve score is too high/low, you wont find any groups, which is fine IF you didnt have to wait for 10 MINUTES just to get into a delve... I cant imagine any scenario where this would be beneficial at all..
    Easy fix: either add a functionality to the existing portal to allow you to get into delves solo, or make a second portal that works like the private/challenge delve portals that allows you to press e twice to solo start.

Another point being modifier/mob amount scaling:
    While having higher amounts of mobs/"high modifiers" while in a group or at a really high depth is totally fine, when being solo, this completely ruins experience and just makes doing delves annoying, especially when you lock content in this area, forcing people to always be in a group or waste half their life just to be able to clear delves. There should be a scaling of how many mobs/what modifiers can occur depending on how many people there are, and fixing those random occurences of a huge amount of mobs in very low depth delves would be appreciated aswell. Having to do thousands of delves just to get your last required memento, requiring you to solo kill even 20+ creatures per delve with 99% of the stages you are forced to clear without yielding ANYTHING useful is a complete nightmare. (Im at 13k.. yes 13000+ delves completed, and am still missing 1 memento of which the creature appears rougly 0/infinite stages.) You cant seriously mean to call this "content", all this is is stretching out stuff unnecessary to be able to say that people got enough stuff to do, making people quit/skip updates completely because its just too WAY too much to do for a normal player (to get to this point of progress in collecting, it took me over 25 days of pure playtime.)

I've been rushing to cursed skulls with Fae before and I've been outpacing NN's and DT's and the one came the closest to me is the other Fae player. since there's more mobs to kill, basically kill mobs as fast as possible then go to cursed skulls. The goal is to complete all objectives as fast as possible. Everyone has to make sure to double check if all objective are complete or not.

Quote Originally Posted by thespeedster View Post
    I've been rushing ... Everyone has to make sure to double check if all objective are complete or not.
    slow down and understand what was expressed, they want 'get to the boss room' removed because it wastes time for everyone involved. Running to the end only 'helps' the group because of their [devs] decision to make it that way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast