+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on Sept 3rd patch

Question on Sept 3rd patch

Does this patch just make the creatures more difficult at lower depths only or does it change the drop rate? Would farming a 150 depth now pretty much be the same as farming say a 170 depth before the patch? Did corners of qbthulu and scribes spawn rate drop to lower depths?

Also unrelated question, why does the beacon/skulls change color while fighting the boss? Does anyone know?

Ok so I'll answer my own question. The drops seem the same but the levels take longer now. I get what your trying to do by making it more team oriented to go deeper. This is kind of bad for ps4 na imo. Not many people do delves anymore. I looked over the top 200 mastery and most people have either quit or just come on to get lunar souls or c4 if they haven't got c4s yet. Most people who are endgame already have the c4s they need. It's hard to setup a dedicated group to farm private delves. It takes too long now to get these mementos that spawn at high depths. 20 floors is about an hour or more of play time now. Basically what I see is private delves will only be used for lower depths and people will have to wait for challenge delves to give them the mementos they need. This patch pretty much made some mementos time gated. I think the time limits to complete delve objectives should be removed. I would solo higher delves for corners of qbthulu etc so I could take break in between floors. Now that I need a group for 140+ I cant take breaks and have to dedicate alot of time to finding a group and also cant leave because I'll be screwing the group. You could fix this by making all mementos available at any depth. A major flaw in delves is the invitations. If one person leaves or goes afk which happens ALOT then the run in ruined at deeper delves. I see higher endgame players not inviting midgame and new player now. This will divide a shrinking community . The delve invite system should change and also the requirements for purple. Maybe make purple top 100 mastery instead. You could also shorten the maps. We usually get the 1st objective complete then it's a race to the boss which makes delves even more time consuming. If a c4 takes about 200 floors that's pretty time consuming even if your cruising through the floors and that doesn't account for seting up the group, loot collecting, queuing up, dropping the portal and opening vaults. When you get a c4 you cant do delves anymore either because cores don't drop in delves. That makes finding a group harder because people are in u10. It took me about a week to get 1000 cores to level up one c4. I think I had about 100milion total xp for that week too. On ps4 na there's usually only 1 or 2 people who pass the 1 million xp mark per week. I thought delves was supposed to be rapid gameplay?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you cant casually play delves and progress.

I agree for the most part, but I honestly don't think purple should be top mastery, as we already have 3 colors dedicated to mastery. On the other hand, I don't think there should be any challenge that absolutely requires a group of people to achieve a colored name, as that will make competitive people more aggressive. I do think its a nice touch to make groups of people cooperate to get better gear, as I think raids would make a much better community, however I don't think there should be any colored names dedicated to that specific challenge. As I point out in my raid post, if there were colored names for a solo AND co-op version of raids, then there wouldn't be as big of a problem with those, but there will always be haters. I personally believe they should go above crystal and find new types of materials that drop in different ways, but not need so much, but have more stars for upgrading depending on gear (much like the gems and how their upgrade system works (shadow goes to 20, radiant to 23, stellar to 25). But I don't think that type of update will happen for a very long time, if ever at all.

Before they increased the amount of mobs (PC) I could do solo 150+, but last 2 weeks I felt asleep during the long ways XD and stopped at 140+.

Well, for a lot of reasons I have to do solo ... some reasons are mention by awunn. I never had intention to get purple name ...

After the patch, now, when I go Public Delve I start at 130-134 ... all leave (probably just testing what depth they are), and if some still stay: we did not reach a boss, not in time or killed by mobs. I think in Private and Challenge Delves it will be the same ... not worth to carft any portal and search and wait for the right people ...

I do not know if your patch is the same we got earlier on PC, but the problems are the same ... for me:

I stopped doing Delve.

I have 2 full c4 and have to replace one full leveled c3 weapon only ... but for what? That little more power will not bring me any step higher (better say deeper) ... I can switch gems and gears to a better class ... for what? 1-3 depth deeper? ... I have more fun in farming my flux other ways and I need a lot to buy the missing parts (mastery items) ... Bye to shadow shards and other ST items - I do not need them any more. Mementos hunt bye bye ... bye bye long long long boring Delve ways [yawn] ...
    ... and I don't have to visit u10 anymore, because I will not upgrade any further c4.

I do not say "do the same", I agree to the problems awunn listed and explain my way.

P.S.: I see PC raids still go to Delve Challenge depth 234 (Privat 157). For that long time each level needs ... i think these people play 24/7 Delve. (40 people reached depth 200+, 112 150+, 457 140+, 790 130+, today, Friday)

P.P.S.: Solo I could do my breaks and time was enough - in a group impossible.There are 3 colors for mastery (rank 2000+). Purple is for the additional action gamers did during the week (rank 100+) and this is OK in my opinion.

With the hotfix more enemies is nice and welcomed.

What I dislike is the kill requirements. It does nothing but slow your progress. I feel the kill requirement should not have been changed. The boss's should not have been buffed. I do not find prior to update trying to get purple name fun. Now I do not find the current delves fun. "We're always looking to give you greater risks for greater rewards." What greater rewards? I am still getting the same thing I did before.

I wish I had something more positive to say.

I guess this just gives me a reason to play less.

Kill 200 with spores, chickens and duping mobs.
    Add 0 flasks and you have one of our floors this week.

Now this would be fun if you literally did not go into -fps trying to kill these.
    I like more creatures, this is fun.

There needs to be cap on the additional spawns so the game is playable though.

+ Reply to Thread