+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boss Balancing: which boss should be buffed or nerfed?

Post Boss Balancing: which boss should be buffed or nerfed?

I'm just wondering what you all think which boss needs a buff and which boss needs to be nerfed.

But I think darknik dreadnought is in the right spot with most shadow tower bosses. Is unavoidable attacks necessary with the levis or do they need fast range projectiles similar to dreadnought's? the only levi that doesn't have a unavoidable attack is the u8 one, it's similar to the trojan's sucking ability. Also Ifera the u10 levi is like the only levi with a insta-kill attack with a huge hit box vertically and big hitbox melee attacks including a unavoidable attack that bypasses the dodge invincibility frames. Also u9 levi also has an unavoidable attack but it's passive, therefor it occurs overtime, and the only levi with minions that hit hard. Daughter of the moon is the final boss for shadow towers and mostly melee with very predictable patterns move and becomes ranged when at 80% and 40% remaining health but at 60% she throws down the gun blade and becomes melee again but has a instant kill move but very predictable. At 40% she drops geysers overtime in the old days but doesn't work properly anymore, therefor it is useless with beam attacks that do high damage but still predictable and she also throw glaives at players that is slow but does high damage. glaives also give players loot.

So what you all think which bosses need to be worked on more?

i think that st should be reworked and all levis reworked. Levis are broken af, i dont understand how they kill me if i stand 15 blocks away from them and they do not have any interesting skills like st bosses have. St is useless atm, needs a huge rework and buff all bosses so endgame players will have some difficulties

with the exception of levis needed to be nerfed by removing unavoidable attacks so the players with Fae and neon ninja classes have a fighting chance with them, also their hitbox size is bigger than usual, but give them a phase like with shadow tower bosses. but they shouldn't be harder than the dreadnought when it comes to their attack moveset. Daughter of the moon is a push over compared to the rest of the bosses here, so she should be buffed.

Reason why so many players died to the u10 levi even with the u9 levi, also the unavoidable damage to all players thing for no reason needs to go. we don't need those gimmicks that throw players off because of that. It's move set of the bosses, not some broken gimmick from the bosses that throw us off. Also idk if they should keep the time limit for levis or remove them.

mega big TRUE dude

the gimmicks from levis should be removed from the game but rework the levi's moveset without any unavoidable attacks or other gimmicks, I mean what's the point having gimmicks when you have a time limit? The dreadnought's lasers are already hard to avoid for most players and killed lot of players as well. But endgame players would have no problem killing the dreadnought by abusing death-defy vial face tanking it.

Ifera and Timmense would likely to be nerfed since they have unavoidable attacks and a huge hitbox. Also daughter of the moon would likely to be buffed since her move set is predictable to avoid with her ranged move sets.

No attack should be unavoidable, because it would add more frustration to the player base also what if that unavoidable attack are insta-kills? That would be even more frustrating where the point the players rage quit and when they're situations that you are not allowed to die like in Shadow towers. Players are often to find ways to solo bosses and you can't stop them from doing it. It will always happen in most games. The only thing they cannot solo, is to put a bullet sponge boss against players with a time limit.

Why are they continuing to give us more bosses with stupid gimmicks in delves? Because bringing gimmicks that bring more frustration will throw players off and drive players away as well. They could've least give them a better moveset instead of the gimmicks bosses have and I thought the Darknik Dreadnought was challenging because of his moveset, but Timmense and Ifera, even Flakbeard in delves made him look like a joke, because of the gimmicks they have. I think these 3 bosses should be nerfed, by removing their gimmicks, but give them a better moveset. There's no need with the gimmick nonsense if you have a time limit in delves. Challenge suppose to be rewarding, not punishing players with gimmicks that causes frustration and driving players away. Also some Shadow tower bosses have been pushovers for too long, so why not buff their moveset? But no gimmicks. What's worse than Flakbeard in delve sucking you into a instakill fire? We have to wait and see if anything get any worse.
    Shadow towers was the good old days when we had to do arenas and dungeons with lot of mobs with elites and the false elites were most mobs there 1 shot a full dps player with no time limit and with the dream beast we have to kill at the end of the dungeon or the last wave of the arena cursed skulls. Also were we fight Shadow tower bosses and get rewarded for killing them, but when delves came, they were no more, but for badges.

Flakbeards decoy will suck you in, then explode. A single shadow hunter can take this decoy out before it sucks everyone in, but you have to watch flakbeard cast it and look on the ground for it.

I think the decoy is rather small compared to all the VFX that get spammed by the classes on the boss though, small orange exclamation or not.

The problem is when other players are too close to flakbeard making the decoy hard to spot, hard to shoot down because Flakbeard blocking it and thats why it makes it look flakbeard is doing it but it was the decoy actually doing it. Gunslingers can do this as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast