+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Regarding Infinium and Infinity Frames.

[Suggestion] Regarding Infinium and Infinity Frames.

So, more recently my friend and I have been putting huge amounts of work into our Club, starting by adding biomes to fit our two next large builds, but we've run into a pretty big problem: Infinium, or lack thereof. So I went out to mine some up, but its rare, too rare. This brings me to the first part of my suggestion: Make Infinium more common, at this point even a LITTLE bit would help, and put it back in the Fire and Ice biomes.

And maybe put Infinity Frames in the Shop for cubits, I'm starting to amass a large pile of cubits that currently have no use and would gladly blow them all on Frames, I desperately need a lot.
    IGN: VoltRabbit Officer of: Garden of Wool

Quote Originally Posted by VoltStar View Post
    So, more recently my friend and I have been putting huge amounts of work into our Club, starting by adding biomes to fit our two next large builds, but we've run into a pretty big problem: Infinium, or lack thereof. So I went out to mine some up, but its rare, too rare. This brings me to the first part of my suggestion: Make Infinium more common, at this point even a LITTLE bit would help, and put it back in the Fire and Ice biomes.

And maybe put Infinity Frames in the Shop for cubits, I'm starting to amass a large pile of cubits that currently have no use and would gladly blow them all on Frames, I desperately need a lot.
    They screwed up the ore generation a few patches ago, intentionally. I think it was to make people use tomes to collect ore to then sell, to force a dynamic in the economy.
    It is horrible. People now treat formacite like it is Infinium. All ore is ridiculously hard to farm yourself now. As a builder myself, I am pissed off a great deal. I used to be able to go farming/mining and get a yield that was reliable based on the goal I had for gathering. Now it is a nightmare. Expand land with infinium? More likely to get frustrated then actually find enough. Create giant stain-glass windows with formacite? More likely to get frustrated then actually find enough. Building resources should be totally reworked and lowered if the spawn rates for ore nodes are going to be kept this low.

I haven't noticed that formicite or infinium are harder to find recently. Is it confirmed that they messed up the spawn rates for ores? I know they changed what kinds of ores appear in the ice and lava zones, which I didn't care for, but every other biome looks like it has pretty much the same number of ore nodes it ever did, to me. Actually if anything I feel like I've been finding formicite slightly more than before.

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricFlower View Post
    I haven't noticed that formicite or infinium are harder to find recently. Is it confirmed that they messed up the spawn rates for ores? I know they changed what kinds of ores appear in the ice and lava zones, which I didn't care for, but every other biome looks like it has pretty much the same number of ore nodes it ever did, to me. Actually if anything I feel like I've been finding formicite slightly more than before.
    By screwed up I mean removing ore from certain areas. Also, infinium does appear less often for me. You get lots of formacite?

I have an issue because some biomes are missing it, I don't like using my brain when mining and having to think about which biome to go to and which to skip. I miss being able to run in any direction and gather as I go. And considering the gawd awful amount of formacite it takes to make large glass areas, it should be much easier. There is no reason to turn gathering materials for building into an end game, the end game is building. Gathering resources for doing it is just annoying, making it take longer doesn't add interesting game play dynamics.

I've found so much formacite recently that I've stopped gathering it for a bit. Underground in the Frontier and Candy biomes is where I've run into it the most. But, yeah, infinium needs to be renamed unobtainium for as rare as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    I've found so much formacite recently that I've stopped gathering it for a bit. Underground in the Frontier and Candy biomes is where I've run into it the most. But, yeah, infinium needs to be renamed unobtainium for as rare as it is.
    Give the formacite to me! Dustie's Inventory Cleaning Service™ is always available to help those in need! My services are always free!

I find the changes are apart of developing the overall player economy personally. I've got 700 infinium I had been planning on putting into my world but I've had no time to build lately. I see it as a gentle encouragement to barter with others or mine Candoria in packs etc.

You can have some of my ore if ya tell me how to get to your place so I can give you stuff. ;p

I haven't seen a SINGLE Infinium block since the update, which I will henceforth refer to as "The Accident".

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Mustard View Post
    Give the formacite to me! Dustie's Inventory Cleaning Service™ is always available to help those in need! My services are always free!
    Lol!

Sorry, but it's already earmarked for a couple of projects I'm working on in my world.

Personally I wish they'd lower the cost of infinium frames and terraformers. For someone like me who has a club all to himself, it's hell trying to expand it. I have to spend hours running through adventure maps trying to find infinium veins which then only have 9-12 ores each.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast