+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New players- mid game get screwed over almost every update

New players- mid game get screwed over almost every update

This is for all the haters out there (my fans <3 ) that say that everything is so unfair for them, i mostly saw this during the PTS of the delves update people complain that their mastery meant nothing after the update. If i am remembering correctly when the cap was 200 for stats (pr boost etc.) everyone was at a level playing field in terms of the PR class contest, Of course people just cant accept big changes that effect them and people began complain constantly and i even saw people that put tons of money into the game threatening to quit because of a mastery change . it was later changed to 500 giving stats and after that you slowly gain stats after, as before it was a fair playing field now its back to pretty much anything top 50 relating to pr (mostly leader boards) for P2W only. My point is that most of the time F2P players voice their concerns and get ignored most of the time, while the cash cows of the community can basically mass complain and say they will quit to get what they want.

A interesting change i have seen is that people without a certant amount of light cannot even get levitation rewards (not sure the exact amount needed but you have to hit it atleast once with a certant amount of light from what i have seen) before it was you could just stand there and just get the rewards, while its the best decision some people cant do damage anyway so why have them waste their time sitting in the levitation room for no rewards? i don't understand that. while this does not effect all of the player base or even me as an example why does no one complain about stuff like this? probably because no one cares about no one but them selfs and their tiny group of friends in this game most of the time (Mostly end game player)

But wait there's more...The entire concept of moving titan and lunar souls helps no one i'm guessing this is something that cant even be changed back without another update not that it would be anyways. if you are a returning player (or newer/don't read patch notes) and wanted to do shadow towers you would go in and notice its straight to the boss room. The first thing this does is deletes the best flux farming/XP gaining method in the game, delves do not nearly give as much XP as fast as shadows towers did and for flux farmers one of the best methods for farming flux is now gone for those people, TLDR: biggest XP and or flux farm is gone from the game in turn screwing over a lot of the player base.

In all honesty i just think people are like this because most of the game in late to end game and don't pay attention to anything that does not effect them. I just think overall people don't care about the little things/big things in this case, Like the whole shadow tower thing and no good replacement being put forth and don't give me that "they did it to reduce the lag" because if that's true it did nothing as far as i can tell.

In the end i don't know why i even try, it's not like the developers will take any of this into consideration. maybe if i threw 1,000$ into the game for the loyalty badge they will acknowledge the fact that this side of the community even exists Kappa.

"My point is that most of the time F2P players voice their concerns and get ignored most of the time, while the cash cows of the community can basically mass complain and say they will quit to get what they want."

Yes because 10,000 f2p players can leave the game with 0 effect but 1 p2w leaves you notice.
    f2p player are only in the game to assist the p2w people play as its a team game.

A interesting change i have seen is that people without a certant amount of light cannot even get levitation rewards.
    Earn it then. Put in the work to get to the end game.

deletes the best flux farming/XP gaining method in the game
    No ST are not and have not been for about a year.

maybe if i threw 1,000$ into the game
    Yes now you get it. Do you really think the devs care 1 bit about a f2p? They keep enough of you around to keep the p2w people happy.

Truth hurts. You want to be par with p2w you better be ready to grind. I know alot of f2p and p2w. If you dont like to grind this is not your type of game. f2p have to grind 2 3 maybe 4 times as hard as p2w. But with out p2w you would have no game to grind.
    I understand if you cant p2w, I will never judge a person on cash flow. There is options in the game for f2p players to get on par with p2w. Earn it though by out grinding the next person.

Trove in English is grind.

Woah there. Im not sure if you misread something or did not care enough to put more time into what you said. First if the "10,000" f2p players did not play this game would advrage maybe 300-400 of the same players then would really be considered a "dead game". So yeah free to play players do make a impact in a way.

The thing about light and levis. Im guessing you just assumed that i played this game for a week and just threw out the generic "stop complaing and grind" agrument. I was mostly talking about the people that dont have light builds or light in general for the levis.

Thing about ST. Tell me one place in the game better for farming XP for the people who dont have a level 30 class or want to max them out. Once again not talking about myself sense you cant understand that, most people would instantly say oh yeah shadow towers were the best xp method and for players with high magic find one of the fastes way to farm flux was taken away. Not sure what you mean by its been like that for about a year.

1k dollar thing. Did not know it got under your skin that badly for you to talk like that, once again i do belive the f2p do have a impact in the game. And what does that snarky comment even mean? "They keep enough of you around to keep the p2w people happy"

"Truth hurts". Once again i have no idea if you read this correctly but yeah im not a noob at this game i may even have a couple pretty good f2p accounts . The point i was getting as was that you cannot "grind to be on par with p2w you can get the distance of the moon and earth between a completely f2p account to p2w and not move any closer at all. I also have a question for you. Do you really think if one person logged in and threw 5 dollars at the game a week that it would still be here? I dont the game needs players aswell as the cashcows not just the cashcows making the game go round.

Woah there. Im not sure if you misread something or did not care enough to put more time into what you said. First if the "10,000" f2p players did not play this game would advrage maybe 300-400 of the same players then would really be considered a "dead game". So yeah free to play players do make a impact in a way.
    I meant f2p thoughts on a subject dont mean anything to the devs. They dont care what they want as they dont spend money. Why would they. There only here to help p2w people so the things they like to do. When I say they dont care, they care about the person but there thoughts on the game dont matter if they are not spending money.

who dont have a level 30 class

Level 30 can be done in a few weeks if your new new with no clue how to play and in 1 day if you know your way around trove. If your not level 30 have you really played trove enough to understand farming fro flux?

Not sure what you mean by its been like that for about a year
    Not even close to the best, after u10 dropped and geode st became 1/2 what it once was, you mean a way to farm without knowing the market. You saying shadow cashes even on a monday are more profitable to you then u10 or geode? Removing ST only removed quick shadow cashes? There 0 other items in a ST that make flux. Last time i looked they were in delvs. You mean a way to say invite me to boss and you do 0 right? Time to put in work for your flux...

"They keep enough of you around to keep the p2w people happy"
    And I love f2p players, many are my freinds. I dont judge your wallet or you not wanting to spend cash on a game even if your rich. I'm just telling you how it is and why the devs could careless about f2p players. They do 0 to support the game financially, sure they bring p2w people to the game and thats a great thing but f2p peoples thoughts on anything means 0. Why would the devs put f2p players ideas and thoughts over p2w? Never in any business do you value those who bring no value over those that do. The devs have to listen to p2w players first.

you cannot "grind to be on par with p2w
    Yes you can. You cant get even with them but you sure can get close enough to where the difference does not matter. I have a few f2p Friends who have been purple for years and even get it easier then I do as they had to really learn the game.

You did a great job ignoring what i said and trying to put words in my mouth and warp the words around to put it in your favor. The concept of farming st floor specificly three cursed skull arenas was the hands down fastes xp farm for people that dont have level 30. I dont undetstand what you dont get about the fact that St mini bosses drop radiants and stellars there could around 12 a room each one able to drop more then one item that could basicly be a stellar. I dont know if you are inexpreanced with shadow towers or what but every thing combined would make it faster then pretty much anything in the game. I love how you end it by saying "Last time i looked they were in delvs. You mean a way to say invite me to boss and you do 0 right? Time to put in work for your flux..."once again this is not about me dont know if you forgot that. I do "put in work for your flux" as you say it. This is about the people that do not have access to that anymore, i dont understand why you keep going for low blows acting like you are above me. Once again MINI bosses give drops for magic find bosses help but its not all about the boss once again i dont think you knew that.

F2P Agrument: im trying and trying and thinking and thinking trying to figure out what does that even mean? You say F2p players bring in p2w players im not sure what that means but in your own words does that mean that f2p player bring in p2w that "support the game" so in a way f2p brings in p2w and in turn f2p supports the game? Just wondering because thats the way you worded it.

No you cannot grind to be on par. Being on par means being at the same level being close is not on the same level. Purple name is just an excuse for you to weasel outta this topic. If someome spends even 20 dollars on a pack like the double dragon pack you mega mount managire etc. You will always altleast have a 1 mastery level advantage once again if you f2p you will never be on par. Also there is not much to learn with speed running most of the time people are using marcos/just flat out cheating for an advantage (cheats do exsist in this game) and things like that to squeeze a couple less seconds out. (Once again i dont know if you even know how speed running worked befofe the delves update)

I mean, I personally dont know a single person who grind shadow tower for levels, just seems extremely redundant to get your first level 30 while grinding st, bcuz you are going to have to grind for gems anyways? Most people dont even have the power to solo most shadow towers when they first start, how would they grind it for levels over something like br?

Everyone I know who grinded for flux was doing u10 an not botting shadow towers bcuz that stuff wasnt on console.
    The game gives you lie 10k mf now, anyone can farm ubers now(how the game is suppose too be)
    The honest truth is this game has to make money, take rewards from mastert away I have 0 season to buy packs or anything from a new update.

People who only play this game for a year think they deserve to be at endgame an where people who spent 3+ years at, the early to mid game is huuuge! Every update that has been coming out has been for midgame and not endgame. Tell me which update was endgame bcuz I don't remember any
    Delves is somewhat endgame but all you need is max geode an light gems to get pretty deep in delves an that's really not that hard to do. Any mid tier player can do that.

This update seems more a slap in the face for the f2p players. There are alot of f2p people on console who are maxed beside cashshop items. so they worked twice as hard an now being told their mastert grind was for nothing?

Just seems like alot of complain an moaning you say the p2w players are doing? Mastery change will lose gamigo money an thats a fact. I have 0 season to do delves as I'm already maxed. Weekly leaderboards as changed so there is no point in going for c4. No more sr? No reason to get c4. But but but delves has purple now an you need to get c4 for that. Seems more of a waste of time at this point.

I agree with joe completely. I'm also ps4 and top 10 on almost every leaderboard. I see no reason to grind delves. At first I was hyped about delves but after watching some steams idk. I dont need the mastery but was going to play it for the grind and because I like trove. The more I think about delves it seems like a waste of time for endgamers. There was already endless dungeons
    Trion didn't tell you guys most people didn't like geode?

Joe i agree with most of what you said. C4 really has no reason to even be in the game i only know one person that was excited for c4. And the xp farm for shadow towers. (Guess i should of been more clear) is when you have 1 high pr carrying while 7 others follow for XP. Example of an update for "end game" is the delves as for the other updates gardening update no one but mastery farmers cared about the levi update id say is mid to endgame aswell.

I feel the same way awunn. Yes i did grind everything day one on pc with the new update and feel no reason to play deleves besides on reset so i can reroll gems. Crystal 4 does not even make sense in my mind but its something to do i guess. I think people would keep playing even if the mastery got the intented change. I think people would still farm mastery to get on the top of the leader board.

Trove is just a broken make no sense game at this point.
    It's like 5 games using 1 name.
    Trove U,s, Topside U,s, BR, ST, Geode caves, Delvs, Gems, Gear, Gardening, habitats, Mastery, PR, Leader boards, market, augmentations, reroling, leveling, 7 different types of quests, clubs, clubits, dragon coins, mementos, banners, torches, levis, Ramps...... so on.

How the hell do you teach anyone to play this game. There's a reason most clubs stopped inviting new players to trove.

Everything they do affects something as how can you add anything and keep all the above unaffected.
    The game is crap now and if any of us had to start over today we would not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast