+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: Pets/4th Inventory Bag/Dye Palettes for Costumes

Lightbulb Suggestion: Pets/4th Inventory Bag/Dye Palettes for Costumes

Hello! The title is pretty self explanatory but here we go.

Pets

As most of the MMOs have pets for various stats and auto-looting, it would be nice to have them. They could be sold at the store for credits. These should not be mastery releated. No ally habitat randomness, no egg incubating and such. Just buy and use since they will be pay for convenience.

4th Inventory Bag

Well it is always nice to have more space while farming. Especially at u10 where there are no cornerstones. I keep going back to my club to loot collect and come back since the loot collect place is random to find. Having more space means more time to come across with the loot collector. Also, it has been a while since the last inventory slot sale (like 2-3 years?). It would be nice to have it to celebrate the 4th bag

Dye Palettes

I know you can change your costumes with mods, but why not add this feature? When you main a class and play with it alot, costumes get boring after some time in my opinion. We could have a dye screen with our 3d character, pick costume parts and change the color of the selected part. Dyed costume would stay like that even if you change your costume from collections, and to return it to its original state you could use bleach. Again these could be sold with credits at the store.

Now I do not know if these are possible to make in Trove, I am no coder. I merely wrote what I'd like to have in the game. If there are parts you do not like or would like to improve, I am eager to read. Thank you for reading.

1. I agree with the auto loot feature but do not want it to be implemented through pets. I also would not like something like that in the game.
    2. Would be ok.
    3. No thanks

The current Ally system is fine, and I don't see any reason to introduce something new and messed up the current ally mechanic. If you want something near "auto-looting" feature, use ExoDave Superior Loot Collector, which auto unlocks everything below Crystal Level 3:
    https://trovesaurus.com/mod=4667/exo...loot-collector

I bet you also never used Origin Portal Potion and Auto loot rarity sorting feature. I only loot Shadow rarity, carrying 70% of items on first page to loot with an extra page +10 slots are enough for me. How come? Origin Portal Potion and Loot Collecting when accepting quests. So I would not strongly agree to have 4th Inventory slot since I see this request more like "refusal to try current mechanic".

Even if you are not coder, you are well aware that most costumes are made by modders, right? If you want change color, you can't just use codes! You have to ask the modders to make another whole model for an extra style. Those costumes in Trove are not using typical 3D Model + Textures system, they are created via blocks. So u can't really expect to use code to tweak the color, plus it will destroy the original theme of the costume.

All good ideas for the long term health of the game. Do I like them all, no.

To expand on the OPs first idea. Allies could be sold that target specific items(or biomes) where they loot harvestables (not glim). For reals, I would pay for an ally that auto looted moonlight bulbs while i was out running around. Make the cost fair, and no mastery obviosuly.

Quote Originally Posted by PichuYang View Post
    The current Ally system is fine, and I don't see any reason to introduce something new and messed up the current ally mechanic. If you want something near "auto-looting" feature, use ExoDave Superior Loot Collector, which auto unlocks everything below Crystal Level 3:
    https://trovesaurus.com/mod=4667/exo...loot-collector

I bet you also never used Origin Portal Potion and Auto loot rarity sorting feature. I only loot Shadow rarity, carrying 70% of items on first page to loot with an extra page +10 slots are enough for me. How come? Origin Portal Potion and Loot Collecting when accepting quests. So I would not strongly agree to have 4th Inventory slot since I see this request more like "refusal to try current mechanic".

Even if you are not coder, you are well aware that most costumes are made by modders, right? If you want change color, you can't just use codes! You have to ask the modders to make another whole model for an extra style. Those costumes in Trove are not using typical 3D Model + Textures system, they are created via blocks. So u can't really expect to use code to tweak the color, plus it will destroy the original theme of the costume.
    I do use those features. Portal opens up top sometimes which is annoying so I'm not using it. Also auto looting has nothing to do with loot collecting, I do not understand why you suggest that.

If pets are a no no, they could add an auto-loot option to the miscellanous settings.

About the costumes, they could even make it for only starter costumes. Also, I do not think it is impossible. It is just too much work, but not impossible.

These ideas looks good but i just agree about second of them. Because of, servers are so lagged for collector pet. Also, i dont want to more P2W situation with Dye Palettes

Quote Originally Posted by onr View Post
    I do use those features. Portal opens up top sometimes which is annoying so I'm not using it. Also auto looting has nothing to do with loot collecting, I do not understand why you suggest that.
    Looting is currently inconvenience, not desperate for "auto-looting"
    At least that UI mod is making looting Crystal Level 1, 2, and Stellar easier.
    I would rather see the dev implement such function in-game instead of relying on mods, which always put the user in question:
    "Is this against ToS or not?"

Either way, it is basically focusing on the main intention of your post: Looting System in Trove starts causing inconvenience.
    By having a 4th bag slot, one can decided to travel more dungeon before starts painfully unlocking Crystal Level 1 one by one, and still have to worry not to accidentally unlocking Level 3.

Even without that UI mod, it isn't a disaster to find a location to loot collecting yet.
    Currently it is just inconvenience and did not achieve desperate call, yet.
    I really expect them to update "minimum rarity to loot" and official UI enhancement on looting screen, including auto unlock certain rarity in "Misc" option.

Origin Portal Potion behave funny
    Everytime a Levi raid happened, tons popup everywhere. Sometimes they are above the spaceship which, of course I hate it!
    I expect them to extend the landing area in front side to accommodate more Portal spots instead.
    If RTT is above 400 or lag, the portal sometimes despawn. Which make it less friendly to use. However as long as I am below 400 RTT, it is always safe, for me.

Default Costume color tweak
    I believe there is a function to change "Color A" to "Color B", but as you said, we don't know how it works. Only modder or dev could tell more.
    In the meantime, it relies on community to keep popping up costume designs, and we grab it as part of the reward of new content.
    I would rather expect more costume packs instead.

+ Reply to Thread