+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Console truth and delvs the future of trove

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Made a forum account just to comment on this.


    Sorry for pointing it out, but this post is simply horrific. It's filled with misdirection and you're bending the truth to enforce a point that clearly has many faults.
    Trove and said game are vastly different, I assume you haven't even played said game. The Trove playerbase (in-game, from what I've observed) couldn't care less about said game, most of them are eagerly awaiting delves.


    I'm also top-end on PS4, and most of the mid-high playerbase are quite opposed to what you've said.


    Since you evidently have some slight trouble understanding in-depth constructs, I'll level this down as to not muddle you up too much.


    1. MCD, MC, Trove, MS, all serve a different type of customer. Trove appeals to a completely different type of person than, say, MC does. You are automatically assuming that other people are doing what you (from what I can tell) did, which is moving from other block-based games to Trove.


    2. 'After delves Trove is done being profitable' How? Seriously? You say you've surveyed people in top mastery groups. I've spoken (and had in-depth conversations with) many of the top players on Trove who are still playing trove as well as other games, alongside people in somewhat popular clubs regarding delves. Nobody plans on completely leaving trove after Delves, and nobody is even remotely considering the fact that Delves will kill the game - in fact, quite the contrary. Big clubs on consoles and PC are pre-emptively preparing for delves and grinding for the necessary items to do so. The game has encountered a spike (as expected) of players due to Delves.


    3. Sorry to pick apart your 'hardware' knowledge - but it's insanely noticable that you know nothing about the latest generation of consoles. The common consensus among the majority of Console players (Yes, I have asked people. I speak about this regularly whilst waiting for U10 Levi.) is that Trion rushed Trove and the port was poorly made. We can all agree to that. I sincerely doubt that Gamigo would do a bodge job of emulating Trove on a PS5. I'm getting a PS5, and I also have a mid-spec gaming PC with an R7 3700X and a 2080S. Do I play trove on it? Yes I do.


    TL;DR: Your 'argument' is based on your own prejudice and is in no way indicative of the ACTUAL situation we're in. You're dramatically overreacting to this, as well as stating some complete guesses as fact.

    I'm sorry but I think you either don't understand the large issues or your just looking to argue.
    Things are not the same. ps5 is not a random game.
    MCD being released at the same time trove would have been down, you can not argue this would have not been very bad.
    With out the shut down yesterday my friends list from trove had 17 people looking for groups online in MCD and thats the people listed online in MCD, you can double that as people are playing solo mcd as they learn yesterday.

    If trove would have been off line double that im sure. You have 0 argument on this as you can not state one positive if trove was down during a well know games launch. Delvs would have flopped yesterday was my point. How can you argue this?



    You know full well i googled whats a good pc computer and picked the best 1 as a example....

    No one starts playing trove today with a good computer. People playing trove either played before or never stopped.
    There are no new customers. Why would there be? Who is recommending this broken game?


    The ps5 topic.
    There is 0 chance Sony with all the bug reports trove gets will have this game on the ps5.
    I send 5 6 a day alone as with the crashes its mandatory.
    If Sony lets Trove on the ps5 Ill buy you a ps5....

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlammed View Post
    I'm sorry but I think you either don't understand the large issues or your just looking to argue.

    You say that about everyone who counters your hysteria. That we don't understand, or we didn't read what you wrote.


    There is obviously a lack of comprehension on your part with this "issue" of yours, and you what other people are taking the time to explain to you. What is also clear, is that you completely disregard what other people say if they don't agree with you.


    You aren't here to listen and have a discussion. You are here to rant. And, your rant doesn't make sense because it isn't based on reality.


    I'm done with this thread. Good luck bro.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroniumAlpha View Post
    You say that about everyone who counters your hysteria. That we don't understand, or we didn't read what you wrote.


    There is obviously a lack of comprehension on your part with this "issue" of yours, and you what other people are taking the time to explain to you. What is also clear, is that you completely disregard what other people say if they don't agree with you.

    You aren't here to listen and have a discussion. You are here to rant. And, your rant doesn't make sense because it isn't based on reality.

    I'm done with this thread. Good luck bro.
    Your done because its a dead topic now that the 26th has passed. Followed up by the fact that I was trying to place a warning that you seemed to argue for no reason about putting trove in to a a down time during the launch of mcd. 26th seemed like the date delvs was hitting console based on the last few updates taking 21 days to hit console. That brought delvs to the 26th on console.
    Clearly the devs either already knew this or delvs is not ready for console for some unknown reason and they did not release it on the 26th.
    Either way your donw with the topic because your wrong and had zero to add the topic... You still have not mentioned why it would be a good thing to have your game on downtime during a launch of a competing title. Yes this topic is done and over but people like you who just argue everything with 0 facts or a real opinion are pointless as your addition to the topic.
    Ill be with now 30 people online with that other title as i wait for delvs as is there a point in doing anything else but delvs now... so ill just wait.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlammed View Post
    its a dead topic now that the 26th has passed. Followed up by the fact that I was trying to place a warning that you seemed to argue for no reason
    Oh, there was a reason.


    See, the sky hasn't fallen. There is no apocalypse. People haven't left Trove a ghost town.


    Just like we were trying to tell you. Again. And again.












    And again.






    I'm looking forward to hearing more about your future forecasts.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroniumAlpha View Post
    Oh, there was a reason.


    See, the sky hasn't fallen. There is no apocalypse. People haven't left Trove a ghost town.


    Just like we were trying to tell you. Again. And again.












    And again.






    I'm looking forward to hearing more about your future forecasts.
    Tbh trove has been seeming more empty, I'm in 5 of the top 10 clubs an its pretty okay for Monday but after that the week seems pretty dead. You have your active talkers in their respected club but beside that even global isnt moving as it use too.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    103
    It's very dead.
    To the guy who does not get it.
    The post was about the 26th.
    Do you understand that?
    It was about a new game that was being talk about.
    Do you understand?
    Last 3 updates to console made the 26th the most likely day.
    The 26th again. You able to keep up?
    Now here is a hard 1. If Trove was offline during the launch of the other highly talked about titles launch I though delve would flop.
    Now I know you don't get I'm saying delvs launch as you keep talking about trove not the delvs launch.
    Here's my argument to justify my thoughts. Yesterday I had 4 groups of 4 so 16 people, A few groups of 2 or 3 say 10 more people and about 16 solo people in my trove group all playing this other title.
    They are doing so with out a shut down...

    So again delvs if launched after a 5 hour shut down on the 26th would have flopped was the only point I was making.
    Do you get it at all or are you still going argue you point on a different topic?
    Sorry you don't understand ask any questions and I'll try and help you.

    Joe's point above is correct on console the player base is at a all time low.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Hyperiem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    104

    Thumbs up The Game Just Isn't Looking Good Anymore

    TL;DR at the bottom.

    Yeah things are not looking too hot if you ask me. The game's definitely going to see a massive decline if these senseless updates continue moving forward. The dev team has honestly done a horrendous job of filling in players on where they plan to take the game next.

    And this major problem stems from smaller issues such as:

    -Lack of communication.
    -No form of community contact besides the forums (Even then it's quite limited since it's mostly mods or community staff that ever respond).
    -Lack of attention to player demands or needs.
    -Released content without clear direction, purpose, or meaning.

    I could go on, but you get the point. Fact is, the game is severely lacking and it shows. Funny how they don't have a problem tossing in more cash grab deals and packs though. Still milking as much as they can even this late into the game with zero regard or knowledge of their own in-game items (Seriously... who in their right mind would pay $0.99 - $1.49 for an empowered gem box that doesn't even at least guarantee a near flawless gem? It's absurd! A deal? More like complete rip-off) . Not to mention you're actually BUYING a gem! That's the literal definition of pay-to-win right there in the most blatant form possible!

    And did I mention they completely screwed up what wings they were trying to promote on Facebook/Twitter? Talking about one pair of wings but showing off a completely different pair? Soon as they got called out for it, those posts got deleted quick!

    In fact, here are two original screenshots I took straight from Discord:





    Goes to show just how little they know their own game when they can't even promote their items properly...

    But I digress.

    All cash shop items aside, the game has serious issues with its development. And if they don't step up their game, it's going to continue to be a dumpster fire.

    If you want some examples, take a look at Going Green with Gardening 2.0. Who even asked for that update? Who wanted that? I certainly didn't. And many players I've talked with about it didn't. A fair minority actually enjoyed it for what it was as far I could tell. Trove was never even really a game you played for professions. Professions was more like something you did on the side in order to get certain things out of the way with or whatnot. Why even make it the focus of an entire update? That just seems like a gross misallocation of important resources. Especially given the fact that it also only worked on gardening. Why only gardening? If you were going to have an update based on professions, why only focus and expand on one of them? Why not include Runecrafting? Or Ringcrafting? Or Crystallogy? A perfectly good waste of an update if you ask me. Not only did Going Green show just how out of touch the devs are with the game and community, but also how poorly thought out the entire process must have been.

    What about the Geode set of updates, starting off with Geode Caves? Nope, I didn't really enjoy that either. It was annoying, tedious, and impractical. The entirety of Geode Caves only felt like it was added just to add more mastery into the mix. The entire thing just doesn't feel fun. The most excitement I've ever gotten out of it, if it could eve be called that... was hunting down eggs. That's it. That's as close as anyone is ever going to get to a dopamine hit, is when they finally come across that fabled silver/golden companion egg. All you realistically did was gather and grind materials to craft things in the Crystallogy Workbench. The entire process was just flat out boring. It wasn't and still isn't engaging at all. If you just want resources then all you're doing is running around mining stuff. Something you can very easily do on the surface already. Only now you can experience it in cave! How wonderful... If you want companion eggs, then why do anything other than throw stuff at critters and speed right through tiers 1-3 just to get to 4-5. Essentially just rinse and repeating the process of "Go in, throw supplies, run into lairs, leave, repeat." No, yeah, what a fun concept that is (And I can back up how boring Geode Caves are because several players in one of my clubs just bought all the materials with flux and essentially paid to skip over Geode Caves. Actual yikes right there).

    Well what about Into The Deep? Certainly something good must have happened there right? Not really. The entire update just felt like a waste considering how small it actually was. All it did was rework adventurine related things, such as quests and rewards, and added bosses to Geode Topside. I don't know what's supposed to be so amazing about that. Those Leviathans should have already been on Topside from day one, not to be introduced in a standalone update later. It would have made Topside more unique from the other biomes right off the bat, instead it had to come in with a separate update. Ultimately other things were also added or tweaked, but those changes are so small, they practically don't matter nor do they carry any real weight. The fact is that the entirety of Into the Deep only had 2 core changes. Leviathans and Adventurine. The entirety of Into The Deeps feels like filler and nothing more. Leviathans feel like something that was clearly meant to be a challenge, but toss in the fact that most of the difficulty is artificial and well... yeah it's just lazy. Were it not for Light being a damage based stat independent of everything else, Leviathans would be an absolute joke. And to experienced teams, they already are. There's no unique mechanics, no worthwhile rewards other than a permanent torch (which isn't even all that great for the potential amount of time it could take to get), no real feeling of accomplishment. There's just no depth to this update. Into the Deep? More like Into the Shallows.

    The only update I haven't brought up yet is Crystal Combat. Why? Because that update actually did what it wanted to do properly! It introduced new gear, new gems, new enemies, new dungeons, new biomes, and it even introduced Uber-10. And it did all of that well. It was simple and straight forward. And of course we even got minor things along with it. Like new styles, costumes, resources, allies, mounts, tomes, and more such as mechanic changes with gems no longer cracking and whatnot. It actually had AND maintained proper focus of the core aspects it was going to deliver on. It was at least somewhat polished! Not like the professions example which I previously brought up that was, for whatever reason, only tied to gardening. Now don't get me wrong Crystal Combat wasn't flawless, it had its bugs sure, every update has them. That's how things are in game development now a' days. But by the end of the day only 3 hotfixes ever came of it. Delves on the other hand is going on 5 hotfixes so far. And keep in mind, Crystal Combat was a lot larger in scale, and had way more to offer on release by comparison.

    Ok so Geode was a bust, Crystal Combat was good, Going Green was a bust, Into The Deep was a bust. What about Delves? Surely we can't have 4 updates gone awry nearly back to back right? The answer, as it turns out, is a resounding YEP! Delves feels like a complete waste of time right now. I've hardly touched the game at this point because most of the content is basically like Geode Caves, only thankfully not as monotonous due to deltaliths. It certainly starts off with a strong concept. But then you gradually start seeing just how poorly executed the update was when you take into account how clearly rushed the entire thing was. Don't believe me? Just look at all the complaints on the forums. Many of which bring up the same exact problems.

    Problems such as:

    -Lack of meaningful rewards (What's the deal with momentos? Why add something that only even gives mastery as soon as you've put a cap on it? And why are they such a pain to farm?).
    -Pointless progression (What's the point of Crystal Level 4? What integral role could adding more, higher level gear even remotely play? Just to reach higher depths and take on Leviathans faster? Why? What's the point? For better gear? Better gear for what? A non-existent super enemy? Crystal Level 3 was fine enough).
    -Variety or lack thereof (All the Delves are practically a copy paste of one another. There's nothing that sets any of the depths apart except for the color scheme, and very minor environmental changes. Otherwise the layouts are all practically the exact same! At least Shadow Tower had different, unique designs).
    -Repetitive Objectives (I would argue that at least 90% of all my objectives have been to either kill a certain amount of creatures, or complete monoliths. The only other objective I've gotten was to collect crystals, and I've only gotten it TWICE out of what was possibly +100 runs at that time).
    -Horrendous co-op system (Public Delves is just a mess right now. Most people right now just do Private/Challenge Delves. Why? Because it's far more efficient to either run solo or with a group of players you know you can trust).
    -Copious amounts of bugs and glitches (these are problems that SHOULD have been resolved in PTS or addressed all at once, rather than having more than 4 hotfixes in a row).

    So yeah, Delves so far isn't looking too hot either.

    TL;DR - Honestly, I don't think anything console related has anything to do with the game flopping anymore. More like the game is just in such a poor state, that whether or not a console release were to even happen at the best optimal time, it would likely still flop. Why? Because there's no quality where the quality should be. Think of it like this, if you're not going to have fun on the PC version, what difference would playing on console make? Or vice versa? At the end of the day, both builds are either the same or going to be, right? Might as well just hop onto another game all-together at that point. And I sincerely believe that even if Gamigo were to release Delves at the most opportune date on console, it would still be a train wreck for the most part. Sure players would come in, but how many are going to stay given how terrible the release for Delves even was on PC? How long is it going to keep their attention? Frankly speaking, it lost mine after the first week. Most people would likely only beg to differ because they're so starved for new and fresh content, that they'll become complaisant with just about anything that gets released.

    To be perfectly honest... I don't know, nor do I think that this is ever going to change. Since its conception, the game had shown a lot of promise. But here we are years later complaining about things that shouldn't even need to be complained about. And I can only presume it's going to stay like that until the people still investing money in this game finally quit it, and the milk starts to run dry.
    IGN: Hyperiem |Main Club: Empyrium | Main Classes: Revenant / Vanguardian - Power Rank: +33K / +33K | Total Mastery: +600 | Total Hours: +2400

    R.A.F. - Eager to jump into Trove? New users can hit this link to get a head start! https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    4
    well.i hope trove develop team will become better. trove is not good any more

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by player1986 View Post
    well.i hope trove develop team will become better. trove is not good any more
    I loved trove. Hate geode. These are 2 different games and we can all stop pretending were playing trove.
    Only reason I play is the people. The game play is trash. 3 years in and Im still re-rolling gems on a few classes.
    PS4 is so laggy now 1/2 the people log in to say hi then leave. 1/4 log in to talk for a few minutes then leave as they have 0 to do but wait for delvs as we have had 6 months to gather items we will need for the update. 1/4 are still playing the game as intended.
    The 1 or 2 people who think the game is not dead if the current model stays the same please let me know how a game with 1/10 people left is a working business model.
    The delay and no eta for delvs is stupid. Its a month past the date most long term players thought it would hit console.
    Game has gone in a bad direction since topside. Delvs was to be some saving grace and pc seems to be liking it but releasing a update with this much negativity is really pointless and in the end hurt the console numbers. People will come back to check out delvs but people are not going stay and grind of mementos on console.. why bother getting mastery?

    IDK Im sad trove was replaced with geode and that the developing team cant get their act together and get console a update in a timely manner. Its already to late.

    December 2018 I had a conversation with a trion team member who told be about topside, gardening, endless geode, br seasons, griffins for all biomes with stats, new dragons, new gems, rings and a few other things i dont recall. These were all things trion had started work on.
    Now we all know some of these are in the game and some are not. The question then is why has it taken this team 2 years to do what the old team had set to hit the pts and more in dec 2018...
    Yes everything has been fine tuned and things added but 2 years they dragged out content already made and cant even get the update on console in a timely manner.

    The community is the only reason this game is doing OK still.

  10. #20
    Moderator Willow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    95
    Hello, I'm just now coming to this thread and have read over most of your concerns and feedback. Some of it was positive but others were a little harsh so i please ask that you would be mindful of that. In regards to the delves release on consoles, There is no ETA as of right now of when delves will come to consoles. The reasoning for this could be several things but normally its the long process of the parent company like Microsoft or Sony to approve these changes. Some of the other feedback i have written down and will address with the Team. I know how long a wait for an update can be for a player because i am a player myself. Im a long time Xbox player and i've been in your shoes before, The recent Trove events that have taken place have hinted to the release of delves on consoles. There is still hope so i ask that you would please be patient. Thank you!
    GT: WillowFiower | IGN: WillowFlower | Discord: Willow#7095 | https://support.gamigo.com/hc/en-us

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts