+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Console truth and delvs the future of trove

Console truth and delvs the future of trove

On the 26th without mentioning the name of this new dungeon crawler that's the talk of console people young and middle aged..... Is the first real mmo rpg that has hit console in a long time thats has a lot going for it. I wont say what as then Im just promoting something not trove and that is not my point here.

We have this pointless event that really can be cancelled and everyone given the stuff from it and not one person would care going on atm..

Ps5 is set to some out this year so trove has 6 months left on ps4 and maybe people will be willing to put money into the game for another 3 months but once you have your ps5 on pre order you not putting money into a older game.

OK my point. Trove is coming to a end on console period. Once ps5 comes out is xbox even worth employing people to code it for 1 console? This game on the 26th is the talk of the town and it shares the same customers as trove.

Delvs at best with the current event can hit console on the 26th. This is the same day this other game comes out. If Trove is in 3 4 5 hours of downtime and this other game is all over the store etc being promoted as trove is offline. People will check it out.

If this is the case and delvs hits on the 26th, delvs flops. GG waste of time and money coding it for console. If delvs hits after the 26th same thing as most of your players are off looking at this new rpg/mmo that cost about the same as 1 pack in the trove store and looks to have months of content at launch.

Delvs to have a chance and keep a solid player base on console during the launch needs to hit consoles on the 19th. Its the 19th or I dont see anyway you can pull this off and if you go to downtime on the 26th. RIP.

Food for thought...

ps5 is backwards compatible, I don't see why its release would harm trove's ps4 playerbase. I don't expect many new console players coming to trove anyways. I personally thought maplestory 2 would sink trove's playerbase, maybe it did to some extent but funny how that game died before trove.

The point is there is a significant portion of players (at least on PC) that will continue to play, because they have invested time into the game and continue to want to push towards specific goals, I imagine console is no different. The best path forward for Console could be some form of account migration but until there is a console gen barrier (ie no backwards compatibility) I couldn't see that being a focus of the devs.

Maple story was a bad game and not many console people were talking M2.
    I think you missed my main point.

26th is the release date of this title.
    If trove is offline during the release of this other title is the problem.

Trove is going to lose alot of its top player because of delvs, wont go into why but its pretty clear the devs are pushing for the med tear guys as maybe they spend more as the top players have already bought everything and their spending is lower. Thats a secondary issue that makes this particular 1 even more of a issue.

Yes trove keeps living on, but Trove lives on because of its whales. Delv told Troves whales your not king anymore we dont need you.

26th is not a normal day for console, the biggest title of 2020 that is a direct competitor to trove hits. Trove customers are going to check it out. Yes they will be back to trove if they they are die hards but not during the key needed time to make delvs a hit.

They need to get their butts in action and get delvs on console on the 19th.

No one with a ps5 is playing trove. Not 1 person...

how do you know this exactly ?? did you poll and question everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Anywho View Post

Yes I asked everyone if they got a new super computer, aka ps5, would they play a old laggy game and they all said No.
    If I dropped a Alienware r9 off to 1000 PC trove players, 0 will be playing trove tomorrow.

The player base on console is a fraction of what it was a few years ago. P2P only matter sorry F2P dont count, your only around to help P2P players out in groups. Money matters not bodies.

1/10 I bet are still playing. So easy to tell by leaderboard and club activities. Trove gets a large amount of new players as it s free to play game but in the last year I would say maybe a handful of top players have been replaced with new people.

bla bla bla... All mean 0.

I like trove. I want trove to be a top game.

Delvs, NOT Trove, will fail on console without a second thought if Trove goes into downtime the same day a better overall game gets released that shares the same customers or really after it..

I have 5 large psn chat groups from 10 to 50 players related to different trove activities. 4 of them have been only talking about MCD for the last 2 weeks and not about delvs. 60-70 of of the top PR/Mastery people are in these groups.

I dont need to poll people to see a avoidable business discussion.

Time is ticking to have a successful launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anywho View Post
    It's kind of a known fact that alot of top players who actually done the levi grind, did all the normal an hard st grind. Dumb slow hated grind players did it for mastery an now it's pretty much useless. It's a huge let down knowing that what I did an others do for mastery has just been pushed to the side, years of grinding for speedruns or leaderboards, me personally grinded for sr which is still something on console all for nothing come delves.

Each new game that comes out on console does in fact have an effect on playerbase. Getting a whole new CONSOLE will kill the playerbase 10 folds backwards compatible or not, it's pretty much a meme saying trove on ps5/xbox

So, ok..

The Unmentioned Game that you are so afraid of isn't remotely close to the gameplay of Trove. People that like Trove will keep playing Trove. There are many other games that have been released in the last 4 years, hot titles, and the people that are loyal to this one stay.

Also, and this may be a stunner, PEOPLE CAN PLAY MORE THAN ONE GAME AT A TIME. *gasp* Yes, I know. I probably rocked your world. Even if someone picks up a new title, they can play it, and Trove, and whatever else. This has been going on for years. Nothing new to see here, folks.

While the PS5 is backwards compatible with some PS4 games, not everyone is on consoles. So, whatever perceived Armageddon is going to happen because the PS5 is going to be released is purely guesswork.

tl;dr the sky is not falling. please stop with the hysterics. We've seen this all before.

Quote Originally Posted by HydroniumAlpha View Post
    So, ok..

The Unmentioned Game that you are so afraid of isn't remotely close to the gameplay of Trove. People that like Trove will keep playing Trove. There are many other games that have been released in the last 4 years, hot titles, and the people that are loyal to this one stay.

Also, and this may be a stunner, PEOPLE CAN PLAY MORE THAN ONE GAME AT A TIME. *gasp* Yes, I know. I probably rocked your world. Even if someone picks up a new title, they can play it, and Trove, and whatever else. This has been going on for years. Nothing new to see here, folks.

While the PS5 is backwards compatible with some PS4 games, not everyone is on consoles. So, whatever perceived Armageddon is going to happen because the PS5 is going to be released is purely guesswork.

tl;dr the sky is not falling. please stop with the hysterics. We've seen this all before.
    Did you even read what were talking about?
    We are talking about the delvs release being a flop if it comes out on the 26th on consoles or really after.
    I KNOW the ps4 player base. I understand that customer.
    How is anyone arguing if you go to downtime during your biggest competition's biggest release of the year it's not going effect your launch?
    Specific to the ps4. After delvs Trove is done being profitable as the game play really is everyone is equal and that's not profitable and a silly way to handle this type of title.
    MCD is the same customers.
    Terriria, MC, Trove, MS etc etc. All the same customer.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlammed View Post
    Did you even read what were talking about?
    Of course I did. I went through your painful, hysterical post and addressed what you were saying quite methodically.

I suggest you re-read what I wrote, in relation to your first post in this thread and maybe you'll understand what I took the time to communicate to you.

Made a forum account just to comment on this.

Sorry for pointing it out, but this post is simply horrific. It's filled with misdirection and you're bending the truth to enforce a point that clearly has many faults.
    Trove and said game are vastly different, I assume you haven't even played said game. The Trove playerbase (in-game, from what I've observed) couldn't care less about said game, most of them are eagerly awaiting delves.

I'm also top-end on PS4, and most of the mid-high playerbase are quite opposed to what you've said.

Since you evidently have some slight trouble understanding in-depth constructs, I'll level this down as to not muddle you up too much.

1. MCD, MC, Trove, MS, all serve a different type of customer. Trove appeals to a completely different type of person than, say, MC does. You are automatically assuming that other people are doing what you (from what I can tell) did, which is moving from other block-based games to Trove.

2. 'After delves Trove is done being profitable' How? Seriously? You say you've surveyed people in top mastery groups. I've spoken (and had in-depth conversations with) many of the top players on Trove who are still playing trove as well as other games, alongside people in somewhat popular clubs regarding delves. Nobody plans on completely leaving trove after Delves, and nobody is even remotely considering the fact that Delves will kill the game - in fact, quite the contrary. Big clubs on consoles and PC are pre-emptively preparing for delves and grinding for the necessary items to do so. The game has encountered a spike (as expected) of players due to Delves.

3. Sorry to pick apart your 'hardware' knowledge - but it's insanely noticable that you know nothing about the latest generation of consoles. The common consensus among the majority of Console players (Yes, I have asked people. I speak about this regularly whilst waiting for U10 Levi.) is that Trion rushed Trove and the port was poorly made. We can all agree to that. I sincerely doubt that Gamigo would do a bodge job of emulating Trove on a PS5. I'm getting a PS5, and I also have a mid-spec gaming PC with an R7 3700X and a 2080S. Do I play trove on it? Yes I do.

TL;DR: Your 'argument' is based on your own prejudice and is in no way indicative of the ACTUAL situation we're in. You're dramatically overreacting to this, as well as stating some complete guesses as fact.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast