+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When did you guys start 2nd char?

When did you guys start 2nd char?

Curious when you guys started your second character? Did you wait until you were totally maxed with best gear or did you get bored of the starter classes before that?

I have all crystal gear except banner/ring(stellar)...about 11.5k pr on candy barb. Feeling the itch to try something new soon

2nd character suggestion

I started off with CB as well. I hit 10k w/ him back before u10 release in spring 2017. I switched over to Draco when that class was overhauled as it had so much more survivability and on demand burst damage.

I eventually maxed Draco as it allowed me to solo UM ST content. Currently Draco/IS/CB are the top three characters, w/ CB being a vacuum tank (the easiest role to fill). GS is still useful for boss fights but less useful in groups due to being extremely CD dependent.

I would encourage you to try a magic and a PD class. Work towards getting to u10 which will require you to upgrade gear/gems on light. From there you can farm c3 gear while reaching for enough light to get to leviathans, those weekly torches will allow you to reach higher delves and eventually you will get a u10 perm torch from the u10 levi boss. That can be upgraded to give extra flasks. which when combined with knight subclass gives classes like draco huge boosts in delves.

From there the delve grind is all that is left.

TLDR: try a magic class like Draco or Icesage and slowly start leveling up knight for subclass perk.

I continue my Trove adventure during Luminopolis update, March 2018. I originally used Candy to continue my adventure, but realized that his power has been dropped out a lot and mainly for vacuuming mobs. So I stopped it at 20k+ PR and train Gunslinger instead.

Gunslinger bcs he is my original starter class and I like him, but slowly playing melee boomeranger when first ST update hit. Now GS is a beast as long as flask spamming exists. It took me around 3 months to get good Empowered Gems plus correct gem boost allocation before my crazy GS gem farming story ends and start training Neon Ninja instead.

I see many Trovians focus on 2 class first, one for ST(now is for Delves) run, 1 for lesser gem farming. Why people mentioning Magic class in Delves? Despite the existence of Magic Shield Delaith(mob modifier), they generally have larger splash damage and DPS output. Which is kind of sad as I also tweak the boost on my Revenant's gem...

I would mangle with all the classes and have them to be able at least get to U7 for hourly challenge. This will allow you to finish 'clear dungeons' hourly challenge much quicker. Plus, you can access the weekly class contests so that you can get plenty empowered gem boxes for little effort. And final, it gives you a proper impression about classes, their pro and con, and may be you will find something even more enjoyable than the current one.

In short, have a main class that can farm u9 or u10 topside, then trials all the rest. Then unlock them one by one, depends on your impression.

I was using alot of classes when I started, I only ever needed 2 of them same gem on a class so I level alot of my classes together around 24-26 bcuz that's when leveling got hard. But little did I know I was just putting bad gems on lol

But once you have a class that can farm u9 easily, (lots of people try to get to topside as fast as they can? Which is stupid imo bcuz 6 out of the 8 gems you need come from normal u9 gridning) but I would say at that point you can start to build other classes up, but would say to have a md an phy class to start with bcuz its sucks getting a different damage type for a class you were not farming with.

You can level your classes as you please but I would say to level up all your classes yourself so you know forsure which class you enjoy most playing. From what I heard knight was a very boring class to play an everyone hated so I started hating the grind of knight before even playing it! But once I did play knight it was oddly the funniest class I got to level 30 an now I have the knight set up to just do u9 farming when tosidee gets boring.

The 2 classes I would suggest leveling for your do all is draco/rev as they both can tank an dps, but would always say play a class you enjoy bcuz if you arent playing one you enjoy then your arent enjoying the grind which defeats the purpose to play c: got alil off topic hah

+ Reply to Thread