+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ST lag feedback

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar

Angry ST lag feedback

It's no question that Trove lags a lot. It's been laggy ever since I started playing 3 years ago. However, the lag seems to have spiked over the past few months. I'm having to wait a full two minutes just to join a world, and even then, the game sometimes crashes during that time. It's extremely infuriating, especially when you know that before Gamigo bought Trove, it didn't take even half that long to join a world.

I honestly don't even think any developers are even working on Trove at this point. The Atlas still lags after 3 years, and we're still getting random crashes. And that's not to mention the horrendous rubber banding and lag spikes that happen whenever I'm farming dungeons or doing shadow towers!!
    In the mornings, the lag gets worse than ARK: Survival Evolved and the slowdown that happens in SMW hacks, and in the afternoon... the lag gets worse than lag itself. Although it could be worse (SMM2 VS matches), it's still pretty bad and it sucks because the developers are doing nothing to fix it.

This morning, I woke up early to get STs done before my online school started. However, I was only able to get a hard ST done though because of the lag! I'm not lying - at one point it took 20 minutes just to get to the next floor!! I was constantly crashing, and at one point it even logged me out of Trove. It's the same way with Adventure worlds - sometimes it takes 10 minutes for a world to load and even then, I'm constantly being thrown around because of lag. I'm being hit by enemies that I can't even see, and sometimes I'm just running around between dungeons and just die instantly and randomly.

I really love this game - I've been playing since August 2017, even though I did quit at one point. I even made sh!tty fan fiction for it back when I started playing when I was in 7th grade. (the fanfiction is still up if anyone wants to read it). But the most recent events have really killed off Trove for me. The only reason I'm still playing is because I'm pretty involved in the club 'Tha Boys', and I can honestly consider some of my online friends in Trove to be my actual friends.

At this point, I'll be glad when the devs remove STs if it means the lag will be gone - even though it will be delayed for another 6 months like all Trove console updates are. Hell, I'll be glad if the devs take down the servers for a month if it means the lag will be gone. But devs, if you are reading this, please fix your damn game. You are killing Trove!!!

NOTE: I made the fan fiction above when I was a noob in the game, so there are a LOT of inaccuracies to the real game. Like I said it's sh!tty XD
    PSN: Benji_Yokai
    Discord: NeatherBen221

Hiya Benji, good to see you back btw.

I've changed your thread title to keep it constructive to its point so we don't have to delete it. I really hope the Delves udpate helsp on the lag situation as you say so we shall have to wait and see for that.

Appreciate your dedication on the game, if there are any very specific details on your lag situations you can offer it may hopefully assist the team soemhow. We know shadow towers and mondays always seem to cause this.

Take care

can someone help me please? i cannot log in anymore on my account ... what i can do ?
    its stuck on -login screen.

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibayuki View Post
    Hiya Benji, good to see you back btw.

I've changed your thread title to keep it constructive to its point so we don't have to delete it. I really hope the Delves udpate helsp on the lag situation as you say so we shall have to wait and see for that.

Appreciate your dedication on the game, if there are any very specific details on your lag situations you can offer it may hopefully assist the team soemhow. We know shadow towers and mondays always seem to cause this.

Take care
    I’m fine with the name change - the original name was honestly pretty excessive now that I think about it. Also thanks for not power banning me like I’ve seen other community managers do

Quote Originally Posted by throjan View Post
    I’ve had the same issue too. The only thing that works for me is closing the game and joining a friend’s session. Hope that helps.
    PSN: Benji_Yokai
    Discord: NeatherBen221

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBenjiYokai View Post
    I’m fine with the name change - the original name was honestly pretty excessive now that I think about it. Also thanks for not power banning me like I’ve seen other community managers do

I’ve had the same issue too. The only thing that works for me is closing the game and joining a friend’s session. Hope that helps.
    i`ts not workin . maybe you can invite me please? i try but its not working....

+ Reply to Thread