+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The elephant in the room

Exclamation The elephant in the room

I started playing again 3 weeks ago after a 2 years break. Why did I quit in the first place? The lag is unbearable at times. I can't believe nobody has had the slightest interest in solving the lag issues that we're experiencing on a daily basis.

I see club mates come online only to go back offline after they experience the game breaking lag. It's simply not fun to play the game when we have to take synchronized zumba classes at daily resets. The rubberbanding makes farming U10, and obviously lower Ubers, a horror show. Some classes (the Boomeranger and Dino Tamer especially) are unplayable when the lag hits. Now some people will say "You just have to wait for the world to empty" which is completely against the whole MMORPG aspect of the game. If I wanted to play a singleplayer game I'd just open up Cube World and carry on with my day.

We don't want anymore pointless updates which increase the playerbase for a short period of time. We want a long term update that solves the existing problems in the game. The developers are trying to sweep everything under the rug like it never happened.

In conclusion, please do something about the lag. Don't even touch the classes anymore, most of them are fine as they are. The lag is bottlenecking most of them. In short, THE GAME IS NOT FUN.

Hi Zembox,

Firstly thank you for your post and feedback into the lag issue you are experiencing.

The team would be grateful if you could provide us with a few more details.

We are keeping an eye on the situation so please rest assure they are working on it and with the Delves update on the PTS, are looking to address concerns where possible.

May I ask the following just so we have a bit more information in this regard going forward:

What platform/region are you playing on?
    What time/s it occurs?
    What were you doing at the time of these lag situations? (connecting to hubs, clubs, worlds, bomber royale, geode caves etc)

I'd be grateful for any other info you have to assist in helping to resolve these issues and thank you for your time.

Is that copy paste?
    Im sorry mod, but you dont need extra info for the lag. Everyone in any country experiences it, it happens randomly and/or in crowded areas, and you could be doing anything, even just afking in your corner stone, only to come back to find out the game froze.

The parts regarding what the team have asked for are slightly copy and paste, yes (edited a little bit), as that's what we have been advised to ask the players who experience these issues. If you want to give any of the information I'm sure the tech teams involved will utilise it how they can. I'm not a tech engineer so I wouldnt know

Heya.

I also experience this lag on a consistent basis. I personally notice the lag is the most prevalent on Mondays and Wednesdays (Shadow Tower and Gem days respectively); during these days, the lag makes the game almost unplayable regardless of which zone you're in. However, the lag is still unbearable every other day of the week at any time in the U8-U10 geode zones.

I'd like to be more active in my club and keep playing but the lag causes so much frustration that I'd rather just close the game and play something that isn't going to make me want to throw my monitor out of the window (the current quarantine in the UK is giving me a pretty short fuse '^_^.)

Please bear in mind that these are just my own experiences and may differ with other people (may be even worse for them!)

They've had _years_ to fix it and haven't made a dent. I'd recommend playing another game. I mean you have windows so your options are limitless!

Quote Originally Posted by Zembox View Post
    Some classes (the Boomeranger and Dino Tamer especially) are unplayable when the lag hits. Now some people will say "You just have to wait for the world to empty" which is completely against the whole MMORPG aspect of the game. If I wanted to play a singleplayer game I'd just open up Cube World and carry on with my day.
    I am from Malaysia, even with around 10+ Trovians on Topside, I still can use melee Boomeranger with 3m coef 3k Light, and 6m coef build DT decently with Counjurer Vial on U10 Topside. Of course I can die as Dino Tamer due to lack of HP stats, but I always have the option to run Death-Defying Vial with Origin Portal Potion (which is not expensive at all) if I have to. The average RTT of said situation is 350 to 420. If you are connected on Western Region, by logic you should have better connection than mine.

I assume you are picking my line "Wait for the world to empty", however as I clarified on other posts, I don't play in Western, and even with VPN the lag spikes beyond 450 RTT (which is worse). I do agree it is against the nature, but that's the only way to deal with lag.

Doing Levi raid is still fine most of the time, despite a 30+ Trovians world could cause the spawn load slower when using Origin Portal Potion to refill flask for Arcane Minion spam. I would really want to suggest make a signboard that is much more sense, such as "8+ Trovians with 5500 Light or above is recommended" instead of "15000 Light is recommended", and makes the vault, Cursed Skull only interactable by Trovians who have enough Light to deal at least 1 damage. Because by having 10+ Trovians not doing damage to U10 Levi, they don't get a lot of benefits from Torches, don't have enough coef to push Delves/Levi/farm U10 frequently, don't have the ability to survive (with at least DDV), occupy world slot for more useful DPS (one reason why random Levi shout is terrible), and most importantly, creating unnecessary lag (from those "useful" attacks). It's not like I want to disrespect new players, but the design of Leviathan and server capability are just highly suggest those "Light rules".

But even new players' worlds are lagging due to a lot of new players are playing. For weeks everytime I entered worlds before Neon City, confirmed 400RTT+ initially until some Trovians left. This make completing Trovian Outposts less favorably, and I still need 3 costumes from boxes.

I can't complain a lot about lag until a Westerner actually gives more info about the lag. A majority of my friends are from Asia... ... most Asians I met can't go lesser than 300, and averagely suffer 400-500 RTT.

Quote Originally Posted by micken View Post
    They've had _years_ to fix it and haven't made a dent. I'd recommend playing another game. I mean you have windows so your options are limitless!

Yes, it definitely isn't new. In fact, since I've been around for years as well (and just came back with a new account for giggles), I am seeing the lag again and just rolling my eyes that it is still a thing.

-Giving system specs won't help
    -Telling them what you were doing won't help
    -Asking players to reset their modems (or whatever) won't help

This has literally been an issue out of beta. I'm not a tech person, so I won't say it's a coding issue, or hardware. However, I can 100% say it is on TROVE's side and has nothing to do with the player.

For me, 2 days ago, I was working on my cornerstone in the Neon biome (not many other players beside myself on the map), and the lag was horrendous. Disconnect after disconnect after disconnect, blocks that I was destroying would respawn, rubberbanding.. the usual. It was very disappointing for me as a returning player. I was hoping after the couple of years I had been away that all the Cash Shop proceeds would have gone to improving the situation.

Now, granted, that was on a Saturday so maybe the population was a little higher. Server load could be part of the issue. *generally* I log in on the mornings through the week and I don't see much lag at all.

The "team" simply needs to get on and play a bit for testing and gathering the information they apparently need regarding this LONG-standing issue with lag. It certainly is not a rare occurrence.

Just wanted to add, that this morning's lag has been horrrendous. I was in an Uber-3 Neon world, and it was so bad the world was loading directly in front of my character, for the entirety of me being on that map.

That said.. I exited, went back to the main hub, and re-entered a fresh Uber-3 Neon world and it had improved. It was still laggy, but not utterly unplayable.

I read in another thread there is an update on the PTS that is supposed to improve the situation. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast