+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Opinion On the Game - Is it worth it?

My Opinion On the Game - Is it worth it?

So, Ive been playing for a week now and I wanna share my opinion of the game. I hope people wondering if this game is worth it will get a conclusion out of this. (Kinda sharing some experiences too)

Gameplay-wise:

-Love grinding? Love the idea of working your way to the top? This game is for you! Since this IS a standard MMO, the grinding is well expected. Even if they're boring, I love doing dungeons. It's pretty fun to explore (even if you're just zipping past mobs, just trying to get the the boss room lmao).

-The game is ridiculously easy, well, for me anyway. I started off with a knight, hacked through monsters and now im at 4.4k pr. Plus, it's ult heals me and gives me 50% thorns. Beautiful. I did have a hard time with the others though. I have dracolyte and gunslinger abd I'm not used to actually aim at the enemies. Thats just me though lol. OR maybe it's because I rush them, bringing them into the latest dungeon, only to find out they couldn't handle it because of the gear. I took my time with the knight, not with these two lmao.

Content-wise:

-Theres SO MUCH to do here! SO MUCH to collect! Dragons? Quests? Challenges? (ez to leech on dungeons quest yes) Pets? Mounts? A player-driven economy? AWESOME!

-I like the quests. It gives you extra guidance outside of chat and the tutorial, it even gives you good items to help you progress through the game. It also tells you where to go. Unfortunately for people who dont know about adventures (quests) will end up asking in chat anyway. (Press i on PC). It's kinda better too that the more you explore, the more you could find more of these beauties.

-Bomber royale is quite fun. Disregarding the fact that its to hop on the Royale bandwagon, its really fun. You have to think about the angle of your bombs since they bounce once before exploding, while trying to dodge the bombs of others. There's alot of afk people here too, which means a better chance to get into top 15 survivors for 1 bomb coin, or top 4 for 2. Heck, once I got into a match where everyone was afk, well almost everyone, a few were up and about but I quickly disposed of them. Easiest win of my life. It's also nice way to earn exp too.

Multiplayer-wise

-I mostly just see people asking for help in the chat (me included). Occasionally, a proper conversation would start, but only for like 10 msgs max. if you want a proper conversation, look for a friend and pm them. When someone randomly pmed me, I replied. We talked for about 30 minutes. Kinda disappointing how people are more focused on the game, but I guess it's because of content.

-Though, people like joining challenges, rampage challenges, shadow tower, etc. It's another way to meet people through these group challenges. Be prepared whenever the Rampage challenge is announced;

Server-wise

-horse manure. pc kept commit not move. thot it was alr breaking after 2month. worst than (another game)'s servers. it often disconnects there but the game dont freezelock your computer. horrible. honestly thought there wouldnt be a server evn worse than (another game).

tl;dr: If you can deal with the horrible server, enough to doubt ur own pc, its worth it.

edit: also, when will bomber s2 end? i want my golden warhead egg before it ends

Hello Eaglet! Thank you for your feedback, it is very much appreciated. As of right now there is no date or prediction for when Bomber Royale Season 2 will end. Make sure to keep a close eye on the News & Announcements and the Patch Notes tab on the Fourms because if Season 2 would end it would be announced there first. Hope this helps!
    GT: WillowFiower | IGN: WillowFlower | Discord: Willow#7095 | https://support.gamigo.com/hc/en-us

This is my 3rd account. Not because my others were nuked for whatever reason, but because I actually enjoy starting over again from scratch. I play for a year or so, take a break, come back with a fresh start and have fun for a while. Yes, it is grindy (!!!), but building it up from nothing has a certain charm that appeals to me, rather than continuing with my old characters that are well geared and have all the recipes.

Anyway.

I love the game, in all honesty. For me, it's mining with bombs. I'm one of those explorer types, so hunting out hidden caves with rich ore deposits makes me squee on the inside. Also, I have a lot of fun with cornerstones. I constantly build, then nuke and start over with a fresh build.

There is a fair amount of wiggle room for finding something to do. Something will click, and then have fun.

Yes, the lag is rage inducing sometimes, but if you can log in at quieter times of the day then it isn't so pronounced. Peak times make the servers cry.

Also, whenever I hop back on board I go Patron. I like to support the games I play. Honestly, for the price point, it is worth it. I find the perks help with gathering, leveling, and those other things that tend to be a bit grindy.

Quote Originally Posted by HydroniumAlpha View Post
    This is my 3rd account. Not because my others were nuked for whatever reason, but because I actually enjoy starting over again from scratch. I play for a year or so, take a break, come back with a fresh start and have fun for a while. Yes, it is grindy (!!!), but building it up from nothing has a certain charm that appeals to me, rather than continuing with my old characters that are well geared and have all the recipes.

Anyway.

I love the game, in all honesty. For me, it's mining with bombs. I'm one of those explorer types, so hunting out hidden caves with rich ore deposits makes me squee on the inside. Also, I have a lot of fun with cornerstones. I constantly build, then nuke and start over with a fresh build.

There is a fair amount of wiggle room for finding something to do. Something will click, and then have fun.

Yes, the lag is rage inducing sometimes, but if you can log in at quieter times of the day then it isn't so pronounced. Peak times make the servers cry.

Also, whenever I hop back on board I go Patron. I like to support the games I play. Honestly, for the price point, it is worth it. I find the perks help with gathering, leveling, and those other things that tend to be a bit grindy.
    I think what you would enjoy is Seasons/Leagues. Thinking about it, Trove could do very well with it.

Each season has a them and gimmicks associated to it, everyone starts over from scratch. Concerning which class you can play..well, that needs to be discussed. Maybe based on what your account has unlocked thus far is what you can play in the season. Have leaderboards etc etc.

Theres a suggestion for you devs.

Quote Originally Posted by cesmode View Post
    I think what you would enjoy is Seasons/Leagues. Thinking about it, Trove could do very well with it.

Each season has a them and gimmicks associated to it, everyone starts over from scratch. Concerning which class you can play..well, that needs to be discussed. Maybe based on what your account has unlocked thus far is what you can play in the season. Have leaderboards etc etc.

Theres a suggestion for you devs.
    Nonono. That’s exactly what I like about trove, no leagues and seasons. I love having all my items and powerfulness all the time. And I don’t think seasons would be in the game, couse it will take for devs to much work and time, to rework all classes and what would u do in the endgame of the season, just to much work in my opinion

The issue with having leagues or seasons in Trove is that Trove requires a huge amount of grinding. Imagine having to grind your classes up every season. It would be a huge pain. Now of course this could be mitigated, but I'm pretty sure the bare minimum of resets is gear and gems and the like (especially since getting empowered gems is time gated!). This is terrible for a game like trove where you can farm for 3 hours with 6k+ Magic Find and still not get a crystal 3 weapon (I keep getting faces for some reason... I don't know if its a bug or what). And this is speed farming at like 150+ ms on Dino Tamer Vanguard or Neon Ninja. Its an incredibly long grind that I personally would not like to do every time a season or league resets. Just my personal opinion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Still enjoy the game very much tho, and can't wait for delves to come out tomorrow!

Well, I just got into Trove, been playing for almost a week and got a char up to lvl18 plus another to level 10...

Tbh there are many cool ideas and mechanics(TR mechanincs are nice) but... this game needs something more than just chasing after better stats...

- It needs a skill tree so we can make and test builds and chase after something more. Make it a separate xp bar just for unlocking new skills.
    Some skills could also be unlocked when we reach PR X or open a new world.

- It needs more variety in dungeons and worlds! Every world is basically the same but with a different block color and enemy stats. The main problem with dungeons is that they are just "mazes" with a "loot bag" at the end.

Things that can make dungeons more rewarding:

- Dangerous traps: Making the players be careful and on their toes so that the level design has impact. Make traps deal %HP damage.

- Secret passages: Place some secret walls, buttons, levers, portals etc. with bosses and or loot in the dungeons to spice things a bit!

- Better drops: Since traps are dangerous the dungeon chests need to drop good items a bit more frequently.

- Better level design: Well some dungeons are clever in a sense that you have to search your way around them, but the good level design ends there.
    Make them larger and different! Some could be mazes with some small puzzles, other dungeons could restrict your jump skill and have a lot of lava and platforms.
    There could be dungeons a bit based on using bombs to find you way around them... something like an underground dungeon etc, etc...

- It needs a way to "end" or "mission complete". For example... Grim Dawn. You take months to level up your char and fine tune it's build to beat Ultimate and reach max level. After that you completed your mission and got a sense of achievement. Now you can start another class and do the same or just get into PvP if that's your thing.
    I know Trove is not GD and the same rules don't apply but something along these lines would help players get some real sense of achievement. There has to be a "final point"

It would be nice if Trove had such a beefy and scary challenge at the end so you can learn to develop a good character and beat it, after that you receive a "title" for that class.

So... imo the game has potential but it's not really worth it if you can see past the thin veil of illusion of progress, unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread