+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unbreakable blocks

Unbreakable blocks

What is with the new usage of unbreakable blocks? I noticed it in a dungeon recently and now the new chocolate egg dungeons are lined with it so you can not bomb your way into the dungeon. So instead we are forced to run through the little path and deal with the small holes we have to jump through to get to the boss room.

Personally, I find this incredibly annoying. Trove doesn't have the best movement scheme sometimes anyways, but adding little restricted jump holes, especially with lag and rubber banding is torture for no real gain.

Part of the appeal of Trove was the destructible environment, bombs, and being able to smash your way into dungeons to get to the good part.

What is the rationale for doing this?

This is probably just an oversight from the devs. Most of the lag/latency comes from worlds filled to the brim with players, and the server struggles to keep track of everyone at once; so it does the most logical thing and rollback everyone a few meters from their position in order to catch up with everyone. The servers are just terrible like that. Once you stay in a world long enough where people suddenly start leaving, it becomes much more bearable. I certainly understand the frustrations of others though, especially those who aren't used to Trove's poor servers or haven't experienced it enough to give up and accept it. Personally I don't see it as much of an issue in this case, yes it's annoying, but play Trove long enough and you'll be used to it for the most part.

Now as for the unbreakable blocks, Shadow Tower has unbreakable blocks so I don't see this as anything too different really. I do agree however, that the dungeons could have had a better layout and not feel as claustrophobic as they are now. That camera certainly doesn't agree with much of the internal designs.
    IGN: Hyperiem |Main Club: Empyrium | Main Classes: Revenant / Vanguardian - Power Rank: +33K / +33K | Total Mastery: +600 | Total Hours: +2400

R.A.F. - Eager to jump into Trove? New users can hit this link to get a head start! https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf

Bombs and Turtle Tank does not work on the Egg dungeons, but Dragons still do

Heya Hyperiem. I'm well used to lag. I'm a Beta player and been playing almost every day for the last 4 years or so.

STs were always a different setup than dungeons in the normal farmable worlds. So it made sense that blocks in there were unbreakable because you didn't want people tunneling around the STs. But the main farmable worlds are meant to be destructible. I can even see why they put in unbreakable blocks for Levi's, especially when you wanted to control who could join the Levi from the early days of them. But I just don't see a reason to have a complete layer of unbreakable blocks on the egg dungeons except to force the players to run through the maze. And at least to me, forcing me to run through the maze adds no value and is counter to the normal experience in trove of blasting through dungeons.

I wanted the devs to see this feedback because I feel this combined with the new Delve update is showing a bit of a lack of understanding of what the gameplay and feel of Trove is about. I'm guessing they are attempting to slow down the farming rate maybe? At least that is what I hope. Because otherwise it is some sort of ego thing where they are upset because people use bombs to go through their pretty designs and they're upset that people don't play the way they want and appreciate their dungeons. If that is the case, *sigh*.

And yeah Thorvik, I heard about that tonight in one of the club chats and switched to the water dragon to blast through the top to get to the portal. It works. Thanks for the tip.

I honestly confused by this, do they intend us to use Dragon to bomb the dungeon instead to try reduce our farming momentum or add up the fun; or is that actually a bug on either dragon bombing or unbreakable blocks? Already reported the bug or... ... "bug" and got responded by someone responsible. Now enjoy dragon bombing and wait for hotfix xD

+ Reply to Thread