+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trove isn't dying - Trove is dead.

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar

Unhappy Trove isn't dying - Trove is dead.

I legit came back to the game about a week ago after being gone for 1.5 years, and when I came back, it's in a worse state than when I left. The Atlas lag is 10 times worse and hasn't been fixed after 2.5 years when Eclipse was released. I can't farm dungeons without severe lag and rubber banding. There are noobs reaching the same power rank it took me a full year to get in just 2 weeks!
    Not only that but we aren't getting any new content. All we're getting is new shop deals that sometimes don't even give you the stuff you buy, according to many forum posts I've read.

I think that the problem is with Gamigo and their approach to us as a community. They don't really take feedback from us and they don't own up to their actions.

Back when Trion Worlds was still here, they would put the community before profit. The developers and Fasti would try to become more like friends than a company, so whenever they screwed up, we as a community would understand, (usually) forgive them, and move on.
    Not only that, but they would try their best to fix the game and constantly update us on how they were fixing it. I remember back when the infamous graphical corruption of Luminopolis was going on, Fasti would keep us constantly informed on the FORUMS (not Twitter), and the team had it fixed in less than 2 weeks. What I'm saying is that with the exception of the credit bug of 2018, the dev team would try to fix the game's problems with live updates, and they would also compensate us.

Gamigo, on the other hand, doesn't bother trying to fix the game's problems, and they don't bother trying to interact with us as a community. Whenever they screw up, there's nothing to forgive except for a stone-cold company.

Here is a comparison between Trion World's forum posts and Gamigo's forum posts:As you can see, even when I quit the game, Fasti still tried to be like a friend to me. However, with the new forum moderators, they don't make any attempt to be friendly.

Not only that, but customer support is a dumpster fire from what I've heard, especially with Edgar. I've read nightmare stories on these forums about customer support just ignoring emails or calling people liars. It's so heartbreaking to read those posts about people not getting what they buy in the store or not getting Flux from the marketplace, etc.

With all of that, I'm sure Trove isn't going to survive by the end of 2020. I've made so many friends on this game, so that will be sad. Since Trove is going to die out, I think it's time for us as a PS4 community to look for a new free MMO game to start playing together. All of you guys are very nice, and I was pretty well-known on the forums before I quit, so maybe we can all migrate over to a new game and play together once again?
    PSN: Benji_Yokai
    Discord: NeatherBen221

All fasti did was ban anyone that had an opinion or criticism to anything that is not a friend that is a bad forum mod

Hello Benji, I understand where you are coming from with your post. Us fourm moderators are relatively new to being in the public eye but we want to be as helpful and friendly as possible. The fourms moderators are also long time players of Trove so we can really relate to the community. I’m sorry you feel this way though. As you may have heard there is going to be some new content released shortly which gives players the ability to work together to complete goals and progress in the game. Going into 2020 Trove is having some major and exciting changes that we hope will make everyone happy and very passionate about that game moving forward!! P.S I would love to be your friend
    GT: WillowFiower | IGN: WillowFlower | Discord: Willow#7095 | https://support.gamigo.com/hc/en-us

It wont die because the amount of P2W Players is insane. They spent hundreds or thousands of $ for all Packs/ CP etc to get high Mastery

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Hello Benji, I understand where you are coming from with your post. Us fourm moderators are relatively new to being in the public eye but we want to be as helpful and friendly as possible. The fourms moderators are also long time players of Trove so we can really relate to the community. I’m sorry you feel this way though. As you may have heard there is going to be some new content released shortly which gives players the ability to work together to complete goals and progress in the game. Going into 2020 Trove is having some major and exciting changes that we hope will make everyone happy and very passionate about that game moving forward!! P.S I would love to be your friend
    You seem pretty cool. Now I feel kind of bad saying that all the forum moderators are stone-cold, since you seem nice. Now that I look at it, maybe it's just the CS and lack of updates (both game and community-wise) that soured Gamigo employees for me. Sorry for insulting you!
    EDIT: I just looked at your profile and saw that you've been playing Trove for 3 years! For me, I've only been playing for 1 year (2.5 if you count my break), so you seem to know this game better than I do. I'm glad now that we have a moderator that understands our pain XD

Quote Originally Posted by not tdn3000 View Post
    All fasti did was ban anyone that had an opinion or criticism to anything that is not a friend that is a bad forum mod
    I remember that now, especially with Theuglyone and his alt account ThePrettyOne. I was probably looking at the past through rose-tinted glasses.
    PSN: Benji_Yokai
    Discord: NeatherBen221

I think that the expectation from the playerbase of Trove was that the game would hopefully improve or continue to be supported when it was purchased by Gamigo.

I think the realization we need to come to is that in the real world not only Trove was acquired. With such a small player community and because it makes less money and has less potential then the other projects purchased why should Gamigo pour real money and resources into Trove?

The potential in comparison to other projects is not there. The playerbase is not there.

It's sad because we all like Trove and are lashing out with frustration but this is the way.

+ Reply to Thread