Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time to remove shadow tower.

Time to remove shadow tower.

I think it's best time to remove shadow tower. Using bots for automatical farming of elites in shadow tower still possible on main client and its have huge effect on economy, removing shadow tower-simplest way to fix it, with delves it's possible.

Is it about farming elites via bot?
    (Video link has been removed bcs it might go against forum rules)
    From what I know it is more on using alternates to leech Shadow Caches at the boss room and Adventurites farming.

Replace Shadow Tower with a less charming Delves is not the "best time" yet, until the new group based dungeon polished up more, then it will be the option.
    I do agree it is an effective way to deal with macro bot by using randomized layout. But as I replied on the Delves thread, it lacks a lot of charm compared to ST.

We also have to worry about Shadow Titans new place to live.
    Simply redirect Shadow Titans from Shadow Towers to Delves doesn't make sense at all, because both are situated in different environments. There is not enough convincing art details for Shadow Titans stay inside Delves, such as dark enough atmosphere (PS: the colour tone of the Geode Cave doesn't fit with the dark tone of the Shadow Titans); as well as why would Daughter of the Moon leave her own Altar for no reason, since Shadow Tower inhibits a massive amount of dark energy. As said, they need to come up with something more interesting.

For example, instead of 20+ flat rooms to the end, introduce some special rooms where it has a more open-looking space, with a landmark that represents the source of Darkness. Make the final area where a Shadow Titan is gonna spawn more unique feeling, as well as the known dark tone.

Its not about shadow caches, its about farming elites with hight mf

Yeah sure, lets get rid of even more working content instead of killing the root of the problem. Find a way to get rid of the botters, don't make the game worse for the honest playerbase.

Also, why the hell does bomber royale get to stay if the bots break the economy that much?

Root of problem is monotonous mechanic without element of random, every such mechanic should be removed from game at least cos its boring, idk any players who realy like farm flux on elites in st more then u10. Problem with bots in br can be fixed by adding necessity of dealing dmg. If you worry about st rewards then its only about balance, we shouldn't hate new mechanics, we should say how they can improve this. I dont see any ways to remove botters from the game without removing old and boring mechanics, if you see some easy way pls tell us. And last think, should i say what every st bot can generate 300k pure flux every hour? All bomber royal bots cant do as much, as one st bot

The delves so far consisted entirely of what you think has to go though, monotonous and not very random at all, just like the geode caves they consist of chains of the same rooms in varying order over and over again. Plus with private delves they can be abused in the same way as STs, as technically only one person needs to go through the caves and do the objectives, their bots can teleport straight to the last cleared room and/or the boss room. Don't like the current cave theme/objective? Just open another private delve with one of your 7 bots.

I have tried the delves out, they are far less enjoyable than going through the floors of the shadow tower. Every room has 1 type of enemy in a varying amount, usually far too many of them in a cramped space and most of the time they don't even drop anything, yet you have to kill hundreds of them, the objectives are far more of a hassle than anything else in the game and the modifiers for the delves seem completely out of place. After getting through these long, often far too convoluted caves, with far too many upwards/downwards segments, guess what, you don't even get one of the rewarding bosses, just a random prime world boss that doesn't drop anything of value besides a couple of tokens. Not to forget that the whole thing is on a timer, which has no reason to be there in the first place.

This is not a good shadow tower replacement, I'd rather keep the busted economy and the bad latency on mondays than to put up with this crap.

I don't believe it's a good replacement without addressing the other classes, as the playerbase keeps poking at when the topic of ST&Speedrunning viability had come up in the past.

As i understand you absolutely dont know what a sense to use bots, no one use them to farm shadow caches, this bots just a "route" for your character to nearest elites in shadow tower, they always in same place, after killing of pack of elites bot just leave shadow tower->clear inventory->open another, this can be fixed by making shadow tower random or by removing him, devs already made "random" version of st, so old one should be removed to prevent using bots to farm elites.
    It's kinda same with normal farming of elites, you even shouldn't fully complete st, you just need to kill nearest pack of elites and leave, if u will try farm like this more then hour you also will be sure what this mechanic should be removed from game and replaced for "geode-like" version, 1 type of enemy its problem of first public versions, if you can remember same was in geode topside, same with balance, you should just accept what new mechanic not only better for game
    experience, but it also prevent using of soft which will farm instead of you without any help

The Delves are not a random variant of the STs, the Delves aren't a replacement to begin with and there is no need to get rid of the STs or to cut them down like they are doing as of now.

Botting can be prevented via software, but I'm quite sure gamigo isn't willing to invest into a fix like that, seeing as trion wasn't willing to do so either. So then, why punish the whole community for what the botters are doing? We already are extremely limited in terms of what can be traded and farmed efficiently due to the duping and botting and approaches like the switch over to something that deviates that much from the core gameplay of trove doesn't improve this situation.

While we are at it, might aswell cut fishing, bomber royale and the remaining bits of PvP arenas out of the game, because they are all abuseable through the use of bots as well. It doesn't matter how profitable it is if you can leave multiple bots running over night and no risk is involved most of the time.

Not to forget that this won't fix the economy either, because already it has been destroyed through bots and these dumb band-aid-fixes.

Can you explain me difference between shadow tower and delves except random generation of lairs?
    Even blizard cant fix botting by software, it's practically impossible, emulation of key pressing works absolutely like "fair pressing"
    Can you explain why you ignoring fact what other bots have economy effect close to zero if you compare it with st bot.
    Economy still wasnt fully destroyed.
    And ofc, i pretty sure what devs right about "st reason of server issues"