Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Tomb Raiser Feedback Thread - 3/20/2020

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #1

PTS Tomb Raiser Feedback Thread - 3/20/2020

This is a class thread specifically for PTS changes to Tomb Raiser, leave feedback here and check out changes below.

Tomb Raiser Changes
    • Tomb Raiser’s passive now summons a Skellittle and grants a restless soul with each tick.
    • Skellittles do not passively spawn in hub & club worlds.
    • The primary attack (m1) now has a wider hit radius that more accurately matches the vfx.
    • Bonetorage (m2) now does the following:
      • Consumes all restless souls on use, not just one.
      • Summons a Skellittle for each soul consumed.
      • If 6 Skellittles are already active, extra souls possess active Skellittles, causing them to take and deal extra damage.
    • Banshee’s Boon (1) now does the following:
      • Costs 20 energy to use, both with and without the class gem equipped.
      • Has a 10 second cooldown.
      • Clarified what the ability does after the gem is equipped (it still activates ghost mode).
      • Class Gem banshee now lasts 5 seconds.
    • Grave Goliath (2) now does the following:
      • Base level Grave Goliath is now as strong as the Grave Goliath used to be.
      • Using this ability now triggers off how many Skellittles are possessed.
      • Using the ability no longer kills Skellittles and instead removes their possessed state.

-Tomb Raiser’s passive now summons a Skellittle and grants a restless soul with each tick.
    This is nice but just simply not enough to help the class maintain minions in boss fights that do not spawn adds, 8 seconds for 1 minion is just ridiculously long for any fight. Please make the tick faster like 1 or 2 seconds.

-M2 consumes all restless souls on use, not just one
    This is a nice change to make the class less smashing m2.

-If 6 Skellittles are already active, extra souls possess active Skellittles, causing them to take and deal extra damage.
    The dmg buff is too small for the cost of taking way more extra dmg. Buffed skellies just die way too fast. Plus, with the slow spawn of skellittles and the reduced duration of Class gem banshee, most of the time, TR wont be able to get much benefit from this buff.

-Banshee’s Boon has a 10 seconds cooldown and class gem banshee lasts 5 seconds.
    Right now on pts, with or without class gem, it costs 50 energy to activate this, then 30 energy per second, that leaves TR less than 2 seconds with the buff.
    Why its cooldown gets increased and the duration of banshee gets reduced while the banshee itself does not get any buff in damage or healing capability, so Banshee is even less useful now. It just makes no sense at all.
    Furthermore, TR basic attacks heavily depends on #1 to get that 1 dmg coef buff, now it has 10 seconds cooldown, it just makes TR dps even lower, more vulnerable and lose the fluid of the class. Please revert it back to 2 seconds cooldown and/or significantly reduce the amount of energy drain per second.

-Base level Grave Goliath is now as strong as the Grave Goliath used to be.
    It looks like the dmg of max size Goliath on live server, which is a very welcome change.

-Using Grave Goliath (2) now triggers off how many Skellittles are possessed and removes their possessed state.
    The main issue is that it is literally impossible for Goliath get the maximum dmg potential due to the reality that TR would not have spare souls to fully buff 6 skellittles because 1 - banshee lasts only 5 seconds, 2 - possessed skellittles dies much faster, 3 - the slow spawn rate of them from the passive and most bosses wont spawn any adds for TR to replenish souls quickly.

In conclusion, the changes have not yet tackled the main issues of TR, low dps overall, lengthy time to generate minions, and impossible to maintain them in boss fights. In fact, the 10 seconds cooldown on Banshee boon, 5 seconds duration of Banshee, and the change on how to summon bigger Goliath make it much worse than the current state on live server. Also, the patch note could provide more details of the buff/ dmg change, rather than some vague "take and deal extra dmg" or "as strong as the Grave Goliath used to be". For example, it could state "take x more dmg and deal x more dmg" or "as strong as the Grave Golaith summoned by x number of skellittles" so that players would have a clearer picture of the changes and have easier time to test it.

POSSIBLE BUGS:
    -Banshee boon (with and without class gem) costs 50 energy to activate instead of 20 in the patch note.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibita View Post
    -Grave Goliath does not get the bonus when gets summoned with 6 skellittles. It does not get summoned as the biggest model, and even occasionally appeared with the smallest model. The dmg also does not increase when gets summoned with more skellies.
    I don't think this is a bug. The Grave Goliath's level no longer scales with the number of skellittles spawned, but rather the number of skellittles that are currently possessed by extra souls. So if even if you have 6 skellittles out, you still get a level 1 Goliath unless some of your skellittles are possessed. (Unless you meant that with 6 possessed skellittles the goliath doesn't get stronger, in which case ignore this)

Beyond this, I pretty much agree with what Ibita said. To add a few remarks of my own:

- Banshee's Boon now drains energy way too fast and has that 10 second CD, making it even harder to keep both minions and the TR alive since the TR's basic beam deals very little damage and heals skellittles very slowly. The reduction in the CG's duration also doesn't feel justified, because of the aforementioned fast energy drain. If this energy drain was toned down - maybe even untouched from how it currently behaves - then I might be okay with the other changes made.

- The changes to Grave Goliath are somewhat nice. I like how it's damage starts off as the old level 6 golem (At least, I assume that's where it starts) and can get even stronger with each level past that. Although, It's a bit difficult to get it there because of how fast possessed minions die and how long it takes to get them possessed.

I wish I could say more, but I'm currently testing with an early game Tomb Raiser since /exportaccount doesn't appear to be working at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotiza View Post
    I don't think this is a bug. The Grave Goliath's level no longer scales with the number of skellittles spawned, but rather the number of skellittles that are currently possessed by extra souls. So if even if you have 6 skellittles out, you still get a level 1 Goliath unless some of your skellittles are possessed. (Unless you meant that with 6 possessed skellittles the goliath doesn't get stronger, in which case ignore this)
    Yeah, that was my mistake. I did not read that part of the change, fixed it on my post.

Initial impression, while the class's damage has seen a major improvement, the problem of its inconsistency has just been moved elsewhere;

Before the patch you would sacrifice your 6 skelittles to summon your goliath, which was a huge damage loss as you had to expend your souls to restock
    After the patch, you would sacrifice your 6 damage-boosting possessed souls to boost your goliath, which is still a huge damage loss as you need to expend your souls to repossess your skelittles

Its the exact same problem, just moved one step up.

Banshee's boon pre-patch is the bread and butter of the class, the gameplay had a certain ebb and flow to it as you were using the ability to quickly heal your minions, then regenerating energy while they were losing health and repeat, not having that ability on demand severely hurts the class, if the issue was that you had a 90% damage reduction available too often, perhaps that should be tackled instead of tagging on a relatively massive cooldown.

Suggested changes;
    Remove the cooldown from banshee's boon and reduce the damage reduction from 90% to 75%
    Have boosting your goliath not remove the possession from your skelittles
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: TBA | Total Power Rank: TBA | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

im berry disapointed NO pogo stick mounts in this game, shame
    koka kola had koka inside?¿
    Best message in game:

https://i.imgur.com/QN6LQaD.png

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Initial impression, while the class's damage has seen a major improvement, the problem of its inconsistency has just been moved elsewhere;
    ghost form went from 4.0 coef per second to 1.86, and the minions went from 0.75 coef per second to 0.349 unbuffed

this class was criminally weak, but now has been cut in half. This classes continued reliance on cursed skulls to see its dmg potential get close to utilization is a tone deaf response.

I made a mistake here, I didn't use the base dmg number in the tooltip, please ignore this post

• Tomb Raiser’s passive now summons a Skellittle and grants a restless soul with each tick.

I like this alot. Also nice for farming because you do not have to spawn the skelittles yourself.
    • The primary attack (m1) now has a wider hit radius that more accurately matches the vfx.

To be brutally honest I did not really see nor feel any kind of change on TR primary attack at all
    • Bonetorage (m2) now does the following:
      • Consumes all restless souls on use, not just one.
      • Summons a Skellittle for each soul consumed.
      • If 6 Skellittles are already active, extra souls possess active Skellittles, causing them to take and deal extra damage.

Being able to use all souls at once is awesome and was one of the changes i was hoping for TR to receive.
        Problem is that the Skelittles do not survive long enough to even make use of the extra soul buff they are supposed to get.
        In my experience they usually die 1 second after they received the extra souls.
    • Banshee’s Boon (1) now does the following:
      • Costs 20 energy to use, both with and without the class gem equipped.
      • Has a 10 second cooldown.
      • Clarified what the ability does after the gem is equipped (it still activates ghost mode).
      • Class Gem banshee now lasts 5 seconds.

I hate this.
        This was basically the only reliable DPS output that Tomb Raiser had.
        But now
        - The duration is much MUCH shorter than it was before, making it alot harder to keep skelittles alive.
        - The class gem Ally dissapears when the ability ends, lowering the survivability of of your minions even further.
        - The cooldown only makes said problem worse. Before the rework you could invest into Energy Regen to activate the ability every 1-2 seconds.
        Having a 10 seconds cooldown on an ability that only lasts like 2 seconds is really bad, especially when it's basically your most important ability.
    • Grave Goliath (2) now does the following:
      • Base level Grave Goliath is now as strong as the Grave Goliath used to be.
      • Using this ability now triggers off how many Skellittles are possessed.
      • Using the ability no longer kills Skellittles and instead removes their possessed state.

Amazing changes to Grave Goliath.
        Making it stronger and the summoning not consume your small skeletons is a great change.
        Main problem here lies in Grave Goliath getting it's damage from possessed Skelittles.
        The nerved class gem ability makes it alot harder to keep skelittles alive, which makes really hard to get possessed skelittles, making it almost impossible to get a fully buffed grave goliath.

Overall the Tomb Raiser feels more like it has been nerfed.
        The main problem did not lie in it's abilites, but in its extremely bad damage output.

I test my PTS PR 35301 (!) TR at ST Hydra. It does not have the best stats for ST and yet I don't know the best way of playing the new TR in PTS ...

I had the feeling I came quicker to the boss room ... but that was it. I had to finish with my PTS PR 33999 Ice Sarge.

... just a feeling: nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    ghost form went from 4.0 coef per second to 1.86, and the minions went from 0.75 coef per second to 0.349 unbuffed

this class was criminally weak, but now has been cut in half. This classes continued reliance on cursed skulls to see its dmg potential get close to utilization is a tone deaf response.
    Those coeff nerfs should get reverted.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: TBA | Total Power Rank: TBA | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.