+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Delves Feedback Thread - 3/20/2020

Continuing my idea for a replacement for c4, here's my suggestion for how Crystal Rings would work:

-Delves rarely drop a Forged Crystal Soul (that could also be obtainable by looting c3 gear).
    -A new type of diamond, maybe a Cosmic Diamond, that takes crystals, crystalline cores, forge fragments and cosmic gem dust to make.
    -You combine these 2 items (1 or 2 of each) along with some amount of inert geodes to make a Delving, Power, Wisdom or Delving Pleochroric Box (example name).
    -It contains Crystal Rings with levels ranging from 1 to 5, like the Stellar ones.
    -Crystal Rings provide the main stat, a secondary stat and light.

What if Trove took the stance of the following two goals -

1. Further the overall progression / story of the game
    This would provide end-game players the opportunity to continue advancing without their time having been wasted / effectively reduced. Beginning to mid game players are going to miss out on so much good content all so they can rush to the new end game stuff but why do they need to? If they like the game, who cares if it takes 10 years to experience the whole game... that would be an awesome game instead of being done in 2 months because all the old content has been reduced to nothing and new players allured with shiny new content that they lose interest in almost immediately. Geode caves was a raving success, right? (Personally, I can't stand the amount of time I've wasted farming an absurd amount of companion eggs looking for rare companions that I still don't have only to slightly further my mastery which will now be capped at 500.)

2. Introduce more professions and casual content
    I think you could easily introduce a lot more professions to engage players with tons of things to get involved in and never a chance to even be bored because there's always something else to do. Why not create more biomes? What about stuff for my club? All of those would be accessible to all players in addition to the current content which they can follow the natural progression. I think there's a lot of players who don't care about end-game and that's why they never make it. I think they don't care to compete so there should be more casual content that is less about competition and more about peaceful sandbox playing which also gives all players more to do.

Lastly, leaderboards/difficulties/etc do need more thought input and could be separated into mastery ranks - rewards/difficulties focused on players sub 200 mastery, sub 500, and then overall and each with a higher tier of rewards so no one is left behind. Even cosmetic rewards are appreciated and yet the purple name is being taken away. If you gave top X% of players a special color or something even a small gesture would go a long way.

I'd like to give my opinion on this mastery thing. I kinda understand your point here and kinda not. Why a new player should be able to catch up to the long time players so fast? I't just feels so wrong to me as I've put so many hours and even some money in to the game and now the same damage I have can be achieved so much easier.

Also the idea to award players after the "cap" with 1 more power rank per level, without any boosts, it's not good. Power rank is just a number, just like the mastery sigil is just a sigil. That's not enough of a reward to keep the player grinding more after reaching the cap. Also it feels so wrong towards us end game players that our time and money has gone to waste as we have grinded ourselves above the cap level.

My suggestion is to boost stats up to that level 500 like planned, but after level 500, don't stop the boosts there. Maybe reduce the boost after level 500, but keep it in there. Same applies to Geode mastery. Don't cap the boosts at level 100.

Also, to keep the competition alive for the new players, you could make different leaderboards for new and old players. (Just like ARCH4NG3L said in the previous comment ^^) You could separate people by mastery rank and the higher you are in ranks, the better rewards you can get.

Thanks for reading, hope to see this change! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Faarao View Post
    I'd like to give my opinion on this mastery thing. I kinda understand your point here and kinda not. Why a new player should be able to catch up to the long time players so fast? I't just feels so wrong to me as I've put so many hours and even some money in to the game and now the same damage I have can be achieved so much easier.

Also the idea to award players after the "cap" with 1 more power rank per level, without any boosts, it's not good. Power rank is just a number, just like the mastery sigil is just a sigil. That's not enough of a reward to keep the player grinding more after reaching the cap. Also it feels so wrong towards us end game players that our time and money has gone to waste as we have grinded ourselves above the cap level.

My suggestion is to boost stats up to that level 500 like planned, but after level 500, don't stop the boosts there. Maybe reduce the boost after level 500, but keep it in there. Same applies to Geode mastery. Don't cap the boosts at level 100.

Also, to keep the competition alive for the new players, you could make different leaderboards for new and old players. (Just like ARCH4NG3L said in the previous comment ^^) You could separate people by mastery rank and the higher you are in ranks, the better rewards you can get.

Thanks for reading, hope to see this change! <3
    The problem with the forum is that there are mostly old-timers who just do things to pull the blanket over themselves) The game still doesn’t rely solely on players with the top 1-2 clans. You can make up to level 350 an increase of 2% hp, 0.5% damage as before. Above, up to 700 -> 0.05 damage and 10 pr.

Quote Originally Posted by GuarDix View Post
    The problem with the forum is that there are mostly old-timers who just do things to pull the blanket over themselves) The game still doesn’t rely solely on players with the top 1-2 clans. You can make up to level 350 an increase of 2% hp, 0.5% damage as before. Above, up to 700 -> 0.05 damage and 10 pr.
    The problem is that the mastery points needed per lvl scale up so it would be bad if the stats would scale down

Quote Originally Posted by IINikstarII View Post
    The problem is that the mastery points needed per lvl scale up so it would be bad if the stats would scale down
    Statistics will not decrease. Can
    calculate points pr differently. But in any case, give players up to level 350 completely and damage and hp. New players should not suffer in the world of U11, and for years to increase the coefficient of damage. Above, hp is not needed, but the damage does not hurt for U11.

Mastery stat cap change
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowser View Post
    Hi everyone! Coby “Meowser” West here, designer on Trove. I wanted to come forward and talk a bit about why we put in the mastery stat cap. The desired effect of the cap is to allow players who started playing more recently to have a chance to catch up in effective power to those who have been playing since beta. The way mastery was before it was impossible, and discouraging for players who started after the game launched to hope to compete against long term players. We want Trove to continue to grow and to continue to be fun for new and old players alike, which is why we made these changes.

Coming tomorrow, we hope to raise the cap to 500, and decrease the rewards per level to maintain the same total rewards.

Some related changes that we are talking about that may come soon are:

• Changing mastery so it continues to give 1 Power Rank per level past the damage cut off.
    • Changing the Power Rank leaderboards to something that requires player effort on the specific class per week, instead of the current system that rewards the same players week after week.

We are still reading and discussing the comments and posts that are coming in. If you have constructive feedback please make sure you are posting it on the forums!

Generally I love your choice to finally put a thumb down on the P2W aspect in Trove. Currently it is literally impossible to really compete as free to play player with people who paid. You can get close, but because PR is tied to Mastery and certain Mastery is only obtainable via real money, it makes the top spots always P2W.

For mastery Ranking it is okay. Those, who want to pay have a place there to compete. But since it also sweeps into Class contests, it makes it very frustrating to people who want to be on top with a specific class but litterally can't because of the P2W wall. And how current system works is following: Pople with top mastery will tie like 50 slots of a class with the exact same PR. And then come another 40 people with 2 PR less because of 1 single mastery level lower. There is just no way to get inside with efford alone.

Mastery needs to be seperated from Class Ranking all together. If Mastery still gives even just 1 PR, then it WILL affect class contest, since on the top it does not matter if you have 1 PR or 100 PR more per mastery level. It just creates an unpassable wall.

One short term-solution would be to have class contests with the normal PR, but minus the PR coming from mastery.

However, I am feeling very happy that you mentioned a discussion about adding an efford-based system to gain top ranks for a specific class. I assume it will be something like 'max depth in delves'. But even then, it creates an actual challenge and an actual movement there. I LOVE THAT!!

On the other side... This class issue had been brought up so many times in forum posts or developer's livestreams and it was mentioned so often already that Trove's developers 'are discussing' or 'thinking' about it, that I need to ask for understanding that I am not really optimistic about a soon fix of that situation.

Having PR cut from mastery will at least give current contests a more fair contestability. In the long run I really look forward for an activity-based class leaderboard without ties

Edit:
    Having 500 as mastery stat cap is pretty high for new players. I would love to see that morely in the range of 300-400. It takes a very long time to reach 500.

To keep the conest around mastery alive, I propose a change in mastery leaderboard rewards:
    Change the current ranking into 'mastery points missing for currently max possible mastery'. Because how things currently are, people will always tie in mastery contest.

So the top players would be ranked as '0 mastery points missing till max' and players missing 1 style would be ranked lower with '2 mastery points missing till max' etc. This will allow to an infinite amount of player to be ranked in a specific group and also allows to give rewards out again without eventually making that specific number of 'intended' winners obsolete. Rewards could be given to the top spot, then 2 mastery missing, 10 mastery missing, 20 mastery missing, 50 mastery missing etc. to bring back something to strive for. Something that still needs efford to keep in a system that fits to a leaderboard that tie.

TLDR: Seperate the players that aim at top mastery from players that aim at top PR while still supporting both groups fairly.

Misc
    -Is this a relict or was this refering to Shadow and Radiant Gems? Need clearification.
    Quote Originally Posted by PostCard View Post
    • Shadow and Moon Gems will also be removed from the game with the keys and fragments.
    -Does c4 only spawn in u11 or does it spawn inside all ubers in Delves, if you just went deep enough? And where and how exactly does c4 spawn?

-Fall damage just makes sense. Why was it removed?
    -Loot collect value of 3 Fragments for 1 Prism of Light is very low, given how rare those Prisms are.
    -Since we get sent back into Sanctuary from Delves and Topside worlds, it would be nice to have a loot collector inside Sanctuary. The 'Forever Home Finder' does not work on combat epquipment.

-I love the new MF system that makes you think twice before respawning. It will make people either use world switching, Portals of Orign or bite the bitter apple. But I fear that top loot might be locked behind patron-only with additional MF based on %.
    -I love a new cap for mastery stats. This will finally get rid of class contests beeing tied to pay-to-win.
    -I did Bulldozer away some Shadow Markets from Delves and placed them inside my club at PTS. Can I have one of these for my club on Live please?

-Having the Dragon Crucible craftable is awesome. But please do also allow us to craft the other benches to add into club. Including:
    • Module workbench
    • Module Forge
    • Shadow Market
    • Delve Workbench
    • All Purpose Key Mold
    • Nautic Assembler
    • Resistor Wokbench (Non-Fixture version)
    • Atlas
    • Class Changer

-I did state my opinion about ST in this topic: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...l=1#post831309
    -> It is quite a hot topic since this update is effectivelly destroying ST while keeping illegal activities there untouched

Tomb Raiser
    -Banshee's Boon needs to be reworked
    -> This ability is your bread and butter to keep all of your minions healthy (since default attack just doesn't reach all minions around) and is a great source to dish out damage while also keeping yourself healthy via reduced incomming damage. Well, 'was'. With this update, this ability got an unjustified cool down of about 10 seconds with a natural activ time of 2 seconds. It can be extended, if you drink multiple flasks to prevent your Energy to get drained to zero, which is a huge waste though. Within those 2 seconds, it is simply impossible to keep 6 possessed minions alive at all. You can not keep your dps while outside of combat, even if you try to. Even the class Gem does just barely allow those minions to stay alive, but fails to make a huge dent into Goliath's life time.

-Possessed Skelittles seem bugged
    -> They may take more damage from enemies, that is one thing. But why do they also drain their life down faster than normal skellittles? This makes it a huge pain if you want to actually keep your 3 possessed skelittles alive until you can up that to 6. It may be intended as buff, but how things are, you can only realls use possessed skelittles for a moment to get a Goliath to level 3 out of 6.

-Using the new Goliath is frustrating
    -> We know that it is technically possible to have that thing on level 6 with 6 possessed Skelittles around for max DPS. But with how skelittles work, you can only prepare 6 possessed Skelittles, summon a Level 6 Goliath, summon 6 skelittles again and then possess those 6 Skelittles another time, if you are fighting an enemy that spawns a ton of fast-dying minion. This is a lot of work for a damage that does not really feel that rewarding. If you have to put that much efford into your damage, then your damage shall far surpass other AoE damage classes. Exspecially since those minions are single-targetting.

-Auto-Summoning Skelittles are awesome!
    -> It is a great thing that minions get now automatically summoned whenever you get a soul, too. But please also go further and auto-posses those. It is hard to keep track of the number of your souls mid-fighting.

Delve
    -I did test Delves before the recent PTS patchnotes and those Delves feel pretty balanced now. Just a bit too weak, given that there is still c4 making us stronger and also considering that most groups had very low light. In a group of 3 endgame players, stuff died very fast without much efford.

-Black vault boxes inside Delves should have an indication if they give any limited ressources anymore or not. It is not really rewarding to open it for some Legendary rarity items...
    -It should be mentioned, that certain rewards are limited to once per week, if you decide to keep it like this.
    -Public Delves are very random without any real control what Delve it will be. For once, I ended inside an u11 Delve where I was only able to deal 160 damage per shot and another time I ended up 1hitting everything without flasks inside an u8 Delve.
    -About Crystal Level 4 Gear upgrading cost and power... I have no idea if those are okay or not. Since I did not drop one of these on PTS and they are not accessible via other means.
    -I could not note any difference or increase in power after running inside the same Delve for over a hour. (Might as well be over 2 or 3. I can't say at this point anymore.)

Bugs/ unintended things
    -At 22nd March, a Delve could create a floor that got crossroads. This did cause all sorts of things. One beeing that the 'furthest room checkpoint' is litterally 15 blocks away from the teleportation device at spawn.
    -'Vaca-matic' looks like a typo. It was probably meant to be spelled 'Vaca-Matic' to be in line with other module names like 'N-Charge'.
    -'Vaca-matic' will only heal for 3 points inside Geode cave worlds, if you suck in crystals. This module's description at the Module Forge implies that it always heals when using.
    -In a private Delve, a host can instantly get kicked out of his own run, if his PR is not high enough to meet the PR requirement of the Delve that will be created with the group of registered players.
    -It is possible to open a Delve with Novice difficulty. (Seriously: why?)
    -I can de-epquip all my gems and epquipment, go to a public delve, force it to become a u7 Delve or lower and then epquip everything again to rule with 35k PR and 7,8k Light.
    -Geode Cave plants can eat 25% ?!??!?! of my gas ?!?!?! in one single explosion?! Tested in T1 Moonglow and Verdant. Often no damage taken at all though, which also doesn't look intended.
    -Inside a Delve, when switching from Cave mode to Combat mode via TAB, then you will always have your health set to 50% at best.
    -Club Fixture 'Effigy of Flowing Elixiers' does effectively get rid of the harsh cut of Flasks inside Delves. Players with this buff and a regenerating Flask type can just mindlessly spamm flasks without caring. (Talking about me here. I used Valorous).
    -I can now solo an u10 Leviathan.... Too much light means too much power. And I am 'only' at 7800 light so far.

Not really right

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlexanderNULL View Post
    Mastery stat cap change

Currently, it is literally impossible to really compete as free to play player with people who paid.
    Honestly, your argument about free to play players not being able to catch up to people who pay is not really valid. I spent like a couple bucks for a costume years ago cause I thought it was cool and never again have I spent money and here I am with 705 total mastery. (615 regular mastery) I have a fully augmented set of PD gems and am working on a MD set. the P2W in this game is not nearly as bad as people like to make it out to be. I'm not lookin' to start a fight or anything, just your average Joe movin' along correcting people here and there.

Geode mastery/sigil changes + mastery regression

it might be a bit off topic as in not related to the mastery cap but it is related to mastery so I guess I can suggest this change.

Mastery regression might be a scary term but stay open minded for a bit...

As of now we are kind "overranked" in max mastery vs max pr

Current max mastery sigil wings:

Current max power sigil shield (unobtainable but will there in a sec):

Now these put together they look weird:

Now the thing is, it is needed 2 changes for this to be synchronized and look good again

First change, change it so geode mastery doesn't count for the wings, alternatively, geode mastery could have some kind of pearls in the sigil in that little area above it so that progress for geode is not only indicated but also separately.

Second change would be a slight buff to pr in some way on gear or something that would allow us to get that 40000 pr shield this 2 changes would have the consequence that top players would get 40000 and get this shield:

And also by taking out current geode mastery from current achievable wings for now it's a little above 750:

on which if we take 100 we fall back to these:

Both put together will ofc look much better and consistent, then adding a 3rd element just for geode mastery:

This to say it looks weird as of now but doing slight changes to current power and mastery rank would synchronize these 2 back and make it look prettier and consistent

+ Reply to Thread