Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't think this mastery change is good for the players or the game.

He's right , as a endgame player I've played a lot and bought most of the packs to stay high mastery
    for the damage that gives and this mastery change makes me feel like i wasted a lot of time and $ .
    On the other hand i like the Delves sistem and love that the the tomb raiser is getting a change.

I would suggest that mastery stop giving dmg%/hp like around 500 and after 500 still getting pr so leaderboards don't get stuck

I totally agree with the opinions here. I think that removing the mastery bonuses takes away the interest to obtain the new packs, styles, mounts, etc.
    The mastery currently have the limit at 1000, why not just keep it there? keep the boosts of PR, DMG and MH, but that they progressively decrease as the mastery rises.

This patch is going to punish the most loyal and profit-inducing players of the game for the sake of what? Equality?

At the very least bring the stat cap up to like 500-600 MR so that MOST of the work put into increasing MR wasn't a total waste.

Yeah i think that is THE biggest issue, Im 707 mastery atm and if that update comes, a 200 mastery guy who downloaded the game 1 month ago with perfect gems and gear could hit same amount a 750+ mastery guy who has been playing 4 years sraight and done everything

Class leaderboards are already broken due to the fact that there is a maximum reachable pr that many have already reached.

Last time weekly class leaderboards were useful and sensible was before the update which allowed boosting gem stats to 100%. Imo we need a weekly class leaderboard rework. Right now, the prizes for top10, top25 and top250 are useless, because if you already are in top250 then you obviously don't need more class gem fragments.

The change is very healthy for the game, for a multitude of reasons but i'll try and keep it concise;
    Having stats tied to a perpetual mastery system, when everything that grants mastery is not constantly available is a really terrible system. when some items can be out of supply for months, this creates a scenario where some players are just hopelessly left behind the endgame power curve. THIS HAS TO CHANGE.

The only two realistic ways to change that would be;
    1. make everything that gives mastery always available somewhere
    2. cap the benefit of mastery at some point

The first is obviously not feasable for Trove, the game has had years to set up different supply structures for alot of different items and tying them all together, you would also need to add sources for all currently not available mastery-granting items, to the point where Luxion would only be reserved for event items, if even that, and everything else would be obtainable whenever and wherever.
    That's just such a massive undertaking, atleast if you want to make it interesting, you could just put everything in one big crafting bench and be done with it, but that would be mind-numbingly dull.

So we're left with capping the benefit of mastery, while i'm not agreeing with the current cap, i do understand why it was chosen, you want newer players to be able to feel like mastery has an impact every rank up to the cap.

I think a way to solve it that people over the transition mastery rank (650) would be happy with is if the new capped amount is substantially better than what they currently have, with that in mind i suggest having the cap be 300 instead of 200, with the same stat increases per rank. This would have had the same benefit as being rank 900, but without the impossible grind of getting there, and having to deal with an ocean of nigh unobtainable mastery giving items. I think most newer players would also more fondly back up on rank 300 as a great breakpoint, given it was the cap for a long period of time.

When i think of mastery, i think back to a time before there was stats tied to it at all, where you would collect items for the sake of collecting them and not because they provided you with a combat benefit, i'd like to see that purity return but i understand we can't go backwards. what's currently being proposed with capping the stat benefit of mastery is the greatest and most feasable compromis anybody could wish for.

Please understand that we can under no circumstances have a system that rewards power in perpetuation when everything you need to get that power isn't ALWAYS available.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: TBA | Total Power Rank: TBA | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trove Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Being as high mastery as I am today, all the hours and money spent will be worthless if this comes out like it is; If being end game can now be reached in less than 100 hours, all those people with +2000 like myself are going to feel the back stabbing from the Devs to implement one of the biggest "nerfs" I've seen.
    § I suggest that mastery stop giving dmg & hp around 500 and after 500 still getting pr to keep the leaderboards somewhat competitive.
    IGN: Sergetoo
    Lolis r love <3

"Please understand that we can under no circumstances have a system that rewards power in perpetuation when everything you need to get that power isn't ALWAYS available."

Still, we'd all rather have everything always available. I'd say this new system is even more of an undertaking.
    I have no problem with some things not being available. I'll still have a chance to get those in the future and they're not blocking me from doing anything.

With this update it's pretty clear they want people to come in, pay to get to 200 mastery, then quit.

(I messed up this quote lol) Having stats tied to a perpetual mastery system, when everything that grants mastery is not constantly available is a really terrible system. when some items can be out of supply for months, this creates a scenario where some players are just hopelessly left behind the endgame power curve. THIS HAS TO CHANGE.

The only two realistic ways to change that would be;
    1. make everything that gives mastery always available somewhere
    2. cap the benefit of mastery at some point

Idk I disagree, the system currently imo is working very fine with keeping the gap close. Someone who is 100 mastery behind me can very well hit just as hard as I do.

With the huge gap in power there isnt a true need to have every anymore.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast