Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't think this mastery change is good for the players or the game.

I don't think this mastery change is good for the players or the game.

For those who haven't read the patch notes -
    Mastery Stat rewards have been retuned! While stats are now granted only by the initial levels, they will lead to more power for all players.
    Mastery now gives stat rewards for the first 200 levels. Each level gives:
    1.5% health
    0.5% damage
    10 Power Rank

While I do like the idea of more power for all players, This really seems pointless for end game as if you have 200 mastery, all dragons and max your gems you are already at the same level of damage as someone who is level 650 mastery. If this change goes through there will be literally no reason to buy packs for $ or credits as you can get 200 mastery extremely easily without buying them as the market is in a very poor state due to botters, talismans, ores, glim, souls are all very cheap and can provide alot of mastery for a newer player.

Without any gain from mastery besides flex value I think alot of the end game players will quit and won't be there to help teach the newer players how to even get the mastery.

Contests/Leaderboards for classes and Club power rank will also be a complete tie if this change goes through. Badges also wont need to be completed as you will have max stats before you would get the mastery from them.

I think this patch is good in terms of showing that the devs are getting a hang of the trove engine/code and that they are listening to feedback about which classes are bad(even if TR was the only class changed) I'm really excited to see what else they can bring in the future.

also add growable forbidden spires grass

He's right, the mastery stat cap renders farming for more mastery completely useless. In fact once geared with the new upcoming Crystal 4, there's no real point in even continuing to play the game since you can't improve as a player, stat wise nor Leaderboards wise.

yea , if there is no possible progress after 200 Mastery Level , theres no need to continue spending both time and money to get things in the game, since it will just end up to a vanity icon above the player head..

yeah, feels like being robbed as someone who is nearly maxed mastery

He's right, 200 mr is way too low, and makes "later-game players" feel even more unaccomplished than they already were. Perhaps change it to 500-600 instead of 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Jban View Post
    He's right, 200 mr is way too low, and makes "later-game players" feel even more unaccomplished than they already were. Perhaps change it to 500-600 instead of 200.
    Good Good Idea.

From my understanding, it basically made all of the things I have worked for and time I spent meaningless. Time could have been spent banning botters or skippers or dupers that made the game almost unplayable, maybe buffing some ignored classes and changing the meta. Instead it seems like a huge "f you" to those of us who have been grinding the hard way and paying our dues. I'm scared the community I know will be gone, I'm scared my friends will leave the game and I'm scared it won't be the same. I've seen this happen before but never to this magnitude.

Players shouldn't be able to enter the game and be where I am after a month or two. I'm not saying the game shouldn't be a bit more balanced so that new players aren't so intimidated by the game they stop playing, I acknowledge that they need to be given more incentive to play to keep the game active. But, you have a loyal player base who has time and time again stayed, throughout all the bugs and lag and downtime, all of the inconvenience and hardships and I feel as if I'm being pushed out. I don't know what contributions I've made to the community, probably none other than buying packs and supporting the game itself, but I am so upset and disappointed in the direction the game is being taken should this update be implemented.

With this update, there will be no incentive to play past a certain point, no point in buying packs unless there's something in it you actually like the looks of. There will be no point in grinding, and I see it turning into the same thing as vanilla Minecraft, you get some op gear rather quickly and then what? The game is boring and stale and you either spend your time building or you find other games that will catch your interest. This update will be almost like a reset to the game, everyone past 200 mastery will be reduced to the same level as everyone else. There will be no point to bettering yourself, because after a month or two you'll be as good as you're ever going to get.

Bottom line: I implore you to reconsider, I ask that you take a look at your game and your players, and I encourage you to look for a new way. I know it's not easy, I know you're in a terrible position, but I also know that there is a way that endgamers won't be tossed aside and newcomers will be motivated to play. I hardly ever comment my thoughts on updates and instead choose to see how they play out. This time, I feel like I have to intervene. This update will kill the game. Please, please reconsider.

I join the ideas and reflexions here. It's like changing all the purpose of the game. It's like destroying all the hours, days, months, YEARS and money spended farming mastery and stuffs. It's a great game, i don't want to loose such a community that are high level players. Please, reconsider.

I feel like mastery is always a sensitive topic. Mastery used to be maxed at 200/300 and that worked great geting there was an achievement but you could always grind more if you wanted. with club update mastery cap got lifted.

This gave people with high mastery a ton of damage and made it so people where kinda forced to farm more mastery to keep up with the damage of the other players. This also made it so high mastery was a goal and people spending tons of money and time into geting useless / anoying to get items just to get up there mastery.

This new update will basically give a big F to everybody that grinded days and weeks just to get those items. There is no more point in grinding for more mastery after 200 (this is lower then previous max mastery used to be). leaderboards will all be rows of rank 1 of people that got there gems maxed and 200 mastery. Also not having to spend any flux on mastery makes maxing gems even easier and make the game even more boring quicker.

This update sounds great but kinda makes the previous changes to mastery invalid. Also a purple sigial wing player basically has the same power as a pretzel / tentacle wing mastery player. The mastery wings will have no real meaning anymore after 200.

My idea would be to give the first 200 / 300 lvls extra increase in power but keep having every future lvl give extra damage / hp but just less so that geting more mastery still is a reason to grind it but will also make the early grind for it a lot beter and it will increases everybodys power in the end.

Or just remove all the mastery from all the items that are in $ packs only and add more items to luxion so people can catch up quicker.

Maybe we could see like every 50/100 mastery levels after a certain point give a bigger boost, that way if we are super far ahead of someone we still have the damage to show for it?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast