+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heckbugs in Love - is no loot a bug in the heckbugs?

Heckbugs in Love - is no loot a bug in the heckbugs?

Hello, all. I have been trying to get some of the mounts and allies for the Heckbugs in Love event and I have a question on an aspect of the randomness.

For some of the items (Electric Heckling, Handsome Heckling, Heckbug Monarch), the description lists them as being rarely found when heckbugs fall in love. I get that they are also in the store pack, so finding them as a loot drop is going to be rare, but...

I have been farming heckbugs for a few days now and I have noticed a pattern. Most of the time when heckbugs fall in love it results in loot of 2 Skittering Heart Boxes. The times it did not result in boxes, I have had it result in
    --Handsome Heckling Ally
    --nothing at all

I am up to 6 Handsome Hecklings at this point and I am starting to wonder if the "noting at all" result is intended. Is it a valid result of the rng to have no loot? Or are these nothing instances an error that should result in one of the other two options?

If it is a valid result, then I have to wonder why that is. Why have a double rng (first the randomness of heckbugs falling in love and then the randomness of loot) where the reward can be nothing? I get that the ally and mount should be rare, but then just give us the two boxes and move on. Don't give nothing.

Thank you for any information that can be provided on the mechanics of this event.

Ive also farmed quite some hours of these heckbugs and even though I already got 2 mounts and a big ammount of both allies, when they do fall in love sometimes they just dissapear without any loot, its less common than the normal 2 boxes loot but its still weirdly common for something that already has a really low chance of happening (heckbugs finding love that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Towering View Post
    Ive also farmed quite some hours of these heckbugs and even though I already got 2 mounts and a big ammount of both allies, when they do fall in love sometimes they just dissapear without any loot, its less common than the normal 2 boxes loot but its still weirdly common for something that already has a really low chance of happening (heckbugs finding love that is)
    I finally did get one electric heckbug ally (and another since). Still no mount, but at least I know it is possible if you got a couple.

They are just rarer than the times I get nothing at all.

+ Reply to Thread