+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Thank you Developers!! Levi looting is fixed!

I get that the freeloaders are annoying at Levis, but I like this update; Like others have said, this gives us a chance to invite anyone in the club who wants to come, instead of prioritising just the high level ones (which in turn means that the new/lower level members *never* get to take part in the Levi hunt).

Also, the need to lock the lairs and keep track of who is allowed to join, has sometimes made the chat just *toxic*. If that's what "end game" means for a community, I'd rather be without one.

Quote Originally Posted by XxJoExX0 View Post
    After I get the mounts I have no interesting killing levi.
    Your points are all correct and make perfect sense.
    But at the sacrifice of a end game. It's fine I guess, your ps4. You have 11 months left on your clock at best then rip trove.
    I hope everyone on the ps4 are telling new players not not spend money on the game.
    If your just starting trove now your throwing money away if your trying to catch up to end game.
    I hope they offer a transfer to Pc or Xbox for the ps4 community.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Also, the need to lock the lairs and keep track of who is allowed to join, has sometimes made the chat just *toxic*. If that's what "end game" means for a community, I'd rather be without one.
    I think you maybe in the wrong clubs if it was toxic for you.
    No not free loaders.
    Yes people who do not belong fighting levis. If you have not put in the effort to get the light needed you should not be fighting levis.
    Why have this as a requirement at all then?
    Remove the light barrier completely or yes people who don't have high light are jumping ahead in content they have not earned.

sat in on 20 U10 levis today, was hoping for a c3 fist for my VG without having to do the dungeon farming for 6 to infinity hrs...
    I got 3 c1's, 1 c2, c3 face and c3 fist, when at 3450magic find

15K flux + mats and time per c3 doesn't seem like a bad trade.
    20x 400s fights, 134 minutes or 67 minutes per on avg.

... spoke too soon, 20 keys later and only 2 c1's to show for it.

5.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #15
    Community Manager
    Howdy Trovians,

Thank you for all the feedback and concerns regarding the latest changes. The Community input is most valuable to us <3

This fix was good and much needed. Thanks! It's much easier to invite people and join groups for leviathans now.
    I've seen a lot more people doing levis, so I think this has at least for now encouraged people to do more of those.

While this might poke a hornets nest... There is nothing stopping players from having a restricted run if they want to only use high end players with 7k+ light. I had a group down u10 boss in less than 2min (116sec) earlier this week!

If that is desired then everyone just has to:

go /hide, turn off rally blade, not use portals, communicate in a private chat channel.

The reality was if this change wasn't made soon (say another 3-4 months?) then once the current veterans finished their grind for mounts/torches there wouldn't be levi groups to farm.

Maybe there could have been a compromise that put a light restriction on being able to open the chest (ie must be able to dmg boss). That would have kept an incentive for players to improve their light level to be able to access the content. But I honestly felt this was too unrealistic to expect the developers to implement.

Just remove the light required. It just slows down the fights to a snail pace. The chests ruined levis and there point for being in the game.
    There intention was to fill the missing end game and give people a goal in stats to reach.

Yes it's always fun to included more people when all earned it.
    How many times would to take your friend out to dinner if they never paid? There company is great but..
    How many times would you take a shift for your friend if he kept all the pay? You like to help but why are the getting rewarded for your work?

Hello,

it is nice to see something done about the loot limitation on leviathans. That is really cool ! We can finally have more than 8 people in the room !

But.

I noticed a higher amount of failed attempts to take down those boss (for u10 at least). This is mainly related to :

- mayhem in the lairs : people go to melee range quite a lot (special note to all the nn that suicide every day jumping into the fight), the boss moves a lot
    - lag : well if too many people are in the same place, we may have more lag
    - not enough dps : A invites all kind of letters that invites letters etc... And all those letters do not have enough light to deal damage to the boss. The world is full before you know and we are 5 lagging people with maxed light or we are enough to actually kill it but it keeps moving all around making impossible to deal enough damages in 10 minutes...

Even if we are able to take it down, usually the time is higher or equal in the best cases than the time we used to do with 8 people (used to do between 170 and 300 seconds in the worst cases for 8 man run (even higher when huge fails occur)). And when I talk about best cases, it's more than 9+ people able to deal damages to the boss.

So, as it was already mentionned, the situation is actually : anyone that can enter a geode topside map can loot on levi, making it totally unfair for people who worked to be able to do levi. (I feel that way when I see people dancing and spammin "ez" while I'm doing my best to kill a boss for people that don't deserve it).

Someone mentionned that if the situation wouldn't have changed, in 4 - 5 months there wouldn't have been any levi done anymore. The situation didn't change that much. You just opened the door so people do not have to do it by themselves (aka up a character for levi hunt), in 4 - 5 month we will probably not see that much levy done (since high lvl will be done with it and newbies don't have the power to take them down).

Again, I am glad the situation changed. We can be more than 8, we can just keep doing levi, we do not have to drop levi mid run anymore because someone broke into the room and invited the noob army, we don't have to use /hide anymore.

But,and again it has been mentionned already, all the mmo I tried have some high lvl content, something that is made for them, that new players can only watch and dream about. Give people objectives. Not just mastery to collect or badge to grind for. We need something special to keep high lvl busy and make new players try to reach the right lvl to do it. This kind of content is some sort of reward. You played long enough ? You have 5k light+ ? big *** dps ? Come and join the levi hunt. That's something fair.

So two solutions were proposed there to make things better :

- special portals : people that do not reach X light can't use the portal **EDIT : This idea probably couldn't work since there is still an invitation system / rally blade**
    - special chests : people that do not reach X light can't open it
    - special keys : one for each levi, people that do not reach X light can't craft it

X is an amount of light that depends on the uber, if you have X or more light, you deal damage to the boss, if you have less you don't.

Why does the light adviced at the entry of u10 lairs is 13k500 ? At max we can have around 7k400 light...

Thanks for reading up to this point, have a nice day (or whatever) and

The key is tied to the worlds requirements, a limitation on enforcing players to have the required 5K+ light to do any dmg

Two GS's on PTS doing 4.7M dps combined when at 7469L, if you're lucky to get a majority of vets in a world capped at 32 players you might reach 14M dps ... how? when only 6 GSs could match that

People don't wanna go fast I guess? (dps source)

If melee mains really wanted to help out, find a group of GS's and keep a CB's Cone buff up

a ~20% dps increase

anyone been in a group with over 14M team dps? tell us about it.

update, 50 keys, 1 c3 hat, 0 c2's, 5 c1's.. no more levis from me bro, not paying 200K flux for a chance at a c3 w/ 3700mf with over 4hrs of constant fighting to do

+ Reply to Thread