+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leviathan discussion thread

Leviathan discussion thread

Our console counterparts just got an announcement they'll be Into The Deep as well, would you like to share your experience or tips to help them?

I've put this chart together to help explain light requirements (imgur.com)

With the limited resources I had on pts I tested how well some classes had fought (imgur.com), however I will note there's hit detection issues after like 6 players.

In my experience Levi hunting, one or two biomes will spawn near a spawn (7-ish spawn areas on the map), and maybe one biome will be out of sight on the outskirts
    worldmap graphic for context (imgur.com), 125ms ganda vs 110ms wings, lag was present

The main problem everyone predicted was more than 8 ppl, and ppl unqualified were rushing in and effectively griefing those who deserved the loot. Hopefully a vault/key system will be implemented shortly.

If you just want to blast through the badge progress

I would suggest convincing enough people to just focus on joining a new map so all the spawns are used, track down 2 leviathan biomes and defeat them, then repeat it. I had to roll against the u9 Leviathan chest over 800 times, privately, to get that Timminutive mount to drop for me

While doing my private runs, I found it frustrating that once there was 1 or 2 other interested parties doing only that uber also, it was basically impossible to get a private biome since only sometimes 1 biome spawns out of sight of the spawn areas.

Had lobbied for more biomes on PTS, over 20 dragons spawn in water maps so why only 2 or maybe 3 biomes in one map?
    Whatever 'content stretching' reasoning has been thrown out the window due to frequency of new maps versus biome count per map.

Banned
    Thank you for your time and information.

1. Lobstroso, Timmense, Underlord drop C3, Cashes, torches and a unique mount to the boss?

2. Is the mount tradeable?

3. I don't understand your graph sorry.
    u8 light to do max dmg?
    u9 light to do max dmg?
    u10 light to do max dmg?

4. 2 - 3 Levi biomes per world seems like lag waiting to happen as people refresh for new maps or people put alts in old world to hold them. Is there a method or is is just random to find them? Can a biome have 0?

5. Is everyone just doing ST quests not for clubs or is there a best club quest I have over looked?

6. Strong box questing? This seems like the real update for mastery as levi drops seem to be limited to 1 item and your done with them. There are 18 quests for strong boxes?

7. New Habitats allys, were these hard to get or did they all get spawned day 1 as so many people had habitats ready?

1. Lobstroso, Timmense, Underlord drop C3, Cashes, torches and a unique mount to the boss?
    2. Is the mount tradeable?
    technically you can say c3 drop (U9/U10 was my main farm), but in very low quantity in U9, the time it takes to locate and loot them you're better off just clearing topside normally. U10 may have better chances on c3 but c'mon.. you're at 7k light you already have c3's, so gear up classes you don't use?

some players have 3 to 5 permanent torches before they've gotten a mount, or yet to receive one. Yes the mounts are tradable, U9/U10 often sit at 20m/25m.

3. I don't understand your graph sorry.
    u8 light to do max dmg?u9 light to do max dmg?u10 light to do max dmg?
    Leviathans effectively have no light cap, the damage amounts are small by comparison to the rest of the game however looking at the scale going from 5.8K to 7K light is a worthwhile investment.

4. 2 - 3 Levi biomes per world seems like lag waiting to happen as people refresh for new maps or people put alts in old world to hold them. Is there a method or is is just random to find them? Can a biome have 0?
    For a week on PC it was very playable, I think the biggest stress is when someone announces and a bunch of joins happen in the map and they stay relatively still, not like water worlds where everyone fans out. It's as I explained, 2 biomes minimum and where to find them is sort of random between the two sections (spawn areas / outskirts).

A biome only houses 1 lair, or rarely no lair.

5. Is everyone just doing ST quests not for clubs or is there a best club quest I have over looked?
    Don't know, I had 260K adv saved up, only spent 80K of it on strongbox keys, 252 strongboxes opened, the other keys were from the donation station when I had to donate 1.35m veridium to get my Pixel ally.

6. Strong box questing? This seems like the real update for mastery as levi drops seem to be limited to 1 item and your done with them. There are 18 quests for strong boxes?
    I thought there were like 23? but some I wouldn't pay to roll for a strongbox, it's roughly 25% chance to get a strongbox from trovian adventures.

7. New Habitats allys, were these hard to get or did they all get spawned day 1 as so many people had habitats ready?

We certainly didn't have the same engagement as last time (imgur.com)
    Last time.. 32 rares in 7154 total spawns.. 0.447%
    This time.. 19 rares in 2267 total spawns.. 0.838%
    So they replaced some 'no spawn' chance for the new rare.

Thank you!

PS4/NA here and I just wanted to take a quick second to say thank you for this. That is about the only benefit we have with delayed updates; the ability to let others do the figuring out for us lol!

Banned
    Thank you for your time and attention to important information.

Devs hook this guy up with the forum mount code.

As someone who has played enough to get 125 private u10 kills with nothing to show for it yet other than badge unlock, I hope my luck is right around the corner for a perm torch. I'll be satisfied with waiting 2-3months and purchase the mounts if I don't get enough luck to get any drops.

As someone who has played enough to get 125 private ... kills with nothing to show for it yet other than badge unlock, I hope my luck is right around the corner for a perm torch.
    Good News™, you're in the minority! 1 of my guys is in the same boat as you, 1 has three, and another has two.

I do wish everyone the best of luck securing their perm torches though.

I thought there were like 23? but some I wouldn't pay to roll for a strongbox, it's roughly 25% chance to get a strongbox from trovian adventures.
    google sheet (by Criteox) people use to keep track of their trovian adventures

+ Reply to Thread