+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One million flux gone missing! P2w players be warned!

One million flux gone missing! P2w players be warned!

Right, so I'm posting here in the hopes that a community manager will see this and/or to highlight these service issues to the community.

My issues began on the 8th of December when I signed in and got the green message telling me things on the market had sold. I then went to it and saw five items had sold, two for 399,995, one for 115,000 and two for 39,995. I clicked X on them to claim the flux and list more items. After doing this I then went to search the market for more deals to relist and noticed I only had 11,000 flux!

I immediately reset the game to see if it would fix any delayed delivery issues, not only did this not worked though but I had major issues when trying to reconnect to the server. Due to this I decided to contact support and as such I submitted a ticket.

I got an email response the next day from a guy called Edgar who informed me of the following:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Trove.

We are aware of these problems and are currently trying to solve them. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please review this forum post in order to update yourself in regards to this issue.

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...l=1#post828830
    If you have additional questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,
    Edgar

Thing is Edgar's link referred me to a thread about server issued that had a final post stating they had been fixed two day BEFORE I even had an issue. Due to this obvious mistake/assumption I immediately emailed Edgar back to inform him and he then responsed back to me within hours as he was obviously embarrassed/angry that I had noticed his mistake. His following email stated the following:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Trove.

We have reviewed your request once again and we regret to inform you that we will not be able to recover your flux. After investigating this issue we have found no relevant logs or documentation within our possible timeframes, therefore we are unable to proceed any further.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Your ticket number is 1365960.

Kind Regards,
    Edgar

Now the thing is Edgar doesn't seem to have a strong track record for looking into things thoroughly and hasnt responded since I asked if he could simply look for a log of me putting items on the market, of those being purchased by someone and then of where their flux would have gone.

Now for more context as I appreciate anyone could say that they have lost money and try to claim something for nothing. I am a whale, you all know what I mean. I've been playing Trove on and off for over two years and I've spent way north of $5,000 on the game. I have all 18 trade slots unlocked and I make 1 - 5 million flux per week depending on my level of activity. In all of that time I have never contacted support to try and get something for nothing and the value of 1 million flux doesnt really mean much to me but the sentiment 100% does.

I feel burned by a service team who seem apathetic to my issue's and as I am only able to vote with my wallet I will simply no longer make purchases on Trove until this is resolved (which I doubt will ever happen).

So to the others out there who may be considering going p2w, all I can say is be careful. Their are many games who have great communities and support teams who will treat you with respect but this doesnt seem to be one of them.

Thanks for reading, this is much a rant in frustration as a vain hope that someone will contact me to do something about this.

Final update, I cannot be bothered to deal with a support team who doesnt care. I'll switch to another p2w game and take my wallet with me. The only real losers are the developer's. I'll include below the final post that basically says the Trove staff will ignore me and hide the problem and that as they were too incompetent to deal with it within 72 hours (due to their initial assumptions) then they dont have to look into it further, even though I reported it immediately after it happened. Here's the response confirming it all.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us again,

Please note that it is forbidden to post Customer Support correspondences on any social media platforms/forums as it goes against our Privacy Policy. Any posts of this nature will be removed by the Community Management Team. We value your privacy, so we ask that you respect the privacy of our Support Agents as well.

In regards to your request, we have reviewed the last 72 hours after your initial ticket. Note that 72 hours are the supported timeframe by our policies we have to abide. Your transaction logs of the marketplace transactions do not show any verifiable transactions in regards to the ones you have posted, therefore we can not assist you further due to being restricted by the output our system is providing.

Do you have other questions or concerns, we can assist you with if so do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards
    Edgar

Final update to it all, I got a response again from Edgar calling me a liar and telling me he'd reviewed my logs (finally) but he'd found nothing.

I went back onto Trove last night to find a summer pinata mount had sold for 320,000 so I claimed it but even the flux from that never came through.

I have now uninstalled Trove as their customer service seem was more willing to call me a liar than consider that someone who was willing to spend thousands on a game may not be making it up. I'm aware that due to their privacy policy that this thread will be deleted soon, Edgar told me as much but I can review the developer's themselves on Trustpilot and other review sites and I can simply take my wallet elsewhere.

Overall this is the worst experience I've had with a companies support team, I went in expecting a quick resolution with no intention of quitting but staff they chose to represent them has cost them further thousands in future revenue. Appalling service.

Banned
    I had this happen on a larger scale once.
    Same thing but x16 items. I was out Millions.

Now this took a long time and many many emails. I had to go through 4 different CS people till one took the time.

Hello,
    Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The issue with your missing items was caused by a minor rollback to your character. The Flux has been properly dealt with on your account as well. We have successfully restored the following item to your character:
    1756428 Flux
    37395, Mushroom Chunk
    709 Penta-Forged Shadow Soul
    16020 Sticky Ichor
    We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and ask that you contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns!
    Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Trove. Your reference number for this question is ??.
    Sincerely,
    GM Travelingturtle
    Trion Worlds Inc

Hey Demon, thanks for your response. In some ways its actually really good to hear this has happened to someone else!

At this stage I dont really know if I want to go back and ddeal with their support again. They seem grossly incompetent and more interested in doing nothing than actually helping. When I emailed Edgar back to tell yim it had happened again he literally ignored me. For all I know he's closed my case as I never heard back and its been days.

There are other games to play but in case I do pluck on the will to give it another go do you or anyone else know if there is a better way of reaching anyone there who cares?

+ Reply to Thread