+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First season of Strongbox Ally was short... really short..

Exclamation First season of Strongbox Ally was short... really short..

Hi,

First season of Strongbox Ally was 5 days long. That has to be a record of some sort!

So everyone who did not have time to log in and get those strongboxes, or chose/could not open them will now have to wait for 3 seasons (9 months) to get that first one.

Is there a chance you could let Luxion sell it?

Or somehow let the autumn ally drop during this first winter season?

Or make the seasonal allies craftable in seasonal bench?

/Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zerototh View Post
    Hi,

First season of Strongbox Ally was 5 days long. That has to be a record of some sort!

So everyone who did not have time to log in and get those strongboxes, or chose/could not open them will now have to wait for 3 seasons (9 months) to get that first one.

Is there a chance you could let Luxion sell it?

Or somehow let the autumn ally drop during this first winter season?

Or make the seasonal allies craftable in seasonal bench?

/Z
    There is also a unique costume for every class in those boxes, blue version is untradeable and purple (super rare) is trade-able.

In addition to costumes there are trade-able mounts. In a week I've spent 80k adventurine and have 4 costumes left to obtain (5 if I don't consume my tradeable SH costume)

This content will take players who are not buying boxes on Market weeks/months depending on how many quests are completed each day.

A great source of mastery and stimulated the stale economy, allowing low end players to cash in and make some easy money before they get high enough PR to farm nitro.

If they expand this system every 6 months I can see it being a repeatable success.

Wait, what are you talking about?

Just to clearify:
    You talk about the content of Strongboxes? Those boxes that you randomely get by completing Trove Outpost quests?

How is it seasoned? After all those can be obtained all the year. How is it seasoned?

What do you mean?

Banned
    they have a seasonal ally that changes.
    People who were able to get this one mount in the few days it was available get to lead the mastery leader board for 9 months.

@Zerototh I'm sorry I misread your concern entirely. Yea that is unfortunate.

Which mount/ally is the seasonal one? I had no idea...

**edit**

Shambling Nottoc is out of Locked Adventurine Strongbox rotation, for Wooly Boraryn.

Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 700+ | President of Garden of Wool | Alpha - Knight Supporter

Many seem to have missed the opportunity to get that seasonal ally

A 5(!) day long season introduced an ally worth 50 mp with a huge and quite successful update (huge = timesink) in the middle of another ongoing event (Turkeytopia 2019).

I know there were quite a few players enjoying Turkeytopia and levi-killing + selling strongboxes as they were ridiculously priced during the first few days and they were part of a permanent content so you could always get them later. Later being a week or two when the end-gamer-hype dies out.

I would love a comment/reply on this thread from a com.manager.

/Z

Banned
    Honestly everyone had the same opportunity to get it.
    2 sides to this story can be the guy who grinded or spent flux knowing it was a short season.
    Where's that persons stance if they are added back,

It's a ridiculous situation that should never have happened. Shows no one in charge understands trove.
    I'd be pissed if I missed this ally that way being a top mastery hunter but I think this 1 should not be fixed without the people who did get it getting something of value to them.
    Luck or planning they earned this 1 up on people.

That's why my suggestions for remeding this is not free

Quote Originally Posted by DemonOfValhalla View Post
    Honestly everyone had the same opportunity to get it.
    2 sides to this story can be the guy who grinded or spent flux knowing it was a short season.
    Where's that persons stance if they are added back,

It's a ridiculous situation that should never have happened. Shows no one in charge understands trove.
    I'd be pissed if I missed this ally that way being a top mastery hunter but I think this 1 should not be fixed without the people who did get it getting something of value to them.
    Luck or planning they earned this 1 up on people.
    I do agree that it's a silly situation but one that's easily fixed.

I would agree that some kind of compensation for the players who did get it could be on the table IF the solution suggested for remedying this would involve players getting it free.

But my suggested solutions have a cost tied to them.

For instance if the ally was included as a bonus item in luxion (the usual number of items + this one) people would have to spend their hard earned dragon coins to get it.

I would consider that to be compensation enough for those who got it earlier as those players would not only need to pay anything for it (as they already have it) and the rest of the player base would have less dragon coins to buy other competing items with.

"Luck" had nothing to do with getting that ally. The drop rate is/was high and I bet you (like others) had many duplicates of that ally.

The "Planning" you mention is based on knowing when the seasons shift in Trove. The precise day when they shift. That's not planning, that's simple information that many don't have.

There were no flux requirements either so no need to "plan ahead" and grind flux beforehand. The strongboxes drop by doing free adventures. No flux needed.

For instance, one friend told me that he/she was surprised that the season/drop changed by a specific date and not on a regular tuesday/some kind of patch/update where most if not all of troves other more game-wide changes are made.

/Z

I am not even sure why this is an issue, seasonal items is something totally new to MMO gamers, no? If anything, Luxion is already there as the solution for seasonal stuffs.

Anyone playing right now has the same chance to get them right now. If they choose not to get them, It is their own decisions, not the system. Whoever joins the game later will not be able to access them right away, and it is just fine because 1) they wont need them to go further in the game. There are so many other things for them to get 1st. 2) Not everything needed to be accessible to everyone at anytime. Imagine you want xmas gifts during the summer. It is just silly and devalues the items overall.

+ Reply to Thread