+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Light Requirement

Light Requirement

The light requirements for U8/9/10 geode topside dont match the actual light requirements for leviathans. With a pug of ppl below 5k light it is nearly impossible to even kill a leviathan in u9 before the 10m timer.

I dont know how much light the ppl had, but i think most had way below 5k, and everyone wants to fight them, this is currently no fun at all

I love this Trove Update!!

This implementation of a "REAL OPEN RAID" rocks. Dozens of players join it and Trove's 8 (random?) players will get loot. Reminds me back on some nice and awesome MMORPGs from the past as L2, Aion, etc.. I love it!!

Though, players say Light 4500~5000 is required for U10 Leviathan. True?
    What about U9 and U8?

My Light on my main GS 31k+ is actually "3977" without my gathered +500 Light Torch.

We had beaten my very first Leviathan just a few mins ago. It was in U10 and I even got an Ego Potion.
    Patch Notes say: "The top 8 defeaters of Leviathans any day will receive an Ego Potion."
    So, I did damage, right?! It does more seem that I gained it through "Badge Progress".

The 2nd U10 Levi seemed bugged afterwards. None did any damage to it. Though my LunarLancer Sub triggered. I aborted this one and joined an other group on an other U10 world.

The 3rd U10 Levi worked again and we defeted it. Got a Chaos Chest this time.

Suggestions:
    • Craft keys to open a Leviathan Chest instead to give out loot to random 8 players.
    • Torches, if crafted or not, should be loot collectable

So my questions are:
    • Is this amazingly RAID UPDATE bugged and/or do the Leviathans glitch out?
    • Are there really different and higher Light Levels needed?
    • Will 8 "random" players will gain loot AND 8 "Top Players" different loot for sure?
    • Any surprise mechanics? I just got one-shot with fully equipped Death Vials, lolz
    • Could you please improve the Ego Potions, so they are able to stack?
    • Will we lose damage progress when teleporting back to Outpost to heal up and refll Vials and teleport back to the active Raid?
    BEST REGARDS
    N3

MY REFERRAL CODE : H9ZD6DWRNQWKJTTM3XPN

!!! OUTDATED !!!

Leviathan are not supposed to be for everyone. If a group can't do damage go to a lower uber, get better stats and/or get more people. Their is a torch progression also for better light. Rejuvenation station is your friend.

Biggest problem I'm seeing right now is you have a few people doing 99% of the work and then 20 others standing around waiting to take the loot from you. There really has to be a way to give out the loot in a less random way.

At the very least they could give the loot based on everyone's Light level or damage done.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    Biggest problem I'm seeing right now is you have a few people doing 99% of the work and then 20 others standing around waiting to take the loot from you. There really has to be a way to give out the loot in a less random way.

At the very least they could give the loot based on everyone's Light level or damage done.
    Its going to just drive the high-end players to sequester away from the community as when you have a max character fighting 5min a boss to not even get a roll for gear it is becomes pretty discouraging.

25 levi kills, only recieved loot 5 times. finally crafted my weekly torch.

If this isn't fixed by next weekly reset I'm culling my entire friends list to just those who can actually access this new content as I'm tired of being on hide. I let it balloon out of control while farming 5* dungeons and wanted anyone to benefit from my farming as it didn't take away from me in any significant way.

The loot system as it stands does not promote an inclusive environment for the community. That design choice is questionable for a mmorpg. I guess for those who want to farm the levi kill badge now is the time as in a few days most high end players will likely make the same decision I'm willing to make to ensure they have access to the fruits of their labor.

For the loot issue, I'd like to see something similar to shadow tower bosses, where the loot chest that spawns requires a key to open and drops loot for any player that opens it (maybe only visible if a player was in the room when the boss dies).

I suggest that they should implement the same mechanic of class gem key for the Leviathan chest that it should require players at least meet pr + Light requirement to interact with the chest to prevent people just cheese it.

Keys can be crafted with cores + fragment + cosmic gem dust.
    Requirement to interact with the chest should be 20k pr + 4k light for u8, 25k pr + 5k light for u9 and 30k+ and 6k light for u10. Lets be real, anyone without those baseline stats wont contribute much to the leviathan fights hence they should not be allowed to get rewards.

I read in-game that the permanent torch which is dropped from U10 Leviathan provides additional 850 Light. Even my crafted weekly torch provides 900 Light. Where is the sense in gaining that perm torch then? No more need to play Leviathans then.

And as already mentioned, I would like to be able to loot collect torches since those fill up my inventory pretty fast. I had more than 20 torches in my inventory.

Also as I and others explained, there should be needed keys to open chests. Just like in Shadow Tower and Shores of the Everdark.
    BEST REGARDS
    N3

MY REFERRAL CODE : H9ZD6DWRNQWKJTTM3XPN

!!! OUTDATED !!!

Simple solution is to keep Light the same. Just have a box and use the Adventurine Strongbox keys to open the chest like the Shadow Towers work.

It's ok since, even though the update was finished and approved certification months ago, console will not see it until next year so fix it all before releasing it to us.

+ Reply to Thread