+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trove is dead

Trove is dead

I hate to sound alarmist, but the red flags are everywhere. I recently searched the employment website Glassdoor for Gamigo for some hints into why they stink so badly. I think I have received an answer. Please refer to the attached photos and you’ll see what I mean...

Found another more recent one

This really does explain a lot. Definitely puts things more into perspective. Exactly why we should take it a bit easier on the devs. If they are dealing with this kind of work enviroment, our hostility, anger, frustrations and lashing out are probably just making it worse. They probably recognize the issues, but are unable to take action to fix them. They have basically been set up to fail.

Good thinking to look this up!

Troves dead because a few disgruntled employees wrote bad reviews on glassdoor? You forgot to put that gamigo makes 10 to 25 million dollars revenue per year based on the same site. Also on the same site they have posted a software engineer make 100k+ with full benefits. I'm pretty sure that guy complaining about no soft drinks and a water filter can buy his own food for lunch. Smh

Ps the games still broken

So, are there good reviews as well? I can see how not setting your employees up for success can ruin a game, but if these bad reviews are a rarity, then it isn't that at all.

Ya know, I think I'm just gonna look it up myself lol!

I hate this `` Trove is dead`` People . Youre so annoying . Nearly 1 Year ago after Trion sold to Gamigo these People said that Trove will be dead in a few Weeks too. And what happend? nothing

Just calling it like I see it. At a certain point, and I have experienced this with many many other MMOs, it will be cut if it’s too problematic. Heck, another game company that gamigo “merged with,” called Aeria Games is also notorious for shutting down [some of my favorite!] MMOs.

After a while of trying to make money they are eventually going to realize Trove doesn’t matter to them, and it’s not worth the hassle, and they’ll shut it down. At that point we can hope another publisher picks it up.

I see red flags everywhere unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before. But hey, maybe you guys are right, after over a year of hassle and lashing out from the community they will still keep it going. I have been taught by game publishers to be pessimistic, because all they see is money and numbers in the red.

If Gamigo thought that Trove could make them money they would have invested in it and rebranded it with new content. They chose to do that with Archeage instead. All these devs and CM you see responding in the forums and discord....none of them work on Trove exclusively. Which is why they are so slow to see and respond to issues, which is why the Halloween cursed skulls message still appears on ps4, which is why they dont respond to us in these forums very often. Trove in general is not a priority to them, consoles even less so.

People forget the game was messed up when Trion had it too. Do you remember the vanguard update graphic glitch that lasted for over a month?

+ Reply to Thread