+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Costume] God Eater (Candy Barbarian)

Post [Costume] God Eater (Candy Barbarian)

Edit 06/04/14

So I am backed now!

I will start working on God Eater again, the first thing I am going to do is to re-design the helmet , weapon, and ultimate.

The new helmet should be able done in few days.

Thanks for all of your support again!

Just want to make something dark for Candy barbarian, so the idea of God Eater eventually come out - which mix a lot of dark elements I like such as bone, eyes, teeth, tentacle, half-face mask, black leather textures..etc. Personally, I am glad that all of the elements combine well at the end -- hope you guys enjoy it as I do!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concept

In the accident time, the Moon goddess capture some of the most powerful Trovians and transform them into undead, mindless creature so she can use them as her army to kill the Sun goodness. She give them the name "God Eaters" - but these God Eaters never have chance to carry out the mission for which they were designed because of goddess's fall down.

And among all the God Eaters, there was only one of them didn't lost his mind completely - he was the first God Eater that goddess made as a sample test.

This God Eater now back to the Trion land -- will he find the way to restore the curse and return his normal body? Or maybe he will lost the rest of his humanity and mind first?
    [CENTER]

Screenshots

VFX

The initial purpose of making this costume is to practice the basic skill of creating VFX such as changing size/color, so I didn't really bother to make the new texture for it - the ghost texture is what I find in game folder, and Heal Candy is replaced by deco item-Dragon Horn, Sour Candy replaced by deco item-Dragonskull Trophy.

Overall, God Eater is a important milepost for me to first time start working on VFX aspect of mod....I can never achieve this without the VFX Guide Thread in forum - so let me thank to Celeres, Ocgineer, and TheIgmo, they are writer of Guide and they are always extreme supportive for people who have VFX related question!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download
    Repalce Starter Skin and Wepon for Canday Barbarian, Shadome Helm

Click Here

Supprt List
    (Let me know if I miss you)

1.Arnoxuz
    2.FireflyArc
    3.Ahhdumb
    4.CharlieGunz
    5.spar13
    6.Mikz
    7.ZevalhuaBWZ
    8.Kyoshira
    9. InfineonJ
    10.Celeress
    11.Brian
    12.Cougarkillz
    13.Asura
    14.Sao2g
    15.Riahlea
    16.w00ngy
    17.TheUnknown
    18.Variableingwer
    19.UndeadBreezze
    20.UndeadBreezze
    21.Lightraider
    22.Stealth545
    23.Zeddurax
    24.Nyanta
    25.Zipperumpazoo
    26.Xans
    27.Onikrex
    28.Maneledo
    29.Screamheart
    30.BlazenTorch
    31.Rock Hawk
    32.Alethi
    33.MiszterSoul
    34.Zenahk
    35.TheGiv32
    36.Palurian
    37.Qbthulhu
    38.SnowSnailOnaBoa
    39.Dukehenrypotato
    40.Carnivore
    41.AlecoX
    42.Luxiyon
    43.Mioure
    44.Solipso
    45.Ronald0806
    46.darquewaters
    47.BlazenTorch
    48.Lenzsio
    49.Zoe
    50.Tillmook
    51.Beefaroo
    52.Duong
    53.Anubiran
    54.Stinger
    55.Monkeyman
    56.Balthier
    57.nimu
    58.Cocatox
    59.LazyKyu
    60.Howell
    61.Chronik
    62.King IT
    63.Monkeyman
    64.ZerkReaper
    65.Dhyn
    66.Mdubz
    67.TeetoKun
    68.DarkHeat Anstance
    69.Mouse
    70.Leodred
    71.Nullz
    72.Claire
    73.MrKrelle
    74.FuzzyDerp
    75.sciacc
    76.Mikabella
    77.CaboSoul
    78.Astrick
    79.Sashii
    80.Tribalflame
    81.Kimahso
    82.Jonikalus
    83.Asylvea
    84.Monkeyman
    85.ZevalhuaBWZ
    86.Bowserruler
    87.windows69
    88.Kayzheox
    89.Jboundfly
    90.Apexcape
    91.FleepReactor

That's all, I will be very appreciate if you can post a screenshot or leave a comment here! Everyone on support list will get a code if the skin actually get in game!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow... looks very dark and has fitting vfx, spooOOOoooky
    I like it though, the only thing I don't really like 100% is the ult drop spear thing, it looks a bit like a one-eyed squid xD nice work on the costume itself and the vfx tho, it has a unique feel to it
    "you can't see me" -John Cena

This looks awesome..+1

:O This is amazing! I love the helmet that covers one side of the face and those VFX <3 and the Lore! my goodness it's all so perfect I do have to ask why the eye design though? if it was Sun vs Moon wouldn't a full moon be more appropriate?
    In Game Name : FireflyArc

Really nice!

Though I would like to see some purple accents on VFX. You know, just to match eye color.
    "When everything changes, nothing changes."

Processed Trickster
    Cyborg Captain

All i got to say is, Hell effing yeah! Thank you for making the candy barb look mean like he should be. And with the name god eater you can't hate on that, very nice job!
    IGN: Ozarka

looks like a spooky black squid

I like the theme. The ghost fit very well with the look and feel. Awesome job!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoxuz View Post
    wow... looks very dark and has fitting vfx, spooOOOoooky
    I like it though, the only thing I don't really like 100% is the ult drop spear thing, it looks a bit like a one-eyed squid xD nice work on the costume itself and the vfx tho, it has a unique feel to it
    Hmm...I will think about how to improve ult drop, it do look a one-eyed squid more than a spear...
    Thanks for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by FireflyArc View Post
    :O This is amazing! I love the helmet that covers one side of the face and those VFX <3 and the Lore! my goodness it's all so perfect I do have to ask why the eye design though? if it was Sun vs Moon wouldn't a full moon be more appropriate?
    Eyes is morstly becuse my personal preference xD
    Beside, I want to create a " chimera soldier / alien creature" style in this costumes, and I think eyes is a good element to achieve this effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdumb View Post
    All i got to say is, Hell effing yeah! Thank you for making the candy barb look mean like he should be. And with the name god eater you can't hate on that, very nice job!
    Thanks for your support <3
    It's very fun to make candy barb look dark and evil!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieGunz View Post
    looks like a spooky black squid
    Hmmm...maybe change the helmet can make it less like a squid...though I really like the way the helmet and its tentacle is now.

I like the concept of this costume here, one thing I'd like to see improved is the VFX not being totally black at least grey or lighter shade of black, and the swords more menacing/perhaps more voxels than the open space in between.

Great Job for the version 1 so far!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast