+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trove is is dying.

The pattern of clubs becoming very inactive has started around the middle of 2019. Several clubs that I am in have all started that around the same time. That includes a club with over 700 members. The servers have been lagging more for weeks if not months. At times, if I run over the same area three times or more to try and get somewhere, then I simply quit the game for the day. There are many bugs that also have not been dealt with and I really do not see them ever being fixed.

As stated by others, the developers need to communicate with their players as I see done by many indie game developers. Project managers often just have particular things that they want or some higher up wants, but that does not mean that the players want those things.
    Founder and president of Hell in a cell.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyGoBadukWeiqi View Post
    Maybe a badge or something for new bosses and titan souls? I guess that could work. For sure they have to stop putting new gear, new gems and damage increasing stuff into the game. We are in a multiplicative system so each addition only adds to the insanity of increasing damage. Damage really should have been formatted in some way as linear function.
    That badge is being implemented in PTS. I think the new update (whenever it arrives) has promise to keep people who are already committed engaged but it needs some heavy tuning. There has been almost no dev feedback on the PTS threads which as lead to a lack of confidence that these issues will be addressed before release.

My thoughts are if the company doesn't require it. Why would they? These 'community managers' are essentially a joke. They seem to spend approximately 10-15min a week on the forums judging by their posts. The lack of messaging has been an issue before the transition and worsened.

This is what happens when the game is so heavily focused on monetary gain versus customer experience. There are a number of industry standards to monitor customer experience. If they had, then they could identify at least a few things quickly to improve those metrics.

Trove is indeed dying. You can no longer import your accont over to the pts server to test the game. You have to start anew if you dont already have one. How can you test new content designed for endgame players if you have to start from scratch? Also, no release date for the into the deep update? Doesn't that seem a little odd? I could be wrong but I am certain there is a massive decline in the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerlock View Post
    You can no longer import your accont over to the pts server to test the game.
    Players don't need to test content if there isn't new content - Gamigo probably

agreed

im not here to talk about the bug im still having after a few days, i just left a thread earlier.
    i agree with you and they aren't caring for their community with trove its clear to me that they don't really care about us because they never replied to my thread i made a day ago about a really big issue with the client.

Quote Originally Posted by vertexx View Post
    im not here to talk about the bug im still having after a few days, i just left a thread earlier.
    i agree with you and they aren't caring for their community with trove its clear to me that they don't really care about us because they never replied to my thread i made a day ago about a really big issue with the client.
    Dude this thread is over a year old. The forums themselves are dead enough nobody complained about your necro for over a week.

If they add additional boss kill badges jsut further proof of their laziness. Worst badge idea in trove, do better. Not like I login for more than market updates and to chat with people these days. 6-10k food for the new banners was a good laugh too. It's easy to tell when the devs have no clue, they always resort to something that takes forever.

Market manipulated by a few handfuls of people, still no meaningful group content (delves are so poorly done it's not funny. how do you steal an idea similar to greater rifts in D3 then populate rooms with 1 mob? stupid.), entire areas and stuff absolutely not relevant past acquiring the mastery, geode is a pallete nightmare, I could go on. This is why I don't spend money, and barely play past listing market stuff these days. Trove is not fun anymore, and that's a shame, becasue it used to be a blast.

I am pretty sure they already have that in consideration and there is really no need of throwing more wood to the fire. All games eventually start dying. Players eventually get bored and move on to another game. Even some of the top games out there are being called out "dead.'' The demand gets higher and higher as the years go. Trove isn't very popular but it is one of the best building sandbox games with blocks out there. Not to say that it is also free and allows players to mod. Some games don't allow it because they lose money and it can be used to exploit the game. I am pretty sure some of you are aware of this.

@Veretexx
    Use Support Ticket instead. Threads aren't meant to solve bugs.
    If it the ticket takes long, just write another ticket. I don't doubt tickets get lost because of players spamming.
    Good luck o/

vertexx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast