+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trove is is dying.

Trove is dying.

Sorry for the sinserity, I've been playing this game since the release of "closed beta" and since I have been gradually following all the growth process that this game has had, developers have come out, others have come in, bugs have always been present in this game as any other game will ever have. . That said, I've never seen such a lack of consideration for the community that Trove is currently in.

There is no interaction with the developers and their audience today, the game was much smaller than it is today and even when it was small, the developers were keen to get feedback from the players and you could feel that feedback being effectively applied to the game. . There are no excuses for Trove's situation today, it is simply out of the company's commercial interest view. All Gamigo cards to the community were just that, cards, nothing that's actually been applied to them in the game so far

You can say that the team is currently small and that there is no way to bring absurd things into the game, which in case we know is not true, we can see old numbers of the state of the game and how it grows to the current state.

Gamigo, you are currently killing the game and it is on purpose that anyone who has ever worked with game development knows how to interpret the current situation. Be honest with your community, as Trove is one of the few games where community interaction makes direct contact with game content, PVP and Dungeon arena builds, character skins, mods that help improve mechanics within the game. game, visual mods and many other things.

There are a multitude of things that the players themselves have brought into this game that are now part of every player's daily life. You no longer bother to reap what your own audience does and bring it to the game intelligently. If there's any greater disregard than ignoring the community's help in keeping the game alive, I simply don't know.

Be honest with your audience, they deserve it, Trove has grown up with many players and is DIRECTLY part of the lives of an absurd amount of players, try to answer people's feedback as a person, not as a company.

I mean they are kiling the fun not the game. I'd still play it if it was broke- oh but wait it is.
    IGN : azekill_DIABLO

Banned
    Clearly Trove has a cult following or this game after 2 years of blanket neglect would have 0 people playing.
    Not one person currently working on trove understands Trove or they do and are killing the game for reasons unknown to me.
    2 years ago I was convinced someone on the inside was sabotaging every update with things that cost revenue lose. Then the buyout happened.

The last year every clear easy to implement revenue stream was missed.

They have left millions of cash so easy to grab left to be spent on other titles. Leaving this easy money is why trove is already done.
    Trove is not going to die. It's over.
    Unless they have some huge update they have been working on ready to launch where's the money coming from?

How to save Trove.
    Invest some cash in a person who understands how to make trove profitable. Clearly not 1 person who is managing content has a proper direction to turn it around....
    Levi update then 6 months of us hoping. Then GG.

I guess we'll wait and see what the Community Managers have to say in this thread. Their assurances will be interesting.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    I guess we'll wait and see what the Community Managers have to say in this thread. Their assurances will be interesting.

Our current CMs are great hard working people I'm sure. They know very little about trove though and even less about the last few years of the decline and why it has happened.

From the free year of patron given to half the ps4 community to the billions in flux handed out to top p2w people in error or the duping issues just to name a few of the dozen of things that have lead us to today, They know very little about them let alone the effects these had on the game.
    They clearly don't know they are missing out on key revue streams even without big updates.
    I have on at least 5 occasions stopped and grabbed a PS4 card to buy items this last year and every single time I was surprised I was able to hand the card off to someone as Trove missed a easy cash grab.
    Without money... Trove is dead. They are not even picking up the money people are trying to give them let alone the hard to get money...
    What can they say?

Trion devs always put relationships first. They formed a bond with the community and then when they screwed things up (which was a LOT), it wasn't so bad because they seemed more like our friends than just people providing us with a service. Trion's success was in the way they treated the community and they were easily forgiven for all the problems.

Gamigo does not interact with us at all. They made their intention very clear in the community letter which stated they would hold off on communicating with us until their PR people made sure the spin they put on their words was just they way they wanted it. The company seems to be afraid of misstating anything. Perhaps that's a big cultural difference between German developers vs US developers. I don't know. I do know I miss the friendliness and forgivable nature of Trions team.

When Gamigo screws up, there's no one to forgive. Just a cold "company" that seems to only care about technical details than the people who pay them. If they should learn anything from the past, it's not from where Trion screwed up, it should be from where Trion succeeded.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Also

Agree that gamigo doesn't seem to get the game. I think all they really need to do to cause a huge spike in number of users for several of months or more is two things. 1. A minor rework on a few of the troubled classes [boomber, TR, pick one or two more] so that people have interest in playing those. 2. Create a couple of new classes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyGoBadukWeiqi View Post
    Agree that gamigo doesn't seem to get the game. I think all they really need to do to cause a huge spike in number of users for several of months or more is two things. 1. A minor rework on a few of the troubled classes [boomber, TR, pick one or two more] so that people have interest in playing those. 2. Create a couple of new classes.
    16 classes at 30k pr. nothing would make me do current content on any of them.
    been doing the same dungeons for years.
    Game needs a huge update to save it. that's not coming.

Only thing that can save trove is a huge end game update that is geared to maxed dps... We were killing dotm at 10k pr... we're 34k and fighting same boss..

Maybe a badge or something for new bosses and titan souls? I guess that could work. For sure they have to stop putting new gear, new gems and damage increasing stuff into the game. We are in a multiplicative system so each addition only adds to the insanity of increasing damage. Damage really should have been formatted in some way as linear function.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast