+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gems aka Stupidly fast powercreep?

Gems aka Stupidly fast powercreep?

I had my boomranger from 3 years ago, with old stats, so a 400 PR at lvl 16... I didn't have any gems when I came back.

But now I started equipping gems. In one day my character got from 400PR to 4000PR. I was at uber-2 now I can go up to uber-7... Why are gems so heckin powerful? You barely need good stuff, gems made my life total multiply by 16!

Explain me!

(also on a sidenote I have a lot of magic attack stat on a boomranger, it's useless right? Then how to remove gems without Breaking them?)
    IGN : azekill_DIABLO

Well uber 7 was endgame before gems, gems just help with ultra towers, uber 8/9 plus with topside that adds onto the difficulty. Early game was made a little easier to appeal to those who thought the starter grind was to much an stop playing. It makes people feel good at the start :]

Quote Originally Posted by azekill_DIABLO View Post
    Then how to remove gems without Breaking them?)
    You need a Regemerator from the store, or 2 for empowered gems, then you can unsocket them and put them into your inventory. As long as you have enough, you simply click and drag the gem out.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by XxJoExX0 View Post
    Well uber 7 was endgame before gems, gems just help with ultra towers, uber 8/9 plus with topside that adds onto the difficulty. Early game was made a little easier to appeal to those who thought the starter grind was to much an stop playing. It makes people feel good at the start :]
    I mean yeah. I literrally skipped 3 uber levels entierly. THat's a bit too fast of a grind

@Summer Haas : thanks a lot, I just found you had to buy them from the shop and not buy it somewhere else!

(also on a sidenote I have a lot of magic attack stat on a boomranger, it's useless right? Then how to remove gems without Breaking them?)

PD classes won't utilize MD, and vice versa.

You can "overwrite" one gem with another (drag the new one onto the slot with a gem) - you'll lose the old one, but save the cubits on a re-gemerator.
    As there's no point in unsocketing low-tier gems, do the replacing on gems with up to stellar rarity. Always unsocket empowered gems, even if a gem is bad, and you don't need it, even if it's lvl 1 - you'll get emp. gem frags from loot collecting it, and then you can craft a stellar empowered gem box using 10 of these frags.

IGN: Vitalius
    Quote Originally Posted by ExolonKnight View Post
    Well the way your servers are no one can actually tell the difference between a DDos attack and Lag.
    As the lag is so prevalent for past 3+ years no one notices because Trove acts like normal like a Whale
    Swimming through the Sahara desert i.e. bloody slow as F..... lag is 24/7 so I for one can't tell the difference ... even Runescape servers make Trove ones look like true, true Potatoes..)

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalius View Post
    You can "overwrite" one gem with another (drag the new one onto the slot with a gem) - you'll lose the old one, but save the cubits on a re-gemerator.
    As there's no point in unsocketing low-tier gems, do the replacing on gems with up to stellar rarity. Always unsocket empowered gems, even if a gem is bad, and you don't need it, even if it's lvl 1 - you'll get emp. gem frags from loot collecting it, and then you can craft a stellar empowered gem box using 10 of these frags.
    I actually bought the re-gemerators and unsocketed one my two magic damage empowered gem and lot collected it. Got so much water gem powder thing idk how to spend it. But Thanks for the tip on the regular gem, I see why it's not Worth it. Thanks for the tips!

I actually bought the re-gemerators and unsocketed one my two magic damage empowered gem and lot collected it. Got so much water gem powder thing idk how to spend it. But Thanks for the tip on the regular gem, I see why it's not Worth it. Thanks for the tips!
    You will use tons of dust to upgrade and augment your gems to get them to level 25 and 100% on the stats. Two empowered gems is just a drop in the ocean of dust that you will need.

I sadly realised it, i'm still searching a way to replace my empowered gems though… any idea on how to get my hands on some very quickly?

Well, the suggested way to get empowered gems is through crafting Empowered Gem Boxes with Lunar Souls (once-per-week rewards from Shadow Tower). With 2500+ PR, you qualify for entry into the Hard difficulty of Daughter of the Moon, so you can get 3 Lunar Souls per week (or 6/9 if you do it on Monday). Each Lunar Soul can craft 1 Empowered Gem Box, so that's potentially 9 boxes per week if you do it with Patron on Monday.

Once you have the ability to put some power on some classes, check the weekly class contests (hotkey K) for the three classes being rewarded that week. Each of those classes that you have at 2500+ PR at the end of the week gets you 4 Empowered Gem Boxes. Also check the other weekly contests that are tracking some stat, like boxes opened this week or world bosses killed this week. There are two stat contests run every week (selected randomly from a pool) and if you rank in the top 2500 players in that contest it gets you another Empowered Gem Box.

There are other ways to empowered gems, too, but these are less often tapped into for various reasons.

- You can craft Stellar Empowered Gem Boxes if you have 10 empowered fragments from turning in empowered gems at the Loot Collector. These are guaranteed to be a stellar quality empowered gem from any of the four elements. Course, you have to get empowered gems you don't want first in order to get at this box.
    - You can buy Gem Booster Boxes from the Shop, which rarely contains an Empowered Gem Box. There are sales of these for both Cubits and Credits (if buying with Credits, look for the bundles with good value). I don't usually aim to recommend this as Cubits should be going towards certain other things first (*cough* Death Defying Vial) and Credits are a real-money currency that I think should go towards things obtainable only through Credits.
    - You can buy Radiant Empowered Gem Boxes from club merchants in any club that has a Tier 3 Traveling Merchant fixture (requires club level 5+). This runs you 1200 adventurine and always yields a radiant quality empowered gem. Similarly not recommended as (1) the merchant sells other stock, including fragments for two dragons and (2) even after you buy all that stock some 190k-ish adventurine later, you can still make that adventurine into clubits and donate to help your club(s) out. Not to mention (3) with the upcoming update there'll be a couple other uses for adventurine too, namely buying strongbox keys if you're not swimming in enough resources to dump into donation machines en masse.

Lastly, with empowered gems, you absolutely want your empowered gems to start with three stats at level 1. If the gem starts with only 2 types of stats on it, then your gem would skip the stat boost at level 5 just to add the third stat, and there's no way to fix that missing boost. Lesser gems were once susceptible to this same behavior, but since the gem rework in the Crystal Combat update about a year ago, all lesser gems now roll 3 starting stats, with one of them guaranteed to be a type of damage (PD or MD). That same update made it easier to level up gems too, to the point where gem boosters were no longer as mandatory to prevent costly cracking. Here is what I personally do regarding boosters on leveling my gems now:

Levels 1-15: No booster
    Levels 15-20: Horseshoe
    Levels 20-23: Luckbug
    Levels 23-25: Ninth Life

If I'm swimming in boosters, I start the Horseshoes and Luckbugs about 2 levels earlier, but keep Ninth Life's starting point the same at 23.

Hope all of this helps! If you want to whisper me in-game for more questions, feel free. ^_^

Thanks a lot!

I had found the first method and I admit I Always loved farming shadow towers so it's a fun way to get a good amount of gems. I got 5 this Week, one of them was really great and helped me a lot!

I didn't know about the other methods in detail, that's very interesting, I might start looking into that stuff too, I have a lot of unused cubits.

Thanks also for the details about identifying a good gem and upgrading them, I sure did mistakes

Again thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread