+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Potential Resolution - Stuck in Login Screen

Potential Resolution - Stuck in Login Screen

Hello Everyone,

I see there are a lot of players (and devs/community managers etc) who are unaware of how to resolve this issue so I would like to post how to resolve it... If this doesn't work or if you know of additional ways to fix this bug please post so that more players can get help.

The issue is that you logged out in an area that will not allow you to log back in. This is also the case if you join a world that force crashes you.

Fix 1: Instead of trying to login at the start screen you need to join on a friend/person currently playing through invitation, groups, steam/psn community. This makes you spawn away from the glitched world/area/whatever and lets you back into the game.

Additional ideas are welcome, and if this helped you please comment.

I have tried this multiple times and it does not work.

I have heard that something similar to this works on consoles, but it does NOT work on the PC. The game doesn't see you as logged in yet (you're stuck at the AS:Login screen afterall), so you don't show up on anyone's friends list to invite you, you can't get to your own friend's list to join on them, you can't type in a /joinworld command... basically you can't do anything. This isn't something the end user can resolve.
    IGN: Wyndsong

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I have heard that something similar to this works on consoles, but it does NOT work on the PC. The game doesn't see you as logged in yet (you're stuck at the AS:Login screen afterall), so you don't show up on anyone's friends list to invite you, you can't get to your own friend's list to join on them, you can't type in a /joinworld command... basically you can't do anything. This isn't something the end user can resolve.
    So on PC if you're in the start screen of the game and you receive a game invite from a friend and use that to login to the game... it doesn't work? Like you have to accept the invite and it with automatically start loading into the game for you. For clarity, my suggestion was not talking about the in-game friends list. I was referring to steam friends or psn friends etc.

Confirmed that this does work on console... long as they have the servers plugged in ... If this does not work on PC then hopefully someone has another suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrawnis View Post

Confirmed that this does work on console... long as they have the servers plugged in ... If this does not work on PC then hopefully someone has another suggestion.
    I'm on PSN and this does not work for me and a few others. Lucky for you I suppose.

Possible Solution to Stuck Login bug

I thought I forgot my password or something so I went to Glyph online and changed/updated my password and I was able to login. Later on in the day, I was logged out and got the same Login bug again. I decided to change my password again to see if it would work and it actually did. Although this solution works it's a bit annoying to do each time I get logged out or after maintenance...

+ Reply to Thread