+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Came back after a 3 years hiatus!

Smile Came back after a 3 years hiatus!

Just came back after a little while off the game (steam had imploded with 90% of my game files and I was too lazy to reinstall the game).

I'm impressed by the fact my acount is the same as I left it and that the game seems to be running fine still.

Can someone recap me what has changed, because, except the fact this forum seems a bit emptier than I remember it, too much has chnaged for me to recognize…

thanks

Well, Trion Worlds no longer owns their games. They sold their company to Gamigo. (which was the worst idea)
    Since Trion no longer owns the game, the game has been moving at a slower pace in updates, bug fixes, etc.
    There are some new stuff, but don't expect much.

welcome to the game, azekill_DIABLO and bear the pain of Gamigo !

2016, huh?

So ,,Gems" are probably new to you and you most likelly think that 2000 Power Rank is Endgame.

You should check out this to learn about the update that introduced gems. Also known as ,,Mantle of Power"
    https://trovesaurus.com/page=1646/ma...f-power-update

In a nutshell, following happened:

-Gems exist now, a great new p2w system that allows you to finally spend thousands of hours into mindless grinding or pay away to victory, hooray!
    (additional note: this effictivelly eliminated your ability to have multiple mains since you can not just switch gems on the fly like you could do with epquipment)

-Fae got reworked (glitterbombs stun now instead of knocking away enemies)

-2 new classes: Dino Tamer and Vanguardian

-Ice Sage got reworked (2 and 1 ability switched. You can freeze enemies now each 10 seconds, while your shield became an indestructible buff ability)

-Revenant got reworked (health is no longer favorable in Rev, just go full dps glass cannon on him...)

-Dracolyte got reworked (you can make ice non-slippery)

-Subclasses got added that add passive effects and stats

-New ring boxes and the new highest tier of rings is ,,Stellar Level 5"

-A new rarity bayond shadow gear: Radiant
    -> another new rarity bayond radiant: Stellar
    -> -> another 3 new rarities bayond Stellar (called Crystal, Crystal Level 2 and Crystal Level 3), which can no longer be crafted out of previous rarities and also can not be upgraded amongst themselves. You have to drop them directly (hooray, forced p2w via dragons)

-You can no longer upgrade low rarities into shadow gear, but you can still upgrade shadow into radiant and into stellar

-New game mode: Geode Caves along with Geode Cave Mastery

-Now a practically unlimited mastery level. No mastery level cap anymore

-Old pvp is not supported anymore
    -> instead we got this ,,Bomber Royal" mode that barely anyone even plays (pretty often, someone just enters with an army of alts just to get a match started)

-Portal Tower in Hub is gone. Instead there is an ,,Atlas" to join worlds. (Press Ctrl+A to enter a world anywhere)

-New tutorial

-New type of worlds: Lava, Sky, Water, Geode surface, Everdark

-New Shadow Tower difficulty: Ultra Mode

-2 new ST bosses were added between Pinata God and Daughter of the Moon

-All old Chaos Chests are worth a ton of flux now, since newly obtained chaos chests are no longer tradeable, nor their items insode those.

-There are now more legendary tomes than common tomes

-Movement Speed is now a stat that people actually want

-Neon City rework with Rampage happening there

-Club Level System with Adventurine and quests added (which will be reworked with next update)

-Trion Worlds was sold to Gamigo

-Gardening Update that allows you to trade certain ressources into other ressources via Gardening Simulating plants (You have shapestone and infinium, but you need formicite? No problem!)

-Plasmafishing happened

-New Biom: Forbidden Spires (chinese themed Dungeons)

-New Biom: Jurrassic Jungle (dinosaurier/praehistorical themed)

-There are no more Developer Livestreams

-Avarem, Twixler and Dopesheet are no longer employed for Trove

-Biom Crafting Benches are back!

-New Loot Collector system

-Picking up items works now by holding down E

-And the most important change of all: Fae clones now say ,,Fae" when you create them and ,,Rrrading" at respawning!!!

5.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #5
    Community Manager
    Nice to have you back, Trovian

@wish :
    That's so unfortunate to hear D: I liked what they were doing with the game… I hope gamigo will not go full p2w

@DavidMurray ; @Bodhi : thanks a lot

@HolyAlexanderNULL :
    Can't believe you took the time to detail all changes, that's so nice! thanks a lot!
    Yeah, 2016 was another time… I was aware of some class changes as I seen some videos about it during my break for the game… but now so much has changed! Seems like the game is going full p2w, it's the most distinctive thing I seen when restarting the game, things about new money, new premium credits and packs to buy everywhere!
    I still need to play more to make my opinion on all the changes, my fav one would be the loot collector so far… and the class changes are pretty decent I guess.

Thanks again all! I'm glad to see trove's community is still has nice has it was!

Trove is by no means Pay to Win. First of all, Win what exactly??? There isn't anything in Trove to Win, so how can you pay to win if there is no Win?

Some players that I have talked to about P2W in the past define it that if you spend a penny on the game, then your P2W. But I don't agree with that definition. Spending money does not mean that it is P2W.

Trove is what I call pay to advance faster. If you want to spend the time and effort, you can do everything in the game without spending a penny on the game. But that is one reason why Trion is now owned by Gamigo. When no one wants to support the games and calls it P2W when you do support the game, well then what do you expect to happen?

Also, Wish doesn't have it quite right. Trion did not sell to Gamigo, Gamigo bought the Intellectual property rights to the Trion titles.

In reviewing Holy's post, he didn't mention the Crystal Tier of gear that drops in Geode Topside, or the Cosmic Gems that also drop in Topside.

I also do not agree with his assessment about not being able to have multiple mains. I have all classes over 25K PR, and 6 over 30K PR. Yes, you can't just switch gear anymore to keep one set of gear swapped between all classes, but that doesn't mean that you cant have multiple mains. It just takes longer to get everything geared up.

If you can stand the fact that your advancement is based on RNG luck, and the endless grind, then Trove isnt a bad MMO to waste your time on. All MMO's are designed to be time wasters.

Welcome back, and I hope that you have fun playing Trove, because having fun is what it is all about while you are wasting your entertainment time. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvik View Post
    In reviewing Holy's post, he didn't mention the Crystal Tier of gear that drops in Geode Topside, or the Cosmic Gems that also drop in Topside.
    Actually I mentioned crystal gear. I did just not name it. I will edit the name though:

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlexanderNULL View Post
    -A new rarity bayond shadow gear: Radiant
    -> another new rarity bayond radiant: Stellar
    -> -> another 3 new rarities bayond stellar, which can no longer be crafted out of previous rarities. You have to drop them directly (hooray, forced p2w via dragons)

And the fact that Cosmic Gems were added is completelly irrelevant here. There were no gems in 2016 to begin with. So it does not matter if there are 3 new gem coulors or 4 new gem coulors now. In the end it comes down to 'Trove has now gems'.

Trove is by no means Pay to Win. First of all, Win what exactly??? There isn't anything in Trove to Win, so how can you pay to win if there is no Win?

Pay 2 Win is an advantage that you can not at all or only with incredible high efford/time investment reach if you do not spend real money.

Example:

-You literally can not hit top PR ranking if you miss the paid for the pay-only extra mastery, which will in return add PR.

-Top Mastery rank will forever be impossible without paying real money (or using illegal ways that involve ingame trades for real money).
    -There is far too much of a time advantage if you pay. And this is to such extend that a new player did need less than 1 month to actually surpass a f2p friend of mine that did spend 2 years of playing. This friend of mine did quit Trove due to that issue.

I also do not agree with his assessment about not being able to have multiple mains. I have all classes over 25K PR, and 6 over 30K PR. Yes, you can't just switch gear anymore to keep one set of gear swapped between all classes, but that doesn't mean that you cant have multiple mains. It just takes longer to get everything geared up.

See, 2016 was a whole different game. You did not simply play 'one' class, but you had a 'class pool'. A mix of many classes that fit a certain way to play Trove. All classes worked hand in hand and you was constantly switching those to fit the situation.

Needless to say that upgrading only 1 class with the current gem system is already enough of a pain. Even more so to actually take care of more than 1 class.

And a whole pool of classes does not make much sense anymore unless you are endgame and after so many hours of grinding, augmentating, maximizing and perfecting have enough time on your hand to take care of more than 2 classes.

'Switching' an active class now, does realistically involve removing pretty much all gems of a character and transfering them to another. Which will always come with the cost of 500 cubits per class, given that you do not exploit certain bugs.

This is a fee and also a time efford that you can not do just on the fly.

In the end... yes you 'could' have multiple mains if you really wanted to, but this current system does just favor 1 main so much more over multiple.

Exspecially, if you compare it with 2016.

@HolyAlexanderNULL: First of all, let me say thanks for your extensive write up that you did as your initial response to this thread. I forgot to add that to my initial post here.

Now on to the point of this post.

I'm sorry, but I do not agree with your assessment/analysis of the game. There is no NEED for all of the mastery points in this game. You do not need Top Mastery. The content level of Trove right now lags well behind the equipment and Mastery that you can get in this game that contributes to your PR. You can be effective in end game in trove with 25K PR IMO. The top content right now only requires 15K PR to enter. This is less than half of the possible PR in the game. There is no reason for needing top mastery!

Getting to 30K+ PR is great and easily doable by most players without spending a penny on the game. I did it on 4 accounts without spending a penny. Getting to the Maximum mastery (34K+ PR) is not needed. Also there is no point to getting to Max Mastery unless you are a completionist than needs to collect absolutely everything. Looking at your example and your definition fits right in with what I call Pay to Advance Faster, and not Pay to Win as your example states time involved.

When I compare Trove to other MMO's out there, I see blatant Pay to Win mechanics in those games in that you must buy items from the store in order to be able to play at the end game level. Trove does not have anything like that. When you compare Trove to them, I have to say that Trove is one of the furthest from pay to win that you can get in today's MMO market, which is why I really disagree with that P2W label being applied to Trove. It's pay to advance faster, not win.

Gems: I think that if you are only working on one class at a time, that you are doing it wrong. RNG gives you both PD and MD gems, and if you are not working on at least one PD and one MD class at the same time, then IMO your wasting the gems that could have been used on your other classes. Also, if you have to switch gems to play another class, then IMO your doing it wrong.

My experience between May of 2016 (MoP update) and 2019 was the opposite of your experience. In 2016 I was concentrating on my Boomer that was my Main, and getting the Dragons that I needed for mastery points and the stat buffs that they gave. I didn't switch classes because the other classes were not gem'ed and leveled up like my main was. Today, I have the time invested into the game to have multiple "Mains" on multiple accounts. My main account has all classes at 25K+ PR. Six at 30k+ PR. It is so easy to switch classes and be instantly effective now when compared to 2016. but what do you expect with 3 years of game play behind me?

If your talking about a new player and comparing pre-MoP to today, I would also say that a new player today has it much easier than pre-MoP. Getting Gear and XP is too easy today when compared to pre-MoP.

I'm out of time. I know I could go on. but I think you get the points I was trying to make.

I'll chime in on the multiple maxed classes and the pool of classes.

I have 2 maxed and a 3rd close as of last weekend when I finally got tired of being ignored by CS and the CM's here about reimbursing lost patron time because of AS: Login.

Maxed GS for ST bosses only.

Maxed SH for world farming (built for speed because I detest my 33.5k NN)

34k Draco to clear ST to all bosses solo then switch to GS to kill boss.

I have spent money on the game sure, back when I believed in the team and development philosophy which was pre release. (been playing since CB) I am also retired and some days have no problem playing 10+ hrs.

I've also played a lot of alts over the years and I can say it's indeed much easier to level and gear up, gems however are another thing altogether. Gems require a stupid amount of grind and/or a bit of luck.

So a pool of classes for different stuff is still very doable, but it's time consuming.

+ Reply to Thread