Thread: The idea of fighting leviathans is flawed

The idea of fighting leviathans is flawed

Currently you search for a leviathan in a geode topside world, which reminds me of old shadow arenas. That is good. But the problem is with the ability of players to respawn, reflask and teleport back to the boss room. That is completely necessary to do especially since the last update, because u10 leviathans now have the health of 8 and a half or 9 uber-8 leviathans, no way it's getting killed in under 600 seconds unless it's a team of nerds with 6.6k+ light and 7.4m+ coefficient.

My proposition: Make a portal in the biome which requires/doesn't require a key to open, just like in old shadow arenas. Then, the standard boss room rules should apply. (no respawning until boss dead, if all dead - leviathan despawns, if leviathan despawns - flasks get regenerated).

You would have to also balance the dark armor of leviathans and it's damage to the players (or maybe not the damage because there still are tactics that counter that), since you currently can't kill a leviathan without respawning and reflasking, which is pretty bad.

Vocal minority wants hard content, and devs want to stretch out 'content' by making 2 to 4 leviathan biomes per world map.

With the U10 boss mechanics as they are, I don't think it's fight is compatible with the high latency nature of a full world map being searched either.
    Oh, and VFXbarf doesn't help with precise boss mechanics.. if no one can see the boss while it's being fired on, how are they supposed to react?
    Have you ever done a daughter of the moon boss fight with gunslingers in your party? you can't make out the boss at all

Quote Originally Posted by jhheight View Post
    Currently you search for a leviathan in a geode topside world, which reminds me of old shadow arenas. That is good. But the problem is with the ability of players to respawn, reflask and teleport back to the boss room. That is completely necessary to do especially since the last update, because u10 leviathans now have the health of 8 and a half or 9 uber-8 leviathans, no way it's getting killed in under 600 seconds unless it's a team of nerds with 6.6k+ light and 7.4m+ coefficient.

My proposition: Make a portal in the biome which requires/doesn't require a key to open, just like in old shadow arenas. Then, the standard boss room rules should apply. (no respawning until boss dead, if all dead - leviathan despawns, if leviathan despawns - flasks get regenerated).

You would have to also balance the dark armor of leviathans and it's damage to the players (or maybe not the damage because there still are tactics that counter that), since you currently can't kill a leviathan without respawning and reflasking, which is pretty bad.
    I agree with jhheight, there should be portal in the biome, with standard shadow tower rules and also with ability to kick players for the one player who opened portal.

We had a succesful attempt of u10 levi yesterday with 4/8 people damaging levi (all 4, +5,5k light and +600 trove mastery) with all the chaos and respawning it took us about 450-500s. The damage reduction of levis (dark) should be tweaked or there wouldn't be any hope for 8 not end-game people to kill u10 levi in time.

Also as Lunar said there is significant decrease of levi biomes per 1 world.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffinnek View Post
    The damage reduction of levis (dark) should be tweaked or there wouldn't be any hope for 8 not end-game people to kill u10 levi in time.
    maximizing light over coef seems to be what the focus is, here's a post on that
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...l=1#post825546