+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making sense of Alchemy Plants in Going Green

Making sense of Alchemy Plants in Going Green

I was curious how to gather a bunch of cookie musk for the next update, perhaps for new-ish players hoping to claim the new set of habitat rares.

Well, these are the figures (imgur.com) without factoring in the cost of golden watering cans, which the market seems pretty empty of.

I'd like to hear your take on the current state of this 'gardening 2.0' profession.

I'd say..
    if Gardener took into account the rarity of Formicite&Infinium into account it might be viable
    if Greenthumb took into account Geode stuff doesn't have infinite bag space, the crystal output looks great
    if Botanist had any real market sinks it could be nice
    if Tiers above Gardener had a much higher refuse output for the required Moonlight Temper
    if Superior Heaps dropped Moonlight Temper like it says it does on the box, without reducing the chance of cookie musk

The ROI on time spent gathering moonbulbs is negative for every tier here when it comes to flux over time. It may be par or positive for Greenthumb in terms of crystals compared to hunting down dense crystal lairs.

Personally, I don't bother much with gardening anymore. While it was a decent source of certain materials early on, the changes to bobble pods (especially the removal of drops from grass) made it less worthwhile and way more expensive to maintain in the long run, and the changes to refuse drops (with superior refuse dropping in much lower amounts in lower tier plants, and not in proportionally larger amounts from higher tier plants) made compost crafting a lot more expensive. The changes you suggested would be a good start, but I feel like it could even go a little further with either increase material returns from plants or decreasing material costs to craft seeds.

Harvest day 1/5 of 72 plants.

Really take another look at letting geode stuff into the materials tab.

I'm just fretting the grind for habitats, of my 30mil flux profit from flipping market during the launch of gardening update, I spent at least 20mil towards getting mats to make habitats in communal areas for the allies. Not going to have that influx to do it again. Also won't be able to have mega gardens with 10k plants either... If everyone pulls together we will likely overcome it still but at what cost, AT WHAT COST?!?!?!

Its for this reason I bought extra golden companion eggs during black friday luxion. In the event that they ever try to add content to geode caves in the form of allies.... i will be ready! I can't do geode caves again, still have ptsd from the last time. There's no progression in it, it was pure RNG fest.

Banned
    1. Habitats I think are designed for clubs to make not individual players, that being said cookie and moonlight should have been able to be donated like clubits to the club bank.
    The club bank is such a under used fixture, I'd like to see everything added to the club bank that's a material.

2. Having just about everything involved in gardening that can be grown either having multiple areas to farm or just useless in general will never make this job profitable. once option A becomes to costly people just go to option B, increasing yeild does not fix this it just lowers the value more of the product but not the materials needed operate.
    If Alchemy had a off product such as a rng chance at a super food? This would be a item with 1 avenue to obtain and potentially add a profit to this job.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniadic View Post
    I'm just fretting the grind for habitats... if everyone pulls together we will likely overcome it still but at what cost, AT WHAT COST?!?!?!
    I've made an announcement on that front at the Gardening Hub (discord), inform the masses

+ Reply to Thread