+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please fix race challenge

Please fix race challenge

Can you fix/ remove the race challenge till fixed. It currently is rubber banding whenever I try to play it since the server move. Another fix for it if you can is to make the rings more visible in the light and dark settings, they are nearly impossible to see where they are in the light/ bright white setting.

Honestly I would love to see the racing challenge completely removed. I've never met another player who even wanted to try it for fun because it is the absolute opposite. Who wants to give something a chance when it's nearly impossible to complete? I haven't done one in ages due to being unable to see the rings to collect them.

It would be wonderful if it were removed, maybe eventually replaced with a new hourly challenge...I think a boat race would be neat, where you collect rings or whatever but that would require every player to have a boat. Maybe when you join a boat race, everyone by default uses the SS Dinghy so there is no issue with being unable to participate.

I hate this racing challenge and want to remove it as mentioned by Female Zombie. well, replacing with a boat race would be a nice idea, appreciate it.

As the only person on Trove that actually likes the race challenges, I will admit that the default settings in the game do not allow you to even see the rings. The background in the world is too bright and the rings are invisible against it. Honestly, all that needs to be done is set the time in the challenge to always be night or just remove the background all together.

I also enjoy the racing challenge, but there is an important caveat- you need to disable bloom to see the rings again, "/postbloom 0"
    Got my best time down to 1:00 after learning of this fix, myself.

Used to be fine with bloom on, but apparently an update at some point broke it, or so I've heard.

+ Reply to Thread