Thread: Light against the new leviathans - FIY

Light against the new leviathans - FYI

Prior to this update hard caps for light were discussed and determined

However, for leviathans those hardcaps do not apply (u8/u9, u10 can't yet reach theirs)

if you wish to max coef&light you can pick up my dmg calc here, and set max light on the equipment tab to y if you wish to see how your gem boost setup is ranked (probably pretty well, no changes needed).

finding these things to get dmg samples in a pain in the neck, unsure if I'll gather samples for the light dmg calc, and which way to sample it that'll make sense.

Made a comparison of maxed light&battler/no light boosts vs maxed light&battler/max light boosts, expect an increase of over 60% in dps if you're on the fence about having a max light cosmic set

..against Leviathans in U10

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    Made a comparison of maxed light&battler/no light boosts vs maxed light&battler/max light boosts, expect an increase of over 60% in dps if you're on the fence about having a max light cosmic set

..against Leviathans in U10
    Awesome, ty for running the numbers. I suspected that it will be a few major updates before light would be devalued in lieu of another stat. I'm revising what class to take to tackle the new boss as I was mangled as a melee w/ it's death defying avoidance attacks.

Draco was as close as I could get realistically but still couldn't reach to damage without being in dragon form. Looks like stacking range would be most optimal with a Draco using minions to tank or maybe a Rev w/ enough hp to soak that kill spin.

I saw people bomb the floor to lower the boss and prevent melee from getting one-shotted. Maybe that's the viable strat for melee to engage without so much risk of dying.

Still pretty disappointed that crystal rings weren't in this update. I thought that is why we were going to be hunting these things but I guess not.

u9 is gonna take twice as long, u10 maybe 3 times as long in terms of effective health than before

here's another side by side, gotta get that light boost only gem sets! that Battler gem is important too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    u9 is gonna take twice as long, u10 maybe 3 times as long in terms of effective health than before

here's another side by side, gotta get that light boost only gem sets! that Battler gem is important too.
    With this new badge requiring up to 500 leviathans defeated (doesn't matter from which difficulty). This will be the new endgame hunt for the next few months. Has anyone noticed an improvement on the spawnrate of these lairs? Do they realize how much latency will be added to the game if we have to span the map as aggressively as we do now to search for these lairs?

Boss Strategy

Ran against a u10 boss. Can effectively outheal boss's range dmg just using rev subclass on any long range char (ie IS, GS, SH, Fae?, VG?, Chloro?) - of those, Icesage is best suited to drop LL subclass for Rev subclass and use Beserker for inc AS and Light.

All midrange - melee characters are going to be too much of a liability to get oneshot and the dmg lost from death really makes them unfavorable to those building a fast farming group.

Why does a tank matter? wouldn't 8/8 DPS be better? it's because keeping the boss rooted will allow all other dps to position and fight above without having to reposition and miss shots, trove latency is already pretty bad (unless dps is solely using aoe skills to guarantee every shot hits), a rooted boss is the best for consistent dps for any ranged class.