+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bug: Club Quest rewards not rebalanced properly

Bug: Club Quest rewards not rebalanced properly

Quote Originally Posted by PostCard View Post
    Club Adventures
    • The Club Adventure reward cap has been reduced to 20. Rewards have been rebalanced for this change.

• Time: PTS, 28th August 2019.
    • Context: Club Experience does not scale properly to compensate for the drastically decreased number of completable club quests per day. In fact, Exp is completelly stagnant at 300 club exp per club quest.
    • Expected: More rare NPCs give accordingly more Club exp with completion. Going by the common NPC giving 300 Club exp, I expected all NPC give double the amount of Club Exp than they gave Adventurine. Meaning common 300, uncommon 400, rare 500, etc...
    • Observed: I did test following quests with following rewards today:
      • Common
        • Chief Brosquatch, 15 Permafrost dungeons, common, 300 Club Exp, 150 Adventurine
        • Cardinal Richemelieu, 15 Candoria dungeons, common, 300 Club Exp, 150 Adventurine
      • Uncommon
        • Katonnis, 15 Dragonfire Peaks dungeons, uncommon, 300 Club Exp, 200 Adventurine
        • Neologus, 15 dungeons in Neon City and/or Luminopolis, uncommon, 300 Club Exp, 200 Adventurine
      • Rare
        • Mysterious Champion, 1 Bomber Royale win or 100k damage in Bomber Royale, rare, 300 Club Exp, 250 Adventurine
    • Additional note: It is very difficult to test certain things properly on PTS.
      • As one example, it took a very long time and a lot of begging until there had been enough people inside Bomber Royale until a match could be started. Luckily I won this for the sake of testing this quest.
      • Another thing is that there are almost no level 10 clubs on PTS and that the portal house at the Hub does not work (aside of entering random clubs) - which makes it very difficult to even find clubs that have quests to begin with.

Someone just complained my post for being "assumption" on the new club adventures.
    But how on earth to test club adventures properly especially when most Trovians are continue their grind in Trove normal server. Oof.

I am not sure are they intended to make the exp amount being fixed since they... might try to make quests more encouraging for newb/casual players to look at. But think again, 1 hour Ganda joke with same exp, along with 20 max limit, such a tease.

The way this will cap the Adventurine you can get daily is absurd. Not only do you need Adventurine for the Traveling Merchant items if you don't hav the already (imagine trying to buy the dragon eggs you need with this new low daily cap), but clubs need people to convert them to Clubits to pay for Fixtures. The the new box/keys they added will require Adventurine as well, taking away from the already limited supply. If the amount of adventures that can be completed per day is being reduced by ten fold, then the rewards should be increased much more than just double/triple (or whatever they are).

Quote Originally Posted by ODemiurgeO View Post
    The way this will cap the Adventurine you can get daily is absurd. Not only do you need Adventurine for the Traveling Merchant items if you don't hav the already (imagine trying to buy the dragon eggs you need with this new low daily cap), but clubs need people to convert them to Clubits to pay for Fixtures. The the new box/keys they added will require Adventurine as well, taking away from the already limited supply. If the amount of adventures that can be completed per day is being reduced by ten fold, then the rewards should be increased much more than just double/triple (or whatever they are).
    This! This is the real math. 1/10th reduction in potential needs to at least be compensated 4-5x the current. A legendary quest should be giving over 1k XP. Small clubs w/ 20-50 members should be able to hit XP cap if all are working hard to complete 20 quests a day. Otherwise "raising the cap so that all clubs can get 100k club xp a day, big or small" is just a farce and deceptive in nature.

For clarification: A legendary quest should be giving over 1k XP on saturday. i.e. 300xp should be 1200-1500 xp on saturday and 600-750 on a normal day.

Given that several of the quests have also been changed up in how much you need to do to fulfill them, extra math has to go into this.

----

As an example: Currently, common quests focused on biomes often have us running around defeating 10 / 20 / 30 dungeon bosses for 10 / 20 / 30 adventurine and 50 / 100 / 150 club exp. After the update, it will always be to defeat 15 dungeon bosses for 150 adventurine and 300 club exp. The adventurine reward has definitely scaled up by a factor of 10 ("15 bosses" previously would've only been worth 15 adventurine), but the club exp has only multiplied by a factor of 4 here for the same amount of effort ("15 bosses" would have 75 club exp value).

More examples:

ST quest is unchanged in its requirements
    Current values = 45 adv, 150 club exp
    Revamped values = 250 adv, 300 club exp
    Scaled adventurine up around 5x, club exp up 2x

Chaos Chest quest now only appears as its "collect 1 chest" variant
    Current values = 36 adv, 100 club exp
    Revamped values = 300 adv, 300 club exp
    Scaled adventurine up around 8.5x, club exp up 3x

Gem Box quests have quintupled (x5) their requirements, asking us to collect 25 boxes now
    Base values = 54 adv, 150 club exp
    Current equivalent values after taking into account the requirement increase = 270 adv, 750 club exp
    Revamped values = 300 adv, 300 club exp
    Scaled adventurine to...about the same for the effort invested, and actually slashes club exp gains to 40% of existing rates. Yikes. (This does not take into account fewer world swaps though.)

Magic Find quests have been revamped as well, now asking us to trigger Magic Find 50 times
    Current equivalent values = 240 adv, 500 club exp
    Revamped values = 350 adv, 300 (?) club exp
    Scaled adventurine up about 1.5x (a 50% increase) for the effort invested, but also cuts the club exp gains to 60%. (I haven't done one of these on PTS yet though.)

----

Time itself also has some value, since we're necessarily limited by our life schedules (sleeping at the bare minimum will pull us away, not sure about eating or working but they're generally pretty necessary things too). I do agree that motivations weren't there previously to get newer players in it because of the vast amount of effort needed to really make a dent in some of these daunting numbers, but the higher looking reward values should entice more newbies to engage with the adventure system. The hardcore grinders are unfortunately losing out pretty big here (I calculated that they're losing about a third of their daily gains and that's with conservative estimates on how much their average quests are worth), but maybe they can make up value for it elsewhere with the time saved from not feeling like they have to grind 220 club quests every day.

Oh, and if club exp is the goal here, you can grind past your 20 rewards to get more club exp. That's thankfully still a (much-needed) option. I foresee a lot of ST grinding groups in smaller clubs since that's where I see the potential for huge gains with not a huge amount of effort asked for, and getting that quest isn't terribly hard either since it's Rare quality.

----

That said, limits are probably there more to avoid exploitative behaviors from completely ruining progression, and should NOT be seen as a number all clubs are going to achieve on a daily basis. In fact, you probably won't be seeing very many clubs hit that daily exp cap - how many are even hitting that cap right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Seedlings View Post
    Numbers!

Thank you for providing those numbers and doing some math!

So even if the exp remains the same, it still changes based on the origin value since our current exp is actually less and requires a different amount of enemies/dungeons.

As for testing purpose: What clubs did you use to get those quests? I have less than a handful of clubs that I even know about that have Repose of Heroes.

Please share those clubs with us here
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...0-clubs-on-PTS

+ Reply to Thread