+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trove Club Adventures have been improved?

Trove Club Adventures have been improved?

"Yes! We like it!"
    "Yes! Now I will farm everyday to get those 2 pesky dragons like a piece of cake"

I do want to say, yes? But, I see it in this way instead:
    1) It encourages you to farm Adventurites everyday.
    2) It tries to make NPCs that ask you kill 200, 300 enemies being more.... useful (or "useful").
    3) It does not want people only gather at Ganda NPC and sweep Adventurites like a joke, due to 1 hour before Ganda is "death".
    4) It DOES NOT improve the frustration on having to change world so frequently, not to mention multiple clubs just to take as many quests before the real actions begin.
    5) The most common 4 days when Trovians farm the most Adventurites, ST Day, Gem Day, Adv Day, Loot Day, will now gather less Adventurites than usual. This is due to club adventures limit, new Adventurite amount, RNG time to get new Ganda NPC, new Geode Outpost does not really compensate the amount that the Trovians usually farmed.

Imagine WITHOUT bonus, 60 is the average amount per quest that a Trovian farm before the Into The Deep update:
    60 adv * 100 times = 6000 adv
    (Not to mention you can take, for example, 15 MF, 10MF, ST in ONE run.)

With Into The Deep update, where the Trovian spent similar time as how they finish 100 club quests (ST, MF, Gems), to finish reworked quests where they get an average 250 per run:
    250 adv * 20 times = 5000 adv
    plus Geode 350 adv * 5 = 1750 adv
    (You can only take ST, and ALIVE Ganda's MF in ONE run. Then switch world to kill 200 enemies or come back to do another SINGLE ST again. Despite you only need 20 times before you will done your job, don't get fooled that you farmed a lot than usual.

We still didn't know will the new quests be more frustrated to farm at, such as killing 200/300 enemies. (Pls, it is really... ...) If a Trovian accepted a common NPC kill 200 quest but suddenly a club got a Ganda NPC, shame on them; and even worse after an hour. Also, within the mentioned 4 days, most active Trovians will farm more than said 100 times, which will result more Adventurites than I mentioned.

--------------------------------------

These are the following suggestions that I STRONGLY recommend or considerate:
    1) Common, uncommon NPC won't give quest that is TOO pesky such as "Killing 200, 300 enemies", or a specific enemy that took ages to find. One common reason why Trovian are hating those NPC is because they are too pesky and time consuming for LITTLE reward. This will also encourages a group of dedicated casual Trovians to lv their small club without nightmare.

2) Increase the Club Adventure Limit DURING Thursday; or increase the given Adventurite bonus from 50% (100% with Patron) to 75% (150%).

3) Increase the spawn time of NPCs, especially 1 hour Ganda joke to at least 2, 3 hours. So Trovians are not terrified if a specific club world is full for the first hour. Or introduce separated "Legendary Club Adventure" with 5 as a limit, but increase its reward, and convince Trovians that even an uncommon Adventure is still worth to farm.

4) Trovians can press P > The Gear Icon on their Club > Fixture to accept quest. Yes, accept quest from their own clubs. This give a reason why maxed club got a purpose to use Repose of the Heroes, to benefit their own club member for easy access to precious Adventure such as Ganda's Magic Find. Or anything that make world switching less painful such as:
    - Ganda's 15 MF change to the below
    - Ganda's 15 MF, after it is done, instead of decaying, it is transitioned into Ganda's 20 MF instead. Trovians still cannot accept Ganda's quest until it is cancelled or finished. Once Ganda's 20 MF is done, a new one can be accepted. Trovians have choice to either meet the extra 5 MF as requirement (which is easy with high MF+Patron) but get to stay in same world longer; or suffer through worlds again.

--------------------

Thanks.

It's actually a pretty decent improvement for low level clubs. The rare timer is way too short though for people like me that do these quests every day to feed a few clubs clubits.

this is assuming maintenance even ends tbh

Quote Originally Posted by xXButterButtXx View Post
    this is assuming maintenance even ends tbh
    Yes, it is just an assumption that average Adventurites earned per week will be lower than before, accepting the fact that how most PC Trovians farm Adventurites. (Thanks to Discord Trove Club Quest and many good Trovians in this community) With such changes, the common Adventurites effective farming methods are gonna be change as well.

This is WHY it should be discussed.
    [Especially you CANNOT test everything PROPERLY in PTS]

I personally don't care much about it since I got enough to buy another 2 dragons. But I see many new/casual players are not even donating 100 Clubits, or being able to get 60 000 Adventurites for 1 out of 2 dragons, then complaining "farming adv" is a disaster.

What I care is when I decided to come back Trove after 3 months, I see nothing but a majority of Trovians whine about new system, while they were saying "This is just assumption" during PTS, and no one dare to open proper topic in here.

If you have any opinion about it, please SHARE.
    Do not judge because "this is assuming" and later whine about Trove. This is not very good at all.

So far I do see the dev care about it. But they changed how it will work for future. This is something very concern with active, elder players like me and my friends. They mostly complain as what I said in OP.

I started my club after this "big new club rules" about 1.5-2 years ago. Now it is lvl 8.9 ... yeah, one old ganda quest could make lvl 9 ...

I donated more than 90% of clubits and the leveling was done with Ganda- (MF) and some CC-, BR, Juwelery-quests by people who came from Discord "Trove Club Quests". ST-quests did not work on mondays, because people did not leave an st run for one quest ... anyway, I know other clubs doing the same way ... There was no big problem to get clubits by ONE person, but to level ... There are still a lot new people who think they have to be member of a club to make club-quests ... and still a lot of people who do not know the Discord list ... and why to go into a club world that is not lvl 11 and gives max boni and has hundreds of members and "historically" a lot of truthworthy officers ... ah, not forgetting: the outpost quests gave XP and club-quests this adventurines only, that beginners think they never will get enough for something and where ...

PTS:

Yes, we can not test the new system, because not enough clubs and no Discord list ... does a Ganda quest still exsist? Do club quests give XP to the players? My classes are all lvl 30 so I can not see ...

Anyway, what I saw on PTS: Everywhere outpost quest and for every beginner easy lot of adventurines. And you know: most people just do the "dailies", loggin in for 1-2 hours ... most people will not hit the the quest limits ...

And why should they do a club quest?

Quote Originally Posted by PichuYang View Post
    1) Common, uncommon NPC won't give quest that is TOO pesky such as "Killing 200, 300 enemies",
    looks like they are now complet 15 dungons

With a 1-3hr despawn for gem/ganda having a t3 Repose of Heroes should stop spawing Common/Uncommon hereos,

To address some points in the first post:

Counter-point to suggestion #1 - From my observations thus far, each NPC asking you to grind in specific biomes has essentially the same quest now: "Defeat 15 dungeon bosses in X biome". Rest assured you don't have to hunt lots of enemies, or for specific types of enemies. The rewards for doing this are (in my opinion) good enough that I could see the more casual players actually having some motivation to do these quests.

Agreement with suggestion #2 - Having done some math (which I've posted below), the hardcore players are getting hit for about a third of their potential adventurine gains and this is due to reductions in what they get from clubs. Having an extra 10 club adventures give adventurine rewards on Thursday probably isn't asking too much, I hope.

Counter-point to suggestion #3 - ST quests are fairly commonplace and should probably be just a bit rarer, if the Club Quests Discord is anything to go by. Gem box quests are usually also common enough that finding any one of them isn't too hard. I will say that Ganda's Magic Find quest should probably be set to 1.5-2 hours due to its sheer rarity though.

(Half) Agreement with suggestion #4 - Since they have now made each adventure NPC only give a single type of quest, they might have the ability to add that functionality into the club interface in the future (and they'd have the UI space to add it in too, considering the massive waste of space where NPC sleep timers and the wake button currently exist). Hopefully they take that step later on, but it'd be quite a bit of extra technical work to do it right now I'd imagine.

----

While the really hardcore players may notice less adventurine gains from club quests (maybe 60% of what we had before), the saved time can be put to use going around snapping up all the Trovian Outpost quests and Geodian quests to make at least some of that back up. The number crunching is below but here's the tl;dr of it:

Existing numbers: Potential for around 13,480 base adventurine in a day (roughly estimated due to varying reward amounts on gem box quests, 15MF, 10MF, 2CC, and 1CC)
    Revamped numbers: Potential for around 9,250 base adventurine in a day (which should be fairly exact due to all the normalization, with slight potential to increase this based on how many 50MF quests you decide/manage to get)

----

Current existing adventurine grind:
    220 club quests
    20 outpost quests
    20 caves quests

For the club quests, we can probably safely assume 54 adventurine per quest - gem box quests are pretty fast to complete for their 54 adventurine, and can pair up with MF/CC quests which will likely average out to around the same values long-term (unless you're constantly running MF5 quests in the mix, which would likely drop the average value per quest by a fair amount).

The outpost quests in Luminopolis give 10 to 30 adventurine each. However, if you're studious you might recognize that the Geode outpost quests give an unannounced 50 adventurine each in addition to the 2 nitro-glitterine, so let's assume you're doing those alongside the club quests grind (it's convenient as heck, anyways).

The cave quests likewise don't announce their adventurine rewards. They currently give 30 adventurine each in addition to that lesser crystal cache.

So if you're mad enough to do all that grind in the span of one day, that is a base adventurine amount of:
    (220 * 54) + (20 * 50) + (20 * 30) = 11,880 + 1,000 + 600 = 13,480 adventurine

----

Revamped adventure grind:
    20 club quests
    20 Trovian quests
    5 Geodian quests

So now let's look at what this update is proposing - a much shorter grind that should be more accessible to the average player. If you're wanting to squeeze the most out of this, here's the breakdown...

Legendary club quest = 350 adventurine per quest, meaning you're going to have to find and run 20 of Ganda's Magic Find quests and nothing else. Given that the Ganda NPC will only stick around for 1 hour, has apparently increased its quest to 50 triggers, and still appears next to never, we probably shouldn't assume you're doing only the Magic Find quests.

Epic club quest = 300 adventurine per quest. A much more reasonable baseline, since this is where all the gem box NPC's and Snackle (1 Chaos Chest) are at. The NPC's may only last 3 hours but there's usually enough of them around that you can find one if you know where to look. I haven't yet seen how much the gem box quests ask you to grind, but I doubt the answer matters all that much to a hardcore grinder; they're going to grind it out anyways.

Trovian outpost quests are now a bit more difficult to clear out quickly, since you can only do each outpost quest one time per day. There are more than 20 outpost NPC's to pick from, so you could reasonably skip a couple of the ones you don't like or don't want to hunt down (e.g. Luminopolis outpost NPC's or Drowned/Igneous fishing NPC's). But these tasks aren't terribly long once you find them and they're all worth the same exp as the current outpost quests (just make sure you complete them in as high an Uber as you can if you're leveling up classes to 30). Up to 3 Trovian outpost quests can be active at a time, so you might want to stop by a bunch of different world spawns to pick up specific quests that synergize well (Shapestone from Desert + Formicite from Candoria + Infinium from Dragonfire = 1 example).

Meanwhile the Geodian quest category now lumps the Topside outposts with the Cave quests. You can only have one Geodian quest active at a time, with a limit of 5 per day, but you get rewarded with a fairly decent 350 adventurine per quest so it's worth making this part of your day. You can opt to either (as before) run the 5-star dungeon quest with the club quests (cosmic boxes, CC, MF) or go with a caves quest if you have the resources/time to make that happen.

So this comes out to a base total of:
    (20 * 300) + (20 * 75) + (5 * 350) = 6,000 + 1,500 + 1,750 = 9,250 adventurine. Which is somewhat of a notable loss compared to 13,480 I suppose, but you should be able to clear this out in significantly less time allowing you to focus your efforts on other stuff in the game. If you really want to squeeze out 20 Magic Find quests in a day instead of pursuing Epic quests, that'll bump the number up by 1k adventurine, for a total of 10,250 but I think that's a pretty unreasonable expectation.

----

On a small side note, you can loot collect the allies from the Adventurine Strongbox for 50 adventurine each. The keys to open these strongboxes have two methods of acquisition (that I know of): You can either spend 500 adventurine at any prime world spawn / non-Luminopolis outpost, or you can make donations at a Luminopolis machine using your plasmium, logic loops, charged circuits, and memory matrices for a chance at one (which, based on my observations, I'd put around 3-4% for a key drop). Hardcore grinders will want to opt for this second method as there is also a rare ally acquired this way.

I'm not sure if the costumes or Pixel ally loot collect for adventurine yet. I didn't think to check with the stuff I found thus far, kinda just unlocked them out of excitement in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 0sita View Post
    PTS:
    Yes, we can not test the new system, because not enough clubs and no Discord list ... does a Ganda quest still exsist? Do club quests give XP to the players? My classes are all lvl 30 so I can not see ...

Anyway, what I saw on PTS: Everywhere outpost quest and for every beginner easy lot of adventurines. And you know: most people just do the "dailies", loggin in for 1-2 hours ... most people will not hit the the quest limits ...

And why should they do a club quest?
    The devs did make a couple clubs on PTS level 10 and gave them plenty of Clubits to put in a T3 Repose and even reroll the heroes. There isn't really a Discord list for these since there isn't much purpose in grinding out lots of quests on the PTS environment, except as a once-off measure to make sure that things are in proper working order. That's how I ended up seeing a screenshot of the Magic Find quest, which has apparently been revamped into triggering Magic Find 50 times. (Yikes...I mean, the Ganda quest still exists but it might as well not.)

As for club quests, those have beefier amounts of adventurine and can form the backbone of an adventure, while the outpost quests supplement that with a once-off reward for finding it in the world and doing it, once per outpost quest NPC per day. I also think that players who feel like part of a group will want to do things that benefit the group, so long as they feel like they're using their time well.

Yes, I'd imagine most players won't reach even these new limits, considering that you have to find 20 different Trovian outpost quests every day to reach one of the limits. (Sure, you can find these outposts frequently enough, but 20 is still a pretty big portion of the available pool of like...23 possible quests if I counted right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    looks like they are now complet 15 dungons

With a 1-3hr despawn for gem/ganda having a t3 Repose of Heroes should stop spawing Common/Uncommon hereos,
    You do realize that there are only 8 Rare+ Heroes (after this update), right?

- Shadow Tower
    - Bomber Royale
    - Water Gems
    - Air Gems
    - Fire Gems
    - Cosmic Gems
    - 1 Chaos Chest
    - 50 Magic Find

Getting to pick 5 from that group constantly would mean you'd always have at least one gem quest to do. And that goes for every Repose club out there, which there are surely more than 100 such clubs currently in operation. It would probably just keep people isolated in their own communities instead of venturing into other club worlds and seeing what the rest of the world has to offer.

The only tweaks I'd prefer to see on the proposed systems would be an increased club adventure cap on Thursdays, and a slight increase to Ganda's tenure.
    - Regarding Thursday adventure cap: The hardcore grinders who actually manage the current limits will be seeing about a third of their potential gains disappearing, thus why I would be in favor of a 10 club adventure cap increase specifically for Thursdays.
    - Regarding Ganda's tenure: 1 hour is a pretty short time to rally together people to pick up the quest even once, would prefer to see 1.5-2 hours as I mentioned in the previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Seedlings View Post
    The outpost quests
    Outpost quests
    Drowned world fishing needs to accept bubble fragments
    Jade fishing quest seems bugged was not getting anything from a cast happened 5 times while doing the quest.
    Geode save 15 critters have to wait near them for their animation to get credit.

Rest of the quests seem fine apart from trying to find all of the neon outpost quests.

Adventurine Strongbox
    Were you able to get a Costume or the Pixel ally?

So far Iíve done 35+ quests and got 8 lock box's, Out of 18 box's 3 were adventure mounts and the rest were the new ally's,
    Do you think the drop rate/rng of what you get out of them is right?
    Looks like there will be 46 Items in them.

You do realize that there are only 8 Rare+ Heroes (after this update), right?
    I was adding in the cost to remove them there life uptime having a tier 3 repost and 20 club quest limit,
    Ok so how about no common npcs.
    After doing 2 days of outpost quest I don't think I will even bother with club quests when this goes live.

Do you know if the gem quest is still 5 gem boxes or is it 15 gem box's now?

Were you able to get a Costume or the Pixel ally?

So far I’ve done 35+ quests and got 8 lock box's, Out of 18 box's 3 were adventure mounts and the rest were the new ally's,
    Do you think the drop rate/rng of what you get out of them is right?
    Looks like there will be 46 Items in them.
    I got the costumes for Rev and LL through the strongboxes, but I wasn't keeping track of how many I opened. I may have been a bit fortunate with those but my limited experience is giving me a feeling that the RNG is fine.

As for Pixel, I don't think that drops in the Adventurine Strongbox. I got mine from making donations at Luminopolis outposts, though I suspect I got really lucky there. I fully intend to dump my Luminopolis materials there when the update hits, since this was a pretty nice alternative source of strongbox keys for me and I'm probably going to need to do that to get Pixel anyways.

I was adding in the cost to remove them there life uptime having a tier 3 repost and 20 club quest limit,
    Ok so how about no common npcs.
    After doing 2 days of outpost quest I don't think I will even bother with club quests when this goes live.

Do you know if the gem quest is still 5 gem boxes or is it 15 gem box's now?
    I believe they're going with 25 gem boxes, so yeah, it's a massive increase in effort to do the higher-end quests each time but you also do it far fewer times to reach the new limits.

Outpost quests are nice for sure, but club exp is important to get for those clubs who want to get more access to fixtures with perks and buffs for all of their members. And adventurine will be a more important resource going forward since it can buy a few more things once this update drops.

+ Reply to Thread