+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mail System Idea

Mail System Idea

Wouldn't it be good to have a Mail System in Trove?

A Mail System would let you have the opportunity to send messages to other players even if they are offline and they would be abled to read them anytime when they come back online, exacly as Mail works. Also, this system could also be used to gift/send small quantities of items to a friend (for example, giveaway rewards) or for club invites, for example, if you have asked to join a club on the club Discord server (as it happen frequently lately) you would be abled to be invited without being online, and accept the invite when you want, invites will work only one time, and they can be disabled before the invited player accepts as the club might change idea about inviting him.

Resumable in:
    Asynchronous messaging, trading and club inviting

Also, this would require a new UI with a notification system, and could also be used for something different aside mails.

Players should be abled to stop receiving mails from user/clubs ignoring them, or disable this feature in settings, if they want to.

Also, a new log message would need to be displayed when someone invites a player with a mail or a player accepts a mail invite (like "X mail invited Y to join the club" and "Y joined the club with a mail invite (sent by X)") and also add the permission to send them to club roles.

Make clubs capable of receiving mails, adding them the possibility to send donations (letting them to be claimed from officers/who has the permission to do it or adding a sort of vault/any other system), and messaging, so people will stop spamming in global "Can someone invite me to club X", and ask directly to the club through the game.
    The claim menů could be updated with this new interface, as you could get claims like gift mails (for example, mails with a gift, a title and no context would let you simply claim your item clicking on them, but as there is nothing to read, no other menů would be opened)

What do you think? Wouldn't a Mail System be good in Trove? What you think it could be used for too?
    IGN: Xim_

This is a feature that should have already been in the game by now. Literally every other MMO I've played has a system close to or exactly like this. Trove always seems to be the odd ball and I constantly single it out when it doesn't have some of the standard things that you would expect from any average MMO.
    IGN: Hyperiem |Main Club: Shangri La | Main Class: Vanguardian - Power Rank: +32K | Total Mastery: +550 | Total Hours: +2000

R.A.F. - Want to jump in the fun? Use this link to get a head start and build on! https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf | Total Referrals: 0

At the very least we should have user profiles that allow you to put in Discord/Email/Twitch/Youtube/Etc.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

I know this is off topic but could any of you help me with the new class idea that i wanna pitch to the devs?

No mail, it's just another avenue for exploiters to mess with things.

This is a great idea...for all the flux selling sites that is.
    Other than that issue, i don't think Trove could even handle this. Notice that the only updates we get anymore revolve around systems already in the game, and i think this is for the simple reason that this game is already dealing with all that it can handle without running even worse than it already does. Would have been a nice feature though.

Banned
    put a sign at spawn with your clubs hours, email address and discord.

plenty of ways to get this going now, psn works great 4 ps4 but being president of 750 members I log in to 1 or 100 messages a day depending on what went on that day.
    it's a blessing and a time sink.......

Need help. Keep getting a waiting for session thing then my connection times out.

about those exploits, of course they cannot be avoided, but they can be reduced by adding a restriction to this feature, for example as it is for in-game trading (as you need mastery 20+) another restriction could be added for it, maybe bigger, but as long they don't block them they will found a way to do it.
    Also, you are right, i've already thought that they will probably mess a lot of things if they ever add this system, but, as you said, it would be nice to have a feature like this.

I just want to throw in that FFXIV has throttled most the aggressive mail spam by making it so you have to be someone's friend before you can send them mail.

Guilds have needed a short term roster for applications for some time, and could reduce spam by only allowing a player to make one request at a time and have it time out if it doesn't get a response in 3 days.

Mailing items is tricky, and the code would have to be constructed carefully to prevent dupes during server crashes, or too many excessive items sent at once could overload the system and Trove is already pretty laggy with the distribution of weekly leaderboard rewards. The server could end up on downtime a lot more often if a malicious group of people realized they could make the game crash by sending enough stacks of Primal Grey to one or many people.

I'd like to believe every player is pure of heart and honest, but I've played long enough to know that isnt the case. XD
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

+ Reply to Thread