+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 169 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Extended Downtime Server Move - Aug. 27, 2019

To the ignants saying that an effigy isnt = to the downtime. I easily make 1 mill flux on gathering day. Between the current demand for geode and nitro. And most dragons are on the board for 1 mill or less. So your wrong. Also the economy isnt paused. This will ripple tell the next gather day and beyond. They are already losing players consistently each month. 24 hours of downtime in a 7 day period while barely keeping 3000 peak players a month is not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by IIIDarkmasterII View Post
    You guys said 12 hours downtime . Now another wtf is wrong with you guys ? 16 hours thats unacceptable in my opinion . Did you guys planed the server move ? I dont think so
    The server move would have definitely been planned, especially if they are leasing new floor space in a new data center. Physical moves are extremely prone to complications. Unexpected issues could even arise from the DC itself and not the trove devs. IE inadequate cooling, floors not being ready, etc.

This isnít plugging a PC into another room. This is unbolting and unracking at least one entire rack, packing it safely and transporting it to a new location to rack and stack everything back up. And you know itís prolly being done by two dudes, not a team of 5. Give some slack please.

Quote Originally Posted by agentw00t View Post
    The server move would have definitely been planned, especially if they are leasing new floor space in a new data center. Physical moves are extremely prone to complications. Unexpected issues could even arise from the DC itself and not the trove devs. IE inadequate cooling, floors not being ready, etc.

This isnít plugging a PC into another room. This is unbolting and unracking at least one entire rack, packing it safely and transporting it to a new location to rack and stack everything back up. And you know itís prolly being done by two dudes, not a team of 5. Give some slack please.
    HAHA I'm sorry I have to laugh at this. As a former IT Service Tech I've physically moved 8 servers in my career and 7 of those I did solo and the longest took me all of 9 hours to break down, pack, drive (150 miles) un-pack, setup, run a stress test on the network then run all your startups and done. the only reason it should take THIS long is for 2 reasons.

1: Incompitant employees
    2: Faulty Equipment.

They should have just set up new servers and just copy the data. would have been an hour downtime TOPS!

PS: Any comments on the # an account has for posts are just Ignorant. This is about the 5th account I've had to have with this game from corrupt account info on their part to using multiple alts over the years. I play off and on as these downtimes are pretty bad.

Side note, I come backk after like 7 months of workk and family and get time to play and BAM Down time AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Flambo20 View Post
    HAHA I'm sorry I have to laugh at this. As a former IT Service Tech I've physically moved 8 servers in my career and 7 of those I did solo and the longest took me all of 9 hours to break down, pack, drive (150 miles) un-pack, setup, run a stress test on the network then run all your startups and done. the only reason it should take THIS long is for 2 reasons.

They should have just set up new servers and just copy the data. would have been an hour downtime TOPS!
    As a former IT professional, I can say I've had 2 hour jobs turn into 10 hour jobs due to circumstances out of my control (things as simple as unreported software on servers that had configurations that didn't work with the new environment could cause hours of extra downtime trying to locate information on how to correct the issue). I understand the frustration, and want to get my Trove fix as well, but stuff like this happens sometimes. If you're a PC player, the PTS is currently up and even has the next update available for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flambo20 View Post

PS: Any comments on the # an account has for posts are just Ignorant. This is about the 5th account I've had to have with this game from corrupt account info on their part to using multiple alts over the years. I play off and on as these downtimes are pretty bad.

Side note, I come backk after like 7 months of workk and family and get time to play and BAM Down time AGAIN!
    They never said they had new servers. They are moving existing equipment so how can they migrate/replicate?

I also call BS on most of your claims. No one would call a DC migration a simple task of just “migrating data”

Go back to your $15 an hour internal IT job plz

My first post

Well seeing as this is my first post I would like to say HELLO to everyone. I would also like to thank the team of people working on Trove for all the work they are doing and have done. I understand the work involved with moving servers. Making sure everything is powered down properly, undoing the wire ties, and so on. There are thousands of feet of cables (maybe even miles) to take care of. Making sure everything is marked properly so as to avoid any mistakes when you go to putting everything back together in it's new location. The packing that is involved, the sorting,labeling,boxing. Then when you have everything packed and ready to go it's time to place everything in the moving vehicle. Then you arrive at the new location (who knows how many miles away from the original location). Setting back up can be tricky in the least part. Who knows what small or big problems could have arisen while in transport. You might be surprised what all might have come lose. Anyways putting everything back together can prove to be more difficult than expected. This is just me pulling SH*$ from my memories from when I worked in networking. No complaints from me take as long as you need as it can be a real MFer getting everything back to the way one wants it. I haven't played long but am really enjoying myself with this game. Thank you again for the time the team puts into the game.

12 hour Downtime now 16 hour down time?

Previously it was 12 hour dt, now they added 4 more hours on top of that? On grind day? And they ggonna make it up to us with ONE day patron pass and 20 dragon coins? Dose trove not give a crap about their player base community?? What's the deal?

How much longer? Time differences mess with my chi XD

The down times have been disappointing lately. I like to get back from work and chill on your game and you've been fcking me over alot in the past months. I spent several thousands on this game and it feels like a punch in the face every time I try to log in in a godamn PEAK HOUR. On the edge to move to another game like alot of players. Keep fcking up and you'll lose another player that like to support the game ...

Talking

If it spares us the whining, please do move to another game, the sooner the better.

+ Reply to Thread