+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 169 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Extended Downtime Server Move - Aug. 27, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by XpurepkingX View Post
    Lol? They don't count as MMOs by today's standard, what point are you even trying to make with that? If you think they do count, then I've been playing longer since I was playing the garbage that is Lineage and if they don't count I've still been playing longer? Fact of the matter is I've kept up with newly releasing MMOs a lot more consistently than you have and even during early launch I see less technical difficulties from brand new fresh MMOs than Trove has as a years old game at this point, it's a joke.

What kind of point are you trying to make about Runescape? Clearly you can't be very educated about MMOs since Runescape's popularity went through the damn roof after the mobile version released, something that will NEVER happen with Trove officially since the devs are incompetent and can't even over estimate their downtimes so they don't look stupid. Most of the players from World of Warcraft even went to Runescape >.> the other half went to Final Fantasy 14, can say whatever you want about Runescape but with the release of Old School, they've shown they have more competence as game devs than most.

PS. OVER 48 HOURS AND STILL DOWN! YEAH KEEP KISSING ***! MAYBE THEY'LL ACTUALLY TRY AND GET IT WORKING WHEN YOU KEEP BEING SOFT ON THEM *facepalm* kids don't know how the real world works, I swear to god... if you don't get on someone's back about something, they're gonna half arse it.

The fact of the matter is, whatever issue is going on thats keeping Troves servers down is OUTSIDE OF THE CONTROL OF THE DEVS OF TROVE.
    Its like when your friends car breaks down and they have to take it to a mechanic. You cant yell at your friend to get the car fixed any faster, you have to yell at the mechanic. In this case, however, we dont know who or where the mechanic is, so theres no way we can yell at the mechanic, and yelling at the devs wont make their mechanic work any faster.|

If the devs want to yell at their mechanic, thats their prerogative, but look at it this way: For you, its a game. its entertainment. Maybe you spend a few bucks on it here and there, maybe you dont.

But to the devs, its income. The only reason Trove remains alive is because its still profitable, they still make money off of selling ingame things. However, if people cant play Trove, they cant spend money, and the longer the game is down the more money is lost. Plus, the longer the game is down, the more chance there is of people abandoning the game entirely. The devs dont want the game to be down either, theyre doing everything they can to get it running again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fevix View Post
    The fact of the matter is, whatever issue is going on thats keeping Troves servers down is OUTSIDE OF THE CONTROL OF THE DEVS OF TROVE.
    Its like when your friends car breaks down and they have to take it to a mechanic. You cant yell at your friend to get the car fixed any faster, you have to yell at the mechanic. In this case, however, we dont know who or where the mechanic is, so theres no way we can yell at the mechanic, and yelling at the devs wont make their mechanic work any faster.
    The problem is all the other games are online now so Gamigo decided to prioritize those other games before this one. So I'm sure people getting upset about that is justified.

3.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #803
    Hey Trovians,

Although we still do not have an ETA yet on when Trove will be live again, we're hopeful to finish our server move by today.

We appreciate your patience during this time and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Unhappy Ça recommence!

They are too mysterious! They do not tell us anything. In France, we start now the 3rd day without play. So either something important happened that they do not dare to reveal, or they do not care about the players. I just downloaded this game since Saturday and I learn that the game is part of Gamigo. I know Gamigo since 2009, I know they always had problems, the only time I saw a problem of a similar gravity, it was on a game Gamigo, I come now on this game, I meet already huge problems and I realize that it is still Gamigo ..! Really ...

Quote Originally Posted by zebra11 View Post
    The problem is all the other games are online now so Gamigo decided to prioritize those other games before this one. So I'm sure people getting upset about that is justified.

They had two options here:
    1) Keep ALL of their games offline until ALL of them were ready to go, angering everyone by making every game take this long to come back on.
    2) Bring games online as they get ready, satisfying some customers and angering others.

In option 1, NOBODY wins. Everyone might be waiting for one game to finish whatever it has to do, and in the meantime Gamigo is making NO money off of those games that are ready to go.

In option 2, there is going to be a first game to come back, and a last game to come back. No matter what, theres going to be people upset that their game happened to be last, but there are also to be many people in other games happy that they can get back to playing (and, more importantly for Gamigo, spending money).
    If ArcheAge was the last game online, dont you think the archeage players would be upset too?

At this point, its impossible to say if the game order was chosen, or just happened to play out like this. For all we know, the new hardware might have some issue with Trove specifically that prevents Gamigo from bringing it online, but as stated in my last post, Gamigo will be doing everything they can to get it running again.

Its been almost three days yet no result we still cant play i wish we would have dragon effigy for this because almost 3 days of collecting and gathering is painstaking

In your wall, making scratching and breathing noises
    Quote Originally Posted by gedc View Post
    Hey Trovians,

Although we still do not have an ETA yet on when Trove will be live again, we're hopeful to finish our server move by today.

We appreciate your patience during this time and apologise for the inconvenience caused.
    I expect 50 Ancient Boots in my inventory when the servers come back up as compensation for this outrageous offense!
    Here's some mods of mine from the past and the present I'd really appreciate feedback on!

Quote Originally Posted by gedc View Post
    Hey Trovians,

Can you elaborate at all as to what the hold up is?

Even when they answer, they give no information ..

It’s been over 2 days and still cannot get into trove really want to play this amazing game but instead I am sitting doing nothing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 169 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast