+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 169 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Extended Downtime Server Move - Aug. 27, 2019

Wie lange sind den die server noch of ich warte schon seit gestern dass ich wieder rein kann

let me sum up trove players for you:

*something doesn't work* trove community: ehrmagerrrd devs do ur joooob
    *devs trying to do their job* trove community: ehrmagerrd y u do your job while i wanna play?
    *something goes wrong because, ya know, sometimes things go wrong* trove community: ehrmagerrd y are u no literal gods who can fix everything i wanna play

that said, would be nice if we get some compensation for our gardening since we all can't harvest and our stuff withers but first prio is that everyone can do their job now and everything works out. no matter how long it takes, i rather take a few days without trove than losing any safe files. btw, anyone else finally got a bunch of stuff done cause trove is down? lol

Do you really think it is that easy?
    Unplugeverything, move it, and replug?
    That is the easyest part.

Majority is about migrating nonmaterial parts. The whole subnet (it might be an /23 or /24) has to be routed to the new location, and this has to be done by the datacenter.
    If this is not working, you cant play, even if the servers are up and running.

There are so much other things that need consideration, like firewall rules (maybe also regarding router advertisement and neighbourhood discovery).
    You also dont know if they migrate their subnet, often it belongs to the hosting company and cant be moved since it goes back to them by contract cancelation.

Ppl complaining feels like they have so much knowledge, but i can tell you it is more than "did u try to turn it of and on again?" or installing Adobe Reader (i think some ppl will know about the context xP)

I think it is because of radiosity depletion,or jupiter is aligned with mars which causes fat electrons in the lines.

I have checked the social media platforms, as well as several other sources. Is there any word at all? It's not a big deal, just would like to at least have an estimate, or even updates on the status every 2-4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by XpurepkingX View Post
    Lol... really dude? I've been playing MMOs since 2004, starting with Runescape and WoW and I've never seen any other dev take LONGER than originally stated to perform a server move. BECAUSE OTHER DEVS OVERESTIMATE THEIR TIME SCALES rofl.... like good tech teams do.
    And I've been playing MMOs since 1999. You want to pull out a measuring tape next? Comparing Trove to WoW, which is owned by Blizzard aka a major gaming company, is massively unfair to Trove. (And, uh, while I haven't played WoW since about 2006, I have friends who have and they've had plenty of overdue times for things over the years.)
    IGN: jabbycat
    "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."

Quote Originally Posted by LupusDominus View Post
    that said, would be nice if we get some compensation for our gardening since we all can't harvest and our stuff withers
    It was already confirmed the timer on the plants stopped when the plug was pulled...so yea, there's that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbinatron View Post
    Here's the thing: Physically moving servers doesn't "fail". There are hiccups and delays but unless they take actual damage, physical server moves don't fail. Even if, for whatever reason, it turned out they couldn't go to the new datacenter at all, they'd still have to take the servers back to the previous one which would still take time. If the new place isn't ready, they can't do anything about that. That's something that's beyond their control. There are no ways to make contingencies for this, either.

There is no way to physically move servers and keep the game up. If they kept servers up during the move, anything done during that time would be lost when the main servers get brought up and was set back to that point.

The closest they can do is put up the PTS server for people to play, which they've done.

(Also... They've got plenty of money. It's not like two days of downtime is going to cripple them. People have already paid for patron if they're going to. And frankly, anyone who's whining about taking their money elsewhere over unforeseen downtime? Don't let the door hit you on the way out.)
    If they have plenty of money there's nothing stopping them from using it to accomplish this with minimal downtime. I'm fairly certain their budget doesn't allow this.
    Yes you can move physical servers without downtime. Bring copy of server up, change dns target, move old server, bring it up, change dns target.
    Which leads me to the conclusion that they either cant afford copies of their server, cant figure out how to duplicate their machines, or are just that irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by OJdaJUICEMAN922 View Post
    Apparently original trove server got destroyed during transfer, they have decided to upgrade to a better server and they are facing too many issues .

New better server picture from insider agent .

https://imgur.com/6IUE4bz
    Still looked my advanced than my PC :P

Quote Originally Posted by BobBob View Post
    Still looked my advanced than my PC :P
    In many companies I worked poorly planned migration such as this with a live environment would get somebody fired.

Angry 😠

Die server sind schon ungefähr 25 Stunden down 😠😠

+ Reply to Thread