+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 169 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Extended Downtime Server Move - Aug. 27, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by TheIgmo View Post
    I mean, depending on the problem, it really may be something completely out of their control, but since it sounds like they moved to a cloud solution, that means it was just data, and not physical equipment moving, so my money is on some sort of routing issue between virtual servers at this point.

Edit: or maybe some difference in the database back end with the live data, though I assume that was probably tested beforehand
    I was talking about the community and the toxic comments \_>_ >_/

Can we get an update when will trove be back?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by EM03 x View Post
    Current downtime is sitting at a comfortable 34 hours , we have not received an update in over 12 hours , the so called 'care package' gives average items at best , the 20 lesser dragon caches and virtually worthless to the average endgame player , 1 day patron pass is nice and 3 empowered gem boxes are more likely to reward class gem keys than useful gems , the dev and streamer boxes give no beneficial stats and are worth little to nothing , we would all appreciate a more guaranteed item like a dragon effigy or super stash instead of a RNG box , we have all lost out on countless items that we need like crystalline cores , xp and cubits. An update would be appreciated.
    While we haven't been given the actual cause behind the delays, we have had periodic dev posts in this thread letting us know that they were still working on the problem.They already said they'd reassess the care package when the outage was resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelWhisper View Post
    I was talking about the community and the toxic comments \_>_ >_/
    lol whoops, but not much new on that front. People get grumpy when they don't get their videogame fix.

Periodic? I think you mean this morning around 11 EST

Quote Originally Posted by llwf View Post
    Periodic? I think you mean this morning around 11 EST
    I mean, the last post was 4 hours ago. Longer than it should be, but still well within 12 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by gedc View Post
    Hey all!

This is still on going and we really appreciate your patience.

We will be updating you here and on the socials as soon as we get all the information.

Thank you for your understanding!
    Last we heard

Seriously, I mean, I know I took a 3 year break, and don't have much experience with these Devs and how they handle these things, but as far as I've seen, they're handling things pretty well, they're actually keeping you people informed WHEN THEY CAN, I highly doubt they're keeping you out of the loop intentionally, and Oh, what's this? they're giving you free stuff, and adding to the list of things they originally planned on handing out, they even gave an update on something entirely new, despite the fact they're currently dealing with the server move

I've said it so many times, and it's getting repetitive, but have none of you ever played an MMO? MMOs do updates, MMOs have downtime, This is perfectly normal, be happy they even told you there'd be any downtime, Some MMO devs don't even bother, I know that a lot of younger people play this game, and might not completely understand that, but I'm pretty sure the people in that age group don't just have permission to post on internet forums without their parents supervision, and given some of these posts, I doubt a 6 y/o could get away with saying such things with their mom hovering over their shoulder

TL;DR: Just stop complaining, the devs are doing what they can, and informing you WHEN they can, we'll get updates when we get them, if downtime is too much for you to want to stay, then no one is forcing you to

Login error changed to failed to get authentication token. Dunno if that means progress is being made but it’s a change.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelWhisper View Post
    I'm pretty sure the people in that age group don't just have permission to post on internet forums without their parents supervision, and given some of these posts, I doubt a 6 y/o could get away with saying such things with their mom hovering over their shoulder
    Lolwut? Free games like this are literally the lazy parents dream. Plop your kid in front of Trove and...free babysitter! and they go about their business. A lot of these lazy parents will even buy these kids what they want from the cash shop, if it keeps them out of their hair. Welcome to 2019 and the age of the lazy parent that should never have had kids in the first place.

Banned
    People are rightfully upset, just let them vent and stop reading into it or reacting.
    Yes we all work hard at our jobs or study hard for school.

When we mess up BADLY or get caught setting up a lie we should be called out on it so we understand accountability.
    If this was going to be a multiple day shut down they should have been up front with it.
    This "unexpected" stuff is BS.

If your moving a million dollar item there is no "unexpected". Its all a PR game we are apart of ATM.
    I hate being lied too personally.
    Yes I've moved large servers, No we had no "unexpected" issues because we had a plan, and like Santa we checked our list twice.

+ Reply to Thread