+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 169 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Extended Downtime Server Move - Aug. 27, 2019

plsss get more information!!!! OMG i unistall the game or no? Server is Alive? Boh, 33 hours off server OMG!

Yes please uninstall it. OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by Sedai View Post
    the server move.

what about the fact that
    Trove has lag,
    screen freeze,
    multiple disconnects,
    stuck in midair while flying or sailing, because:
    either the server can't handle load of 70 players in 1 instance,
    or the programming of the game code is extremely inadequate.
    & THESE ISSUES HAVE NEVER BEEN CORRECTED.
    I don't think a world holds 70 people (maybe hub during an event, but I believe it's 40 as the population cap normally). Once the servers are back up, if you're a PC player, try disabling multithreading in the settings and switching from directx to opengl renderer in video settings. Those seemed to help with a lot of the latency, disconnect, and fps drop issues I had

the STs are becoming more difficult to survive. why?
    new players see the damage of STs & quit the game,
    because you DEVS created this issue.
    Not sure what you mean here, as I see people in ST all the time running normal/hard towers (hard has the most frequent use from the lobby in my experience), and plenty of people advertising for groups for those difficulties (definitely not as many people chatting about them as there are for ultra levels, but still a fair number).

a 10k or even a 20k player will not be invited to an Ultra ST Boss Room BR
    why only 1 flask? diablo II had 5 flasks, as does path of exile.
    Fairly certain 15k is the minimum for most if not all of Ultra, though I could be wrong. I generally open public portals in the shadow tower lobby for Spike Walker through Hydra, and don't bother checking the crests of people who join for those. For DD and DotM, I do generally ask for people 25k+, because it goes much more quickly, and those fights both have insta-kill attacks and heavy damage attacks that can make longer fights less likely to succeed. Not sure what you mean about the flasks, as there are multiple types, and they have multiple charges, depending on the type you use

Edit: Looks like the first two are 5k and the rest are 10k for the PR requirements.

why cap exp at lvl 30?
    why didn't you simply create U10 - U100?
    I wouldn't neccessarily be against this, but the U9 - U10 difference isn't really linear, and is more based on light. I think with this "From the Deep" update that's on the PTS currently they're trying to move the endgame scaling mostly to the light stat. They could potentially do this without raising the level cap, which wouldn't really serve for much than just inflating stats more.

Server update

Got a message to my items missing they said

Edgar Today at 10:09am
    Greetings,

Please note that due to the High ticket traffic recently, the Google Cloud move and the current Maintenance we were not able to resolve your request in the usual speed. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes. We have to ask you to remain patient.

We apologize for this but note that we are doing everything in our power to assist you in resolving your request.

Sincerely
    Edgar

Hope this helps everyone the servers are being taken care of new stuff is being added, and from what we see on the test server it is going to be AWESOME

So stay turned and be ready.

So we have a google cloud move in progress, More maintenance, for stability, and new content being prepared, so be patient and all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by djrrecords View Post
    So we have a google cloud move in progress, More maintenance, for stability, and new content being prepared, so be patient and all is good.
    We need an official update. We're aware of what their plan was. We just want to know when it's going to be complete, or at least an estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by MadRS View Post
    Considering all things ≠ eliminating all risk. And accepting a low % risk that has a huge impact is also not necessarily poor change management either. Sometimes those outside events happen and you have to push through. I'm sure the people working on it are more upset about the situation than everyone here and are doing their best to remedy the situation. It's easy to throw accusations of incompetence from behind your keyboard at home, but take a moment to picture the tech who maybe is trying to catch a short nap in a freezing datacenter hoping (s)he will be able to get home to family soon, because I've been that guy, and it's not fun.
    I've been that guy several times too and not by choice. I'm not accusing the ones doing the work, i'm accusing the ones who planned it and decided to execute it with this level of risk involved.

Quote Originally Posted by XpurepkingX View Post
    If you wanna talk joke old MMOs then I've been playing since 1998, since the first I ever played was Lineage >.> I really would not consider "MMOs" from that era MMOs by today's standards, meanwhile games like WoW and Runescape still hold true to the meaning of an MMO so you can take your measuring tape and stuff it lol. What about the comparison to Runescape? Ignored that bit out of convenience? Of course. I have never seen a downtime over run by literally over DOUBLE the originally estimated time and Runescape maintenance basically doesn't even exist, explain that one? The game has been up all day every day for how long now? Jagex certainly can't be compared to companies like Blizzard since they started off in the same situation as the Trove devs, could possibly even be argued that Jagex came from even MORE humble begginings, but they've kept that game up all day, almost every day for the past 15 years.
    Huh, noted. Apparently, Everquest and Ultima doesn't count as MMOs now. And I didn't compare it to Runescape because I have no experience with Runescape personally and I don't know anyone who's played Runescape in the last, oh, decade?

But hey, whatever. You're not gonna give Trove's dev team a break, it seems, even for things outside of their control, so I'm not gonna waste my breath or my data any more.
    IGN: jabbycat
    "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."

Just keep in mind Trove is not the only game on the server, so if they keep sending out updates every hour, then it takes away from the update/setup

This game ever gonna be online

+ Reply to Thread